I think therea something wrong with my luteal phase :(

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
AF startes today so this will be my 5th cycle ttc.

I started charting 3 cycles ago ... I had a 14 day luteal phase . and then a 12 day luteal phase and now this cycle an 11 day luteal phase ..

My cycles are remaining 26-28 days long buy ovulation is happeninh later in the cycle

also some months it takes several days for my twmperature to get up high and FF has trouble pin pointing the exact day of ovulation

Feeling pretty down :( is there anything I can do? What would cause this to happen?

sorry for all the typos ... posting from my.phone :dohh:

Well I know the ladies on another thread I'm on take vitamin b6 to lengthen their luteal phase and also Agnus Castus to regulate cycles. My son is 15 weeks but we are ttc again as I'm now 42 and haven't got time to wait unfortunately. I had an 8 day luteal phase my first cycle after af returned which I read was normal for the first one so I'm hoping this months might be longer xxx

I've had luck with B vitamins. Also, I've read that LP length is only an issue if it goes below 10 days, so you're still ok :) Also, you could be a 'slow riser' meaning it takes a little while after O for your temps to get up there but as far as I know that is no big deal and normal too.

AF startes today so this will be my 5th cycle ttc.

I started charting 3 cycles ago ... I had a 14 day luteal phase . and then a 12 day luteal phase and now this cycle an 11 day luteal phase ..

My cycles are remaining 26-28 days long buy ovulation is happeninh later in the cycle

also some months it takes several days for my twmperature to get up high and FF has trouble pin pointing the exact day of ovulation

Feeling pretty down :( is there anything I can do? What would cause this to happen?

From what I've read, the luteal phase is supposed to be pretty concrete. Maybe you're not pinpointing your O right. If you're charting, sometimes it can be off or miscalculate. I would say definitely take up on the vitamin B6 and make sure you're eating properly and not exercising too much as that can shorten luteal phases as well.

rosepedal . your.potentially right. my cycle with the 12 day luteal phase had a really clear ovulation day. but all my other charta my ovulation is kind of ambiguous. and FF had trouble pinpointing it.

One month FF said I ovulated between cycle day 11 and day 20 but it didnt know which day.

this month i maaaube could have Od a day earlier but then my 1dpo temp was pretty low.

i feel like theres a problem in there somewhere ..

Everything mentioned above really helped me but I still had issues spotting before AF was due and I wasn't able to get my LP to the full 14 days with vitamin B and agnus castus alone. I started using Progest progesterone cream after I confirmed O and it made my bbt rise nicely, spotting stop, and my LP was a full 14 days :)

I also had iffy O's and sometimes FF had issues pinpointing it but the agnus castus really helped to get a stronger O and I also used opk's so I was confident I had O'd before starting the cream. If you start it before O it can delay it so be sure you O'd before starting the cream and good luck!

thank you .. what is angus castus and where can i get it?

I take vitamin D3 and B complex I have noticed once I started taking my B complex regularly it lengthened my luteal phase. So now I take it every other day.

Agnes Cactus is also known as Vitex and you can get it at any vitamin store such as Vitamin World or Vitamin Shoppe, even GNC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->