I think they have got it wrong!

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
I believe I am 32 weeks tomorrow not 30 weeks, I have believed it ever since I first got pregnant, the midwives have said that I am 30 weeks by the scan but I dont care what the scan says, I believe I am 32 weeks!! They have to go by my dates!! My bump looks like a huge 32 week bump!! I am getting more symptoms of 32+ weeks than 29-30 weeks!! My baby doesnt kick like it would at 29 weeks, it squirms and has already changed into head down position!! I really want to be induced as soon as I am due by my dates which will be the 18th May!! I know the midwives will make me wait until I am due by their dates at the 1st June and probably make me go until about the 14th June which will make me nearly 10 months pregnant!! I cannot go that long!! Will the midwives go by my dates if I tell them to? My mums dates for my sister was the beginning of May and she was made to go until the middle of June my sister ended up 11lb 10oz normal delivery but it ruined my mums insides and she never had another baby!! If they had listened to her and went by her dates she would have been alright!! I really need them to go by my dates!!

Sorry for my mini rant, I am just very upset tonight that my midwives arent taking my feelings into consideration!! I feel like I have no decision in my pregnancy, like I have no rights or voice!! :nope:

Reading at this, i believe your argument that you're 32 not 30. Try to tell them the same story, bring examples and stay calm. I hope you can make a compromise at least :/

If your baby is ,ensuring 30 weeks it doesn't sound like you run the same risk as your mum, having a big baby. Is that how they've dated you! If the baby has shown 2 weeks behind your dates developmentally, I'd be tempted to go by their dates. Have they ,entitled how big the baby is so far?

No they havent said, just that the scan states that I am 30 weeks.

I would be happy to compromise with the midwives that if the baby hasnt arrived by 1st June to be induced which would make me 42 weeks by my dates and 40 weeks by their dates but I really dont want to go any longer than that! I will ask at my next appointment!

I have the same problem, due to my dates im due today but the scan pushed me to april 5th. Now im here i don't believe i am due today though, but then its a first baby so i dunno. I don't want to be induced so at least theres a chance i can go as long as possible, i just don't like how they don't take your dates into considerations with inductions etc.

I'm guessing you had a scan at 12 weeks that told said how far along you was ?
And I'm also guessing they measure your bump to see how big you are ? Are you on schedule ? Or 2 weeks ahead ...

They won't induce you just because you say so, not if by all there measurement you are actually 30 weeks not 32

My dates are two weeks ahead by me too. They won't let me go any earlier than at 39 weeks because its not safe for the baby. If the scan says 30 weeks its very likely that you are, you could have ovulated late. Chances are you will go into labour yourself, why is it that you think it will go on really far over? Most women go within 11 days of their due date xx

Hun, I know this is frustrating, but if you are truly 32 weeks, the baby will come when ready. If measuring 30 weeks, it's obviously not overly large. Just ask for a growth scan.

I believe they have got my dates slightly wrong as well; they put my dates back by 5 days at the 12 week scan because my baby was measuring on the low side for just over 13 weeks as I was meant to actually be but judging by LMP and when I think I conceived as well as when I first got a + pregnancy test I believe the original due date to be more correct. Now I am measuring slightly ahead and at the 20 week scan my baby was on the 95th centile or even off the charts on all the measurements on the scan printout. I have a feeling I will be having this baby at 38 or 39 weeks at the latest xx

Whatever they say, your body knows what to do. Your body decides when. So if they are off you may very well to into labor "early" by their dates.

I feel my Dr is 1 week off too. She's going by my lasts cycle. But the scans have always dated earlier by 5 days. So now they think baby is big. I just think their date is wrong.

Shame they dont believe you! do you know when you ovulated? You wouldn't have a medical reason to be induced though anyway unless another issue comes up. How big was your last baby? baby will come when it's ready - some babies need to Go for longer than others. It's unlikely you'd go to ten months anyway. I think it's 3% that go over 42 weeks x

Im 29 weeks 3 days and Jaxon has been head down for almost 3 weeks and wiggly with very little kicking for over 2 weeks I dont think thats real proof that youre 32 weeks .... with my first son I didnt know my dates at all and the dating scan gave me a due date of feb 15 .... I went into labour on the 16th and he was born on the 17 th so i personally would go with the scan dates

Dating scans are normally pretty accurate and I would be very weary about being induced by your dates as oppose to theres. Even though a baby is considered term at 37 weeks, they are still developing until they are born. If they have any cause for concern they will induce you early if need be. If not, I'd say stick it out.

To be honest, I think you're worrying over nothing. In my experience going with the ultrasound date is always more accurate. Especially if you've had multiple and each time baby has measured the same.

Also, it's not common practice to induce the day you're due as it's a GUDIELINE, not a "Holy get the baby out now it's losing vernix!". So it's unlikely they'll induce you on your due date whether it's the due date you think you should be or the due date they've given you. It's just a rough guideline. I personally don't take due dates all too serious.

My first I was dated by my LMP, I was given a due date of October.18th. On October.27th I found out I was actually due October.30th as I was two weeks behind. Imagine that one! Thinking you're done and baby should be here anytime, only to find out you have a couple more days until your due date and could go another 2 weeks from there. Fun!

So when I got pregnant with my next two I had learnt to date on my own, and both times I was on par with the ultrasound dates as well. Unless you know certain specifics about your cycle ect, you're unlikely to know an accurate date. That's why ultrasound is used.

I would go by their dates. They will monitor you and make sure things aren't getting out of hand. The reasons you have for switching the date don't make a lot of sense to me personally, and I doubt they will to your midwife.

To be honest, I think you're worrying over nothing. In my experience going with the ultrasound date is always more accurate. Especially if you've had multiple and each time baby has measured the same.

I would go by their dates. They will monitor you and make sure things aren't getting out of hand. The reasons you have for switching the date don't make a lot of sense to me personally, and I doubt they will to your midwife.

I agree with this. Baby will come when its ready and may come 2 weeks early if you are infact 2 weeks further on than the DR's think. Id chill and relax and just let things happen as and when.

I'm 32 weeks and my baby has been wriggling and shuffling for weeks. I don't think the movements have changed much at all since 30 weeks. Try not to worry. As everyone says bsby will come when its ready. I don't think any baby goes 3-4 weeks overdue. What is your fundal height measurement? If you are measuring big then perhaps explain you are concerned by that and the dates and ask for a growth scan. But the dating scan is very accurate. I had an nhs scan at 10 weeks and then a private one at 13 weeks. The change in the baby in that time was unbelieveable! There is no mistaking it. Perhaps they could be off by a day or two but not two weeks.

Did you have a 12 week scan? At that stage a few weeks would make a huge difference so it's unlikely they are very wrong.x

There is a lot more to your due date than just movements and positioning, my babe has been head down since 27 weeks, and has always been more of a roller than a kicker. Unless you know 100% when you ovulated your doctor is more likely to be right on this one.

We all get tired of being pregnant when we're this big and we just want to meet them, it doesn't mean that we should be trying to get them out, we're pregnant for 40 weeks (roughly) for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->