I think we need a bad day sticky thread

We've never had one in our backyard :( We got plenty in the house tho! lol

Macwooley - I think we personally might have been split at birth...........but you look taller than me, so maybe not :haha:

Looking for snakes
Giving peeps the finger..
Both sound good to me...
I like going to the pet shop and looking at the aquariums, as well...
When we were little, we always went to the mall after church...and my sibs would go to the toy stores with my mother and grandmother...and I would go to the piano store and pet shop with my father...

Looking for snakes
Giving peeps the finger..
Both sound good to me...
I like going to the pet shop and looking at the aquariums, as well...
When we were little, we always went to the mall after church...and my sibs would go to the toy stores with my mother and grandmother...and I would go to the piano store and pet shop with my father...

Those sound like wonderful memories! :flower:

Ok ladies after a long cycle (stuffed up by BCP/EPO) I finally get the ov cramps and the dark line on the opk last night, OH is in agony with backpain and wouldn't DTD.

I'm so upset right now, this is now the second month of trying and the second month of sore back on critical day, so another wasted cycle, I might as well not have bothered with moving my cycle dates and worrying about what I was eating.

Normally I'm sympathetic as he's quite a sooky boy, but right now I am really pissed off with him, I'm close to tears typing this.

Ok ladies after a long cycle (stuffed up by BCP/EPO) I finally get the ov cramps and the dark line on the opk last night, OH is in agony with backpain and wouldn't DTD.

I'm so upset right now, this is now the second month of trying and the second month of sore back on critical day, so another wasted cycle, I might as well not have bothered with moving my cycle dates and worrying about what I was eating.

Normally I'm sympathetic as he's quite a sooky boy, but right now I am really pissed off with him, I'm close to tears typing this.

:hugs:

Not fair

What is wrong with his back? Can't he take a pill? :(

He did take a pill but he could hardly move, hadn't slept with the pain the night before and couldn't even keep his eyes open. I didn't even try though I did point out to him that it was definitely the night to DTD.

My temp has soared 0.5C this morning so the window is definitely closed, the stupid thing is I was prepared for a BFN this month I could live with that knowing that we'd tried everything, but this, second time in a row ](*,)

Could weep with frustration.

Oh Northstar you poor thing that must be awful! Why does he have back pain? If this is the second month then couldn´t anyone help him in between the two OV days? He had better get some help before next cycle.
Not to be personal but when did you last dtd? if it was in the last 5 days you are still in with a chance.
HUge hugs

I´m back to rant again, oh dear I´ll get a reputation for it at this rate! It isn´t a big deal it´s just my OH, I am so worried about the meds he takes affecting his sperm count but he doesn´t seem bothered at all. He will give me a hug when I´m down but I feel like apart from the BD he isn´t with me in the process at all. I always get the feeling he wants me to forget about it and just get on with life if I try to talk to him about it. He is so concerned with his own things and nothing else. I guess that is why I´m on here so much right now, I feel very alone and like i´m hiding how much it is worrying me all the time.
Ok maybe I´ll try to talk to him now...but I donñt have th energy for a fight just now and I´m sure he´ll get defensive and it will turn nasty. oh dear I´m a bit sorry for myself right now.

Natsby this is a great thread , I'm sorry you need it but I'm glad its here if that makes sense. Just wanting to send a very gentle but warm:hugs:
Narthstar that's miserable , time really can drag when you miss the window. Wishing you huge luck soon :flower:

Oh Northstar you poor thing that must be awful! Why does he have back pain? If this is the second month then couldn´t anyone help him in between the two OV days? He had better get some help before next cycle.
Not to be personal but when did you last dtd? if it was in the last 5 days you are still in with a chance.
HUge hugs

Thanks Natsby we did it Wednesday night, in fact we did it tons earlier this week as I was expecting to ov a few days earlier.

I have a job getting him to go to the doctor, it's not a like constant pain situation just that he's been gardening and thrown his back out on both of last 2 months. Next month I'm fully banning gardening until my temps spike.

Natsby I've had my share of antidepressants in my life and when I got to a really low dose last year my GP said she was happy for me to stop them but that taking EPO; fish oil - omega 3 or Flaxseed oil and Vitamin B Complex would help my body control my depression and I have to say that since coming off them at the beginning of July 2010 I have only had 1 day where I felt like I wanted my antidepressants back but I had an early night that day and was great the next day.

Might it be worth trying to ask him if he would consider trying natural supplements for one month? He probably won't need the EPO (my depression has a hormonal aspect) but the other supplements are good for sperm health as well as general health.

Northstar maybe try talking your DH into seeing someone about his back. If we ignore the TTC for one moment surely he doesn't want to be in that much pain? :nope: But I am so sorry this month looks a bust :hugs:

I´m back to rant again, oh dear I´ll get a reputation for it at this rate! It isn´t a big deal it´s just my OH, I am so worried about the meds he takes affecting his sperm count but he doesn´t seem bothered at all. He will give me a hug when I´m down but I feel like apart from the BD he isn´t with me in the process at all. I always get the feeling he wants me to forget about it and just get on with life if I try to talk to him about it. He is so concerned with his own things and nothing else. I guess that is why I´m on here so much right now, I feel very alone and like i´m hiding how much it is worrying me all the time.
Ok maybe I´ll try to talk to him now...but I donñt have th energy for a fight just now and I´m sure he´ll get defensive and it will turn nasty. oh dear I´m a bit sorry for myself right now.

I don't think men see it the same way as us matey, they don't get too involved in the emotional stuff on this TTC journey, my OH this morning said something about knowing the times to DTD being "witchcraft or something" because to him it's just a case of it's going to happen let's not get too wound up about it.

Such a cliche but men really are different, :hugs: that's what you have your online TTC 35+ friends for, talking about this stuff.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Nat and NS....Send both your OH's over here and I will whip them into shape for you! :trouble:

:haha: Indigo the husband whisperer ! Love it.
Oh well , sorry my turn to moan . It's a sort of mixed one actually but I know you girls will get it.
So we've been trying for 8 cycles now ( not as long as some but enough that I'm scared and confused at times ) sorry if a bit personal , but we've always had a great sex life , happy and fun. So of course hubby has known were 'trying' but I'm sure like a lot of people here hasn't realized how much ive been 'trying' . We talked about not wanting our sex life to become timetabled etc etc , but of course I know exactly ( well not always exactly ) but as close as I can the 'right' time. This morning I had a total melt down because ( warning poss tmi) we were dancing away and he pulled out at exactly the wrong moment :wacko:
Of course I was super upset , Im day ten , got my first pos opk yesterday afternoon ( but now no ewcm ) have been drinking green tea which I hate , even took a little cough syrup etc then he did that.
So I'll get to the good bit. In some ways although bad timing it made me spill about everything ,
how I wasn't saying much in order to keep things as natural and spontaneous as poss etc etc . He
was surprised at how much I'd been worrying and keeping from him. We had such a great hour of
thrashing it out and came up with a plan that he would look at my 'maybe baby ' chart on my iPad ,
which is a very not scientific but general guide , so he can check when were on a green light day etc.

We totally agreed the green days would be bonus days but even if it was red and were up for it then so beit . It's such a hard balance , keeping things the way they always were but catching 'those' days . Equally we agreed even if it's a green day and were sick or tired or simply not in the mood
that we won't force. Having said that he's always in the mood , and I can make it work even of I'm not sometimes :winkwink:
So I guess , this needed to happen for us , and were closer for it . I really couldn't carry all this on
my own and I'm lucky he's the sort that wants to help
Funny these men though . There I am popping new supplements , denying myself our treat coffee ( our new machine is a major treat living somewhere where there are no nice cafes ) swigging grapefruit juice and green tea which Im not that keen on truth be told. Taking my temp and spitting on a scope every morning , and he still didn't cotton on to all that I was doing :dohh:
Even when he's been for a sa test. They can be so un observant . I teased him saying at least I know I could get away with an affair or a crazy shopping habit or something !
I agree though , I don't think even the best hubbies invest the same amount of emotions and heartache. Not all of course , some are amazing and hurt too. Maybe they deal it with it in different ways ? Mine gets so cought up in the rest of our life sometimes.
My freak out did show me how much this was meaning to me too . How scared of missing that crucial moment , and how long each month feels . But at least we both have a clearer understanding. How could he 'get it' if I wasn't telling him.:dohh:

Well , that's my moan , freak out , crazy moment. Thanks so so much for this thread , it means so much to have a place to go. :hugs: I'm a fish out of water not only where we live but I don't kow anyone else who's had ttc issues so those is a great find . Take care all of you :flower:

It is so nice that you had a heart to heart with him...I do think the good ones do try their best for the most part, most of the time, but I think they all need a 'talking to' once in a while...Mine actually likes the calendar...It helps him 'manage' himself a bit...and he likes that it takes the guesswork out of when he'll 'get lucky'...

Plus, men, like third graders, seem to need visual aids.

:haha::haha: sooo true thanks for reply. I think it just will give him a reference without us both having to be super obvious even though it is in a way. Oh the games hey . He promised me though no matter what the aim , well still enjoy things the way we always have.
Must admit he proves he's just the best over and over. He puts up with all my craziness and loves me all the same :happydance:
Whatever happens I'm one lucky gal :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"