I thought I had ovulated.. Not sure now... Oh no!!

glong88

Mummy to 2 boys and a princess
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I came off the pill on the 30th December had bleed on 3rd Jan and I thought I ovulated last week, so went made dtd however I've had tummy pains the last few days so have been doing ovulation tests, clearly was a no yesterday afternoon but just done this a few minutes ago.... We dtd Saturday night, how long a window do I have left? As we didn't last night in worried I have missed my eggy! :-( this line came up within seconds!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 14
Hello! That is a clearly positive OPK! It is important to note that OPKs NO NOT confirm or measure ovulation. They detect lh surges which happen right before you ovulate. You can have one or multiple lh surges and not even ovulate in a cycle. If you are going to ovulate it will usually happen within 12-36 hours after your turn an OPK positive. The sperm from Saturday night could still be alive and hanging out, but you should probably have sex today and tomorrow to be on the safe side (make sure you wait 24 hrs between sessions).

FYI, when I came off the pill last May I was turning OPKs positive left and right. I thought for sure I was ovulating but found out I was not. It can take your body a while to regulate itself after coming off BCP. Of course, some women start ovulating right away and get KU right after coming off BCP. Hopefully you will be one of those lucky ladies! Good luck!

I will make sure we bed tonight, and hopefully tomorrow to, but if not least I will of got today's in!! Fingers crossed!

Done a couple more tests, must be late ovulation.... Did a pregnancy test to be sure as some people saying you can get a positive on an ovulation because your pregnant. That said bfn, so do I count today as ovulation day one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
Hmmm, not sure I understand the question. Do you mean "fertile day one" instead of "ovulation day one"? If you meant fertile day one, then absolutely count it. When you ovulate I believe the egg is usually viable for about 12 hours, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Hmmm, not sure I understand the question. Do you mean "fertile day one" instead of "ovulation day one"? If you meant fertile day one, then absolutely count it. When you ovulate I believe the egg is usually viable for about 12 hours, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yes sorry. As its a late ovulation i am worried I have missed my window. We dtd on Saturday night, but not Sunday. Got the positives today so how many days following today will I've fertile for? Will Saturday nights session be any good?

You could ovulate the same day as your positive OPK, but it is more common to ovulate the day after you get a positive-- or even two days after the positive. Also, you may not even ovulate at all after your positive OPK, which the experience described in your OP is an example of. As 2ducks said, once you do ovulate there is only about 12 hours in which the egg is able to be fertilized before it dies. You want to give the sperm time to find their way, so the day of your positive OPK is a great time to DTD... And for a couple days after that couldn't hurt, especially if you are still showing other fertile signs.

Thank you. We didn't manage to dtd last night other half unwell :(

Still getting positives on my ovulation tests today .... Does this mean I haven't ovulated yet

Not necessarily. The first positive OPK is usually what you go by. It's the initial surge of the LH hormone that triggers the ovulation process. You may not have ovulated yet anyway, but that wouldn't be because you still have a positive OPK. I would DTD if you can just to cover your bases, but there is really no way to tell exactly when you may have ovulated without temping. I don't temp myself, and the guessing game drives me batty at times. o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->