I thought she was all better :(

Ellie130891

Barry(OH)and Ruby(LO) :)
Reaction score
On Saturday night my 11 month old had her first temperature.
It peacked at 37.9 the next day
She was floppy, unsettled and went off her food.

By Monday she was fine and hadnt had a temp in over 12 hrs. (we had done the every 2 hrs calpol alternating with ibroprphen thing)

Today (wednesday) evening time she got a temp of 37.7 and is all sleepy and unsettled again with a cough.

I didnt think itd come back :( is this normal ? :(

xxxx

p.s

she has a rash on her....has had for months "eczema" theyve said but the cream and bath stuff weve got doesnt touch it
its much worse atm and there are puss-filled bite-like spots on her leg arms and stomach. theyre like blisters or pimples

could it be measles? its going round atm i know that but now 2 drs have said its just eczema but the spots really arent i dont think

:(

hey hun, sorry don't have any advice but hope she feels better soon - if you're really worried about her rash I'd either call the out of hours GP or go to A&E! Better to be safe than sorry.

yeah weve been to the gp twice and the out of hrs once. maybe im just paranoid but it doesnt seem like eczema!

I didn't think anything under 39c is much to worry about unless It lasts more than 24hrs. Not sure about the rash though, I would definitely get that checked out. Hope she's gets better soon.

I think you should take her to be seen today. That's not eczema, those pus-filled bumps. Good luck, hun. x

well all I can say about Eczema is I've had it since I was born (and I ahd it really bad as a baby/toddler) and it's never ever been puss filled spots... but I'm not sure if there's more extreme versions?

ty hun yeah the dr said it was high and to keep an eye so back to the dr tmrw as shes got it again he said over 39 go straight to a&e

ty guys yeah her skin used to be dry which they said was the eczma and a slight rash but the cream and bath stuff has gotten rid of the dryness but then theres these puss filled spots like when you get bitten by an insect altho shes not been on grass etc and the rest of us are fine :S

Hope shes Ok :hugs: Horrible to see your LOs poorly :hugs:

it really is and shes never been ill at all before! 11 months isnt bad i guess for not being ill im lucky but it was horrible the other night high temp and every time she dosed off she had a huge drop reflex and woke up. not had one since she was first born :(

Could it be infected eczema? I don't know but just a suggestion. Hope she feels much better soon x

ty.
no idea i dont know a lot about eczema really they just gave us cream and bath stuff and said that the cows milk she had had to drink a few days previously had angered it and told it was an intolerence to cows milk but shes been off the milk for a good few weeks now

yeah apparently dairy can trigger ezcema... I was told when I was little to avoid red, yellow and orange foods! Didn't listen though lol

Have you phoned up the NHS direct and described the rash to them?

temp is 38.7 this morning and shes not wanting to eat just wanting mummy milk :( hate seeing her like this

I would go back to the doctors :hugs: Get well soon LO

shes off to the drs at 11am. shes so moany wont stop crying unless im holding her and im exhausted shes so heavy. shes gone back to feeing on demand and my breast are now used to 2 feeds a day so goodness knows how theyll cope!

apparently its just eczema angered by the temp, same virus as last week thats back. possibly mite bites on her skin god knows where from were such clean freaks here! so got anti biotics too. shes eaten 2 blueberries and thats it all day! :(

Aw what a hard time she's having. You must be frustrated. I hope she gets better very soon. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"