I thought she was all better :(

No advice, as my LO hasn't been poorly yet *touch wood* just wanted to offer :hugs:

Hope your LO feels better soon :flower:

ty guys. she keeps getting up and crawling and cruising and looking happy then will just collapse in my arms and sleep and not eating anything except blueberries and mummy milk! huge argument with OH as i have threadworms off his other daughter again twice in a month and ruby had them once too. he said hed email her mother asking her to take them to the drs and to do a big tidy up of their cave of a house and he never did so i got angry....i didnt think it was a bad thing to get angry at when its affecting an 11 month old and its worms. but there u go hes gone to work 3pm an hour early till whatever time tomorrow morning leaving me holding an ill baby, washing up, making tea, doing everything really :( bad day!

ive now caught the virus
banging headache aching leg and legs and so tired!!! :(

Did u say in your 1st post your giving her calpol/ibuprofen every 2 hours? Calpol your only supposed to give every 4 hours and ibuprofen every 6 hours. Hoping i misread your post but if i didn't that could explain a lot. Hope she feels better soon :hugs:

the nurse pracitioner said calpol every 4 and ibuprofen every 4 so alternate them so calpol at 2, I at 4, calpol at 6, I at 8 etc so she was on something every 2 but now weve cut down to just ibuprofen every 4 hrs xx

the nurse pracitioner said calpol every 4 and ibuprofen every 4 so alternate them so calpol at 2, I at 4, calpol at 6, I at 8 etc so she was on something every 2 but now weve cut down to just ibuprofen every 4 hrs xx

Iboprofen should only be given every 6 hours. Please go to a pharmacy and check with a pharmacist as giving it every 4 hours, could be an overdose.

Please check.

That is WAY too much medicine. I think there was a misunderstanding between you and the nurse practicioner. I would take her to be seen right away to make sure she's ok and make a complaint against the nurse if your sure that is what she said. I imagine she said 'alternate between the 2' and you thought it was every 2 hours. But its calpol every 4 hours and Ibuprofen every 6 hours/.

no he definitely said some form of meds every 2 hrs. my OH said hes done it with his other kids. we stopped the calpol now as weve run out and il check with the gp but the gp said ibuprofen every 4 hrs was fine at 2.5ml a time

she seems ok when the temp goes up il give her something for it shes off her food and the eczema she had looks angry. the dr also prescribed antibiotics incase of an infection. i feel terrible though high temp shaky hot but cold dry throat nausea aching limbs :(

Sounds quite flu like :( Try to rest if you can!! (and drink water if you can!) There's a lot of bugs going around at the moment :(

no he definitely said some form of meds every 2 hrs. my OH said hes done it with his other kids. we stopped the calpol now as weve run out and il check with the gp but the gp said ibuprofen every 4 hrs was fine at 2.5ml a time

I was told to give it at 2 hourly intervals too,when he had a high temperature.But if you have to give medicine for more than 3 days its best to go back to the doctor for more advice.

we were too as her temp was 38.7 when we went to the drs so he said something every 2 hrs
shes not had a temp all night was so humid and hot last night she was in just a vest with a thin blanket over

yeah were going back monday if shes no better x

yeah shes is still soooo moany tho and crying lots its so frustrating and im still ill not as bad as yday no temp today but feel very weak its so hot today!

we were too as her temp was 38.7 when we went to the drs so he said something every 2 hrs
shes not had a temp all night was so humid and hot last night she was in just a vest with a thin blanket over

All i can say is this is bad advice and could seriously harm your child. If you look on the bottle it says calpol can be given every 4-6 hours and ibuprofen every 6-8 hours so by giving it every 2 hours you are giving her double, if not triple the reccommended amount and mixing medicines which shouldnt be taken together. Please complain to someone if you were given this advice.

it was a nurse practitioner who said and my OH said hes done it with all his kids the advice hes always been given is if the temp is very high to alternate for a day. shes not had a temp since last night so had a day without anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->