• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I thought the hard bit came after birth!!!

zkt09

Pregnant - 3rd trimester
Reaction score
So, every one always tells you that parenting decisions are hard, but what they dont say is sometimes you have to make them before the baby is even out!!!

My consultant has advised me that (due to varies medical conditions) I am very likely to need an emergency c section. Seeing as this is my first bubs he isnt 100% that I will, but he isnt 100% convinced I wont.

My dilemma is, do I go for a vaginal birth and hope my body holds up or is it safer to elect for a c section?

Grrrr I wish someone would decide for me!

Tough choice hun. You really need to think about the pros and cons, if its likely you will need a c-section then do you want to put your body through the pressure and stress of labour only to need an operation too??, Or do you take the chance, as natural labour obviously has a much quicker recovery rate than a c-section :wacko:, so much to think about. Good luck with your decision :hugs:. xx

i would go for a c section if I was in your shoes.....

Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to the experience of labour (going for no pain relief at all in a birthing centre) but if I had an easy way out of it I would take it!

and you do have a good reason for it... a planned c section is bound to be less risky & stressful (for you AND BABY) than an emergency one right?

...also agree with what mumof5 said - if there's a chance you will need one anyway - then labour AND an operation is a hell of a lot to put ur body through!

a friend of mine gave birth last year and had to have an emergency c-section after hours of labour - she told me had she known she would have just gone straight for the c-section... at least then it's planned and you can prepare for it. Good luck with your decision *hugs*

i would go for a c section if I was in your shoes.....

Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to the experience of labour (going for no pain relief at all in a birthing centre) but if I had an easy way out of it I would take it!
and you do have a good reason for it... a planned c section is bound to be less risky & stressful (for you AND BABY) than an emergency one right?

are u saying a section is a easy way out or am i reading u wrong?

id say like the others u need to weigh all pros and cons and talk to ur doc in depth about what he thinks u shud do for the best for u and baby.

if theres a chance ule need a emergency section anyway id rather go for a planned section.

aswel this is ur first so u cud go overdue and need inducing and after all that then get a section it will take it out of u even more n make the whole experience very trumatic.

hope u make the right choice for u x

Well the risks of having a vaginal birth are higher for my bubs as my body may not physically cope with the labour and she may get stuck and/or distressed.

I dont really want to spend hours in agony only to have a c section!

The risks for a c section are more towards myself and the recovery time.

Tbh, Im not so bothered about how my body would copy any more, the fear of making the wrong decison and harming my daughter is what Im stuggling with.

As this is my first, theres no way to tell how my body will react to either, if only I had a crystal ball!!!

and u never no u cud have a section n u cud heal really well.

my mate had a emergency section n worked herself too much n got a infection so long as u looked after urself ect ud be fine but the same can be said for a vaginal birth and recovering after that with stitches n all.

its a hard choice to make but id sy if a section wud be safer for bubs then thats what id do scary as it is but lifes scary anyway and giving birth or having a section wud be worth it anyway once that baby was with u x

I agree that a c section is better for bubs, just needed a bit of reassuring!

Now i have to decide on the type of anasthetic!!

im such a wimp n i said while preg that id get knocked out if i needed a section n yet i gave birth naturaly with only a bit of gas and air lol

im not sure on ur options but im possitive ule find the info u need on here or somewhere on the web if not from ur doctor.

n if u talk to ur doc im sure he will help u make the right choice of what is best for u

Are you sure there isnt an option where i can just magically deflate?

Are you sure there isnt an option where i can just magically deflate?

....Or as my 5 year old thinks - the doctor has a special key to open your belly button to get baby out :haha:, if only............

hiya hun, i am in the same situation but for totaly different reasons, i have had 2 emergancy sections one after 6 days of labour and baby got distressed and the other for failure to progress, this time round i am really keen to have a vaginal birth as i know it will be my last chance but i do not want to harm lol in doing so, i had a chat with my MW and consultant who both gave me the go ahead for vbac-2 but there is a very strong possibility i will need a section due to failure to progress again, i love been in labour so totaly want to try vbac and i also recover well and fast from a c-section
it took me months to decide what i was going to do but you will be fine what ever you try hun, all i can say is chat to your consultant and put your wishes/fears/concerns to him/her and then take it from there
good luck xxxxx

i wish it was that simple lol just blink n babies there and after u feel fine and have ur old body back lol

but u will heal after what ever option u go for x

So after all my streesing, my consultant decided I have to wait until 38 weeks appointment to discuss whether i can elect for a c section!!!!

So much for having time to plan ahead!

thats the normal stage that they will talk about sections ect so im not too suprised.

all u can do now is sit back and relax while u can and dont worry too much about havin a section or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"