I took a loan to finance my baby's childcare costs - I really hope I did the right thing...

Discussion in 'Work & Finance' started by Lauranicol, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Lauranicol

Lauranicol New Member

Hi all !
    I decided to take a loan to cover some of my 2-year-old toddler's childcare fees. I find gov help useful but limited (I am using all available options) when it comes to covering the childcare costs that a full-time working parent should pay monthly. Makes sense to me because I can protect my savings, continue working, and pay off the loan over time. Btw I find the terms of the loan quite good for the relatively small amount I received.
    Has any of you borrowed (like friend’s money, credit card, anything else) to cover the extra costs due to childcare???
    Knowing I am not the only one out there, would boost my confidence...
    Thanks

2. Sofia 7

Sofia 7 New Member

Hi Laura,
    It looks like people are shy to talk about borrowing.
    I am in a similar situation and ended up taking a loan for 8k to cover the childcare fees until I break-even.
    I think that this is a big issue and I am surprised that we are the only ones... or at least it is a big issue for me!