I used a pessary applicator now I'm worried :(

rainbowdust12

Reaction score
I'm 6 weeks today and I have thrush so my doctor prescribed me a pessary with applicator. So I've just used it as normal. I put it really far in without even thinking. I've just read on the nhs site that you should use your finger and not the applicator during pregnancy. I am really worried now as I put that thing really far up there. Now I feel a little crampy. I'm so mad at my doctor for not telling me to use my finger!!! If anything happens I will sue him! Please someone reassure me.

Sorry Hun didn't want to read and run but I don't really have an answer I reckon everything will be okay tho wouldn't worry too much as when we DTD that doesn't effect us or our little bean xx

Using the applicator should be just fine. I've not heard of anyone ever having problems because of it. It should have come with instructions anyway so suing someone who was only trying to help you probably isn't the best idea. Using the applicator is fine but using your finger just ensures that it goes in gently and doesn't damage your cervix. Some doctors even recommend the applicator during pregnancy so it just depends. He probably just assumed you knew not to jam something into your cervix...which I'm sure you didn't. Take it easy and just be a little more gentle next time.

I've been on crinone (progesterone) for almost 10 weeks using a pessary daily so I think you'll be fine. Just don't go bashing on your cervix with it!

Hey no idea! If it was really necessary to use the finger, your doctor would have told you. A lot of people tip toe on eggshells the first trimester, so take advice with a grain of salt. Nobody wants to feel like they contributed to a sad event that really is beyond anybody's control most of the time. Honestly, if you can have sex with a penis that is much larger and longer than an applicator I think you're fine. Cramping is totally normal! I cramped after my ultrasound. Most women cramp after sex. You're super sensitive down there. You might even spot a little. You only need to worry if there is enough bright red blood to fill a pad.

Thanks guys. My mind is abit more at ease now. I woke up and the stuff that came out was all white, no blood at all :) Sorry tmi :dohh: xx

I'm sure it's fine...my dr prescribed something with an applicator. I haven't used it as I just don't like using applicators but I wouldn't have been given it if it were a problem!

I'm sure it'll be fine. I used progesterone support (Crinone) for the first 13 weeks of my pregnancy- that was in applicator form, so try not to worry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->