I want a baby shower!

april24april

Pregnant!
Reaction score
I know it's an American thing really, but I really want a baby shower. I am going on maternity leave on March 18th and having a meal out with 9 of my friends. I would love this to be turned into a baby shower, but I can't exactly ask for one can I!

x

I have some fab friends throwing me one next month :D

Can you not throw a little one yourself maybe? Invite some people round, do some finger food and have a giggle? x

I think bubba no.1 has a plan. Or have your OH do it. Spread it around to some friends he wants to surprise you, throw a little party, etc.

I just think it's a bit cheeky to organise it myself - i wish one of my friends would offer lol

Bring it up to a close friend. Or to OH. You don't even necessarily need to request it. Explain that people were talking about it on here and you think it's so awesome or whatever and it sucks that it's not something you guys do. Isn't a fool proof way to get yourself one, but maybe someone will be all like "oh hey, we should surprise her with this!"

Have one! :dance: You could ask one of your close friends to have one for you or you could just throw one yourself. If it isn't tradition where you are to have one, people probably don't know you want one.

I personally wouldn't mind one bit if one my my friends had one for her baby and invited me. I'd be very happy to celebrate with her. Would think a thing of her throwing one herself.

cant you just say to yr friends that it would be lovely to have a baby shower and see if one of them takes you up on it xx

I know how you feel. I'm Canadian and we're big on baby showers there. I moved to the UK 2.5 years ago, and don't really have any close friends here. I've been sulking to my husband that I won't get to have a baby shower and it makes me really sad and lonely :cry:

Having a baby shower in North America is like a right of passage. I hope when I go home to visit friends and family after the baby is born they'll throw me a little one.

i live in usa and didnt want one lol we have everything there is for baby we bought

but my SIL is throwing me a baby welcome party they insist on getting me stuff but cant buy me the big stuff cause we have it lol

i have no clue when and where it is lol my hubby was in on it to

maybe they are throwing you one but you don't know it yet :)

It's so common here but I definitely mentioned it first to my BFF and she was like OH IM THROWING THAT PARTY!
I think since you are from where they don't happen as much you might want to talk to a close friend (or 2) about it. Just express that you'd love to have one and they might take the hint! THere are lots of awesome websites that give games and other activites that can happen at a shower and if you say that you were on your pregnancy forum and there was some sites on baby showers an they look so fun, etc...
Good luck- I hope you get a baby shower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->