I want my baby to sleep in bed with us :(

Jelly Bean

Queen and little prince
Reaction score
He's been sleeping with us for two nights now and he's so contented and relaxed that he'll go the whole night through. He obvs sleeps in the center of the bed, with both of us curled up on each side of him facing him. We're both the types that don't shift all night.

All this despite the pediatrician and obstetrician both yelling at us to buy a bassinette (which we did) and never sleep with him.

Are we very bad parents?? :sleep:

No you're not bad parents. If both of you agree you want to co-sleep then do it! Just don't tell people :dohh:

It was the only way 3 of mine would sleep and we did it from day one till they went into their big bed. Medical opinions on this seem to shift frequently. When my dd was born it was "no way" same with ds1 but by ds2 the mw tucked us both up together in my hospital bed, seems that now its swung back to "no way"
If you are both happy with it then go for it, I think.

aww, hun :hugs: if you're both comfy with it then fine! just be ready to kick him out when he gets older, lol!! I co-slept with my parents, as did my sisters. We had a king size bed and it wasn't until I was about 5 that I finally got my own bed :dohh: If the parents are fine with it, I really don't see a problem :hug:

i loved zane sleepin with me now hes grown out of it. imj so happy if he needs to come in bed with me lol

If you want to co sleep and it works for you all then why not? I co slept for the first month ish after swearing blind my entire pregnancy i wouldnt, it was the only way i could get any sleep :rofl:

I still co sleep but be warned its not easy to get them out your bed!

If you are comfortable with it, go for it!

We did it, after saying I wouldn't, and we all got a better nights sleep.

I have 4 kids and have co slept with all of them...our new LO sleeps with us as well..in the middle with my hubby on one side and me on the other...we dont shift all nite either...he sleeps so good...but if i lay him in crib he wakes up not long after longest he has slept in crib was maybe an hour or two...but with us he wakes only at 530 am to eat and thats it.

I Settle Khy In Her Moses Basket, And After Her Feed She Won't Settle In The Basket, So I Pop Her Up In Bed With Me, And She Sleeps Like A Lion Bless Her :cloud9:

I don't cosleep but I frequently fall asleep laying on my back with Elyse sleeping cuddled up on my chest.. and she HATES her crib, it takes me forever to get her down sleeping in it!

I wish I was comfortable cosleeping but I'm so afraid of hurting her.. and my mom yells at me for falling asleep with her, so it makes it more difficult lol!

We still sleep with our baby. We had constant sleepless nights until it became so bad that the baby wouldn't sleep until 6am when we decided we might as well get up. Once we started co-sleeping we never got less than 5 hours sleep and by 3 months he was sleeping through the night without a night feed. Byron sleeps in his Daddy's arms and Dad says he's not ready to let him go yet! Only for the past week has he spent any time in cot - we're now putting him in there for all his daytime sleeps at home.

We try to put LO in his bassinett as much as we can but also find that as soon as he's in there he cries. My mom bought us a small fold out basket/bed thing that we now keep in the middle of our bed so he can sleep with us. I'm too paranoid to just have him on the bed, but I'm totally comfortable to have him in the basket. So if co sleeping works for you, then go for it :)

Read DR.Sears.com You will feel better about co-sleeping. I co-slept with both my children and they EASILY transitioned into their own bed at or before age two. They both sleep through the night...12 hours at least and are very independent children.

Do what you think best/you want etc. Your child.
Amber wouldnt sleep on her back so i started putting her on her front.. what was best for her to sleep, for me to get sleep. Simple. :)

from being afew weeks old zane would only sleep on his side and because he cudnt hold himself like that it was easier for him to sleep with me. now he hates being held when he wants to sleep they grow out of it themselfs.

i miss sharing the bed with my little guy now his dad can get to me hahaha

from being afew weeks old zane would only sleep on his side and because he cudnt hold himself like that it was easier for him to sleep with me. now he hates being held when he wants to sleep they grow out of it themselfs.

i miss sharing the bed with my little guy now his dad can get to me hahaha

:rofl:

i sleep with my daughter have done from day one, i settle her in her cot each night so i can have some evening time then at her first night feed bring her in with me. she latches herself on i bearly wake up everyones happy xx

We co-slept for the first few weeks but I couldn't sleep properly coz i was worried about squashing her. A couple of time i had to stop my OH's arm from going across her and once I woke up to find the duvet over her face. Needless to say she was in her moses basket after that!

I think co sleeping is great when it works for everyone... i'm just too anxious to do it now and Billie settles well in her basket now she's a bit older x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->