I want to go out to eat constantly. oy..

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
We are on a really tight budget but i have completely different tastes than anyone else in my home so if i make something i have to somehow eat all of it or it goes to waste, and then i have to buy stuff for my father in law and husband that i hate and usually make a second meal for them or they look at me like "really? You took an hour making somethinf we dont even like?"

And it's understandable because my father in law is disabled and my husband works 50+ hours a week at work and i totally understand not wanting to come home and cook after that, so the only solution i have besides making 2 meals or just eating stuff i dont like, because they do, is to go out to eat. But we cant affors it and tbh im really depressed about it.

All i wanna do is eat food i like? And who wants to spend a bunch of time making food they dont even like every day? Sigh...

Not sure what to do here. I wish we could comprimise but they refuse to eat veggies at all or anythinf remotely healthy and love dishes with red sauce where im a fan of veggies and white sauces.

You can only compromise on mac n cheese so many times. Lol.

Anyway, sorry for thr long post. Anyone have any solutions? I DID just get a $100 check unexpectedly for restitution from being assaulted a few years ago, but tbh we could use that money... is it selfish if i use it to go out to eat 2 days in a row?

Have you tried being sneaky? By making something like risotto with cauliflower instead of rice? Or adding veggies to your lasagna? My OH was never a fan of veggies until I started making things similar to what he liked (eggplant and zucchini parm) and then I was able to branch out. Also, what about making a side salad or roast some veggies for yourself? Or make their food in bulk and freeze it. You can defrost portions for them for dinner without having to cook extra meals.

Do you have a crockpot? I have found mine to be an absolute godsend for when I don't feel like cooking. Personally, I would make sure 2-3 meals a week are something I like with some consideration towards them. If they don't want to eat it, then they can make themselves a sandwich or a bowl of cereal.

Good luck!

I am in a somewhat similar predicament. We are moving cross country in December, which is costly, but we are also saving for the baby. I have absolutely no desire to cook right now, as everything sounds awful. I get random cravings for some foods, but I don't want to go out and spend the money on it. Meanwhile, I have to cook food for my two 5 year olds that sound absolutely horrid to me. I have been eating a lot of PB&J because that seems to be one of the few things that I can stomach from home right now.
Have you tried looking on pinterest for recipe ideas that might satisfy everyone? Making separate meals does not sound like much fun.

Have you tried being sneaky? By making something like risotto with cauliflower instead of rice? Or adding veggies to your lasagna? My OH was never a fan of veggies until I started making things similar to what he liked (eggplant and zucchini parm) and then I was able to branch out. Also, what about making a side salad or roast some veggies for yourself? Or make their food in bulk and freeze it. You can defrost portions for them for dinner without having to cook extra meals.

Do you have a crockpot? I have found mine to be an absolute godsend for when I don't feel like cooking. Personally, I would make sure 2-3 meals a week are something I like with some consideration towards them. If they don't want to eat it, then they can make themselves a sandwich or a bowl of cereal.

Good luck!

I have tried being sneaky and they pick out all of the good stuff. Lol. I swear sometimes that they're my kids, too. Lol.
And no, i dont have a crock pot and my cooking skills are... mediocre. Haha. But i think i will start trying to just make sides for me. That's a good idea.

I am in a somewhat similar predicament. We are moving cross country in December, which is costly, but we are also saving for the baby. I have absolutely no desire to cook right now, as everything sounds awful. I get random cravings for some foods, but I don't want to go out and spend the money on it. Meanwhile, I have to cook food for my two 5 year olds that sound absolutely horrid to me. I have been eating a lot of PB&J because that seems to be one of the few things that I can stomach from home right now.
Have you tried looking on pinterest for recipe ideas that might satisfy everyone? Making separate meals does not sound like much fun.

Im always looking up recipes but most cost so much to make and are time consuming. I already have a 10 month old and a 6 year old and between cleaning, watchinf them, taking care of my cats and helping out my father in law with various things i get maybe a half hour or so to cook. And because my husbands work schedule is anything but consistent i can never form a scheduled time to make food.
We're so random and hectic. Blah.

Anyway, im sure I'll figure out something. Or we'll jusy keep living off of cheap fast food. Lol.

I really think you should look at using some of the money to get a cheap crockpot (mine was $30) and checking out pinterest for some freezer and crockpot meals. That way it's less work on you and you can pull out foods that will appease both groups. Also, it's super handy when you can't predict when your hubby is going to be home. I am gone at least 12hrs a day for work. I use my crockpot overnight (set timer) and I can come home and not have to worry about anything other than making a salad or side when I get home.
Living off of cheap fast food because the men won't compromise isn't good for any of you after all. Especially being pregnant.

Oh and there are sites and even cookbooks out there that give you ideas on how to be very sneaky with the veggies. Here's one of them https://thrivinghomeblog.com/2012/1...ak-fruits-and-vegetables-into-your-kids-food/

I second the making food in bulk. Maybe on a weekend, when you have a bit more time? Make yourself whatever you like in a big enough portion that you can freeze. You can also make some salads in bulk, no greens because they'll wilt, but you can add them later. I like doing a whole grain (quinoa, brown rice, barley), then add whatever veggies you like, add cheese, meat or tofu, if you want, then put a vinaigrette over it. It'll keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.

For food on the cheap, I know it's an old standby, but it's because it really is cheap - rice and beans. If you have someplace you can get it in bulk, it's even cheaper. Make a big batch and freeze it. Defrost and add a few veggies and you're done.

Wow, you can all come move in with me!
If someone here doesn't like a meal then tough. They can eat it anyway or go hungry.
I'm displeasing someone every day but honestly if it's healthy too bad. Too many people with different tastes to worry about.
I also make sure everyone older has one night a week cooking a healthy dinner. That way I get a break and they're making something they enjoy.

if you can manage make a huge batch of ragu sauce from scratch one day, chopped tinned tomatoes , courgettes/zuchinni, bell peppers, onions, celery, carrots, and blend it to smooth and freeze in portions so that its there and its pack full of goodness but not able to been seen or tasted. I did this with my kids but now i can leave the vege just chopped in and make it on the spot for stuff. make a veggie lasange with just white sauce when you make a normal one for the others. If they like curry then its easy to add sides to that.

Same here! Frappes are the only thing that helps my morning sickness, and I've been addicted to KFC chicken :nope: I have just been rationalizing it by saying "when I'm not pregnant, I go out to eat MAYBE once ever 2-3 weeks. So going 2-3x a week when I am pregnant is okay, I deserve it." :haha: Right now I'm just trying to do anything that makes me feel better. Unfortunately those things seem to be greasy foods or ice cream

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->