I want to slap my OH....

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Deb_baby, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Deb_baby

Deb_baby Megan Mummy & NTNP

:grr: :grr:

he hasn't helped with Megan for days! hasn't fed her,changed her not even spent time with her or made up bottles!

I'm really starting to hate him for it aswell i do all the feeds including night feeds, change her, play with her and soothe her when shes a bit grumpy, but at the moment i've got the flu and Megan kept being sick after feeds yesterday so this morning when she was due a feed i asked OH to feed her and got the reply of..."NO, i'm still tired from yesterday!" say what now?!!

He went to work from 3pm til 1am and went straight to bed when he got in, and he had the cheek to moan at me this afternoon when he was getting ready for work because i hadn't paired up his socks so he had to find a matching pair himself and he went in a big girly mood when i said "i'm not your mother..pair them yourself!"

:grr: want to slap him and let him know 2 of us made Megan not just me! :hissy::cry:

2. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

:hugs: oh sweetie hope he sorts himself out soon and helps :hugs: it must be so frustrating and upsetting that hes not helping, maybe a good heart to heart, tell him how you feel might help :hugs: x x

3. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom Guest

:hugs: know the feeling, my ex did nothing unless on the rare occasions when I had to ask him a few times. Grr!

4. mandy81

mandy81 Well-Known Member

Men sometimes they really do need a slap, :rofl:

Hope you feel better soon hun. :hugs:

5. vicky

vicky Well-Known Member

sit him down and have a chat with him hun, men don't sometimes realise how hard it is to look after a baby and do the house work.

6. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

hunny i hope he sorts himself out soon:hugs:

7. embojet

embojet Molly and Ethan's Mummy

8. Panda_Ally

Panda_Ally Well-Known Member

You have more patience than me hun - i would of slapped my OH already!!! Hopefully he will come round!!
    :hug:

9. emma_27

emma_27 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. My OH doesnt help out with Ellie either. I have to say he does nothing expect smile at her occasionally and thats about it. He did even less with Benn! Id try and have a word with him. Hope you have more luck than i did my OH says he wont do it and thats that bloody useless!

10. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

11. Chel

Chel Well-Known Member

Grrr! Sounds like my OH!

My OH didn't do anything for Jasper until the last month - I think its a bit lke some men dont help out until the baby gets more 'interesting'... now that Jasper giggles and smiles and responds to attention and stuff my OH wants to help out with him, whereas before didn't even want to cuddle him!

You should talk to him, definately, and hopefully he'll understand that you cant be a 'single mother' to both your OH and baby!