I went to the doctor, guess what he told me, guess what he told me...

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
hes said girl you betta try to have fun no matter what you do... but hes a fool....
haha ahh. sorry, thats my sinead o conner coming out.
But the doctor did say that i didnt need a smear til im 25 :o I went for my first and he didnt do one and said i didnt need one? kinda relieved, kinda worried at the same time... i didnt know i had to be 25? weirrrd shizzle.:headspin:

think all docs are different. Here you get a smear either after you have a baby or after you become sexually active. In my case i got one when i was 17 not long after i had adele.

It was the same here, they wait til you are sexually active-

I can't remember the last time i had one, about 2-3 years ago i think??

i was due for one last december but i was PG and really need to get it done again but i keep putting it off :blush:

I don't mind having the cos lets face it there is nothing worse than a male doctor looking at your bits during childbirth!!! I just can't remember if its 2 or 3 yrs to have one. I'm sure they will get in touch with me.

:wacko::wacko:

its supposed to be every 3 years, up here its always the nurse that does it here so its not so bad, i just dont like taking adele or colby with me so its trying to get an appointment when Oh hasnt been nightshift so will make one on monday and hopefully have it done before the thursday :blush:

apparently the nurse lady said that a certain amount of girls from between the age of 16-24 have abnormal cells which would require expensive burning off treatments, but apparently the burning isnt always necesary because the cells rectify themselves naturally, hence the age 25 thing. So they dont have to pay for the cervical burning if there are abnormal cells because they will go back to normal on there own?? hmmmmm

never heard of that one hun, i just assumed everyone got one as soon as they became sexually active or had a baby :blush:

I started having smears when i was 23 i think .. but they kept coming back abnormal so had to go back and have re tests every six months so was going to have to go for a test (cant remember what it is .. they use a camera though :blush: ) and then when one came back normal i am now having them every year .. pain really but rather that then have something wrong and them not pick it up. I got to have my next one on tuesday actually .. not nice but has to be done.

Its 25 here too! for the exact reason you said above mel !

I have to have them every 6mths due to cervical cancer in my family ...

TBH i shit eeverytime i go!!

Find it werid you don't have to have one till 25?! I'd personally ask for one, never heard of that before and it's better being safer than sorry hunni!

xxx

i know of a few places tht is over 25s i had my first one ever a few month ago, i was meant 2 go after i had chloe but fell preg we callum lol!!!

Ive had two and i'm 25, all docs are different. Some are more concerned about smears then others also.

they changed it in 2004 or 2005, now it's when you're 25 and every 3 years after, - it used to be from when you were 20, but too many young women were getting abnormal results because their bodies were naturally changing and even though nothing was wrong, things weren't right on the tests, so to stop the fear and save on NHS resources no doubt, they changed it to 25

Its not the same for everywhere though, i got pestered for mine as soon as i turned 20

here we start getting them once we are sexually active and are required to have one once a year. I have a female dr so it's not so bad!!

I personally think that every woman should have them once a year..... I know it sucks to go, but its better to be safe then sorry.

holy it is an old post lol I didn't even look at the date I just replied!! I have a bad habit of not looking at dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->