I will definitely not miss AF...

kintenda

Reaction score
...when we TTC!
I've always had really heavy periods, and painful, but I can usually function! The last couple of years they have been getting worse and worse... I started a period yesterday after a light one last month (unusual for me) and literally couldn't do anything, the pain had me doubled over and sobbing mid-morning. Plus - a bit TMI - I get the poops easily and whenever my period is on and I thought maybe it was normal (not the kind of thing you talk about with your mates, haha, but docs said that it sounds like IBS so I'm glad that I know what it is!!) Went to the docs as I was desperate, had taken co-codamol and ibuprofen and nothing was helping... I was scared to go before - I don't know why, I guess I just felt stupid! They were really great and gave me a ton of co-codamol and some mefanamic acid, which has really helped but I am still cramping and having really, really heavy bleeding. I am about to head off to placement so hopefully I can just get on with it today, I have a baby clinic with the health visitors that I have really enjoyed the last couple of weeks. Can't wait until we TTC! Docs also recommended a mirena coil but as we're TTC in Nov I said no... they also offered the pill to regulate my cycles but I don't want to do that as it seems silly to just do it for a few months, plus the wedding is in August and I don't want to run the risk of putting the weight back on that I've worked so hard to lose!!
I guess I'd just like some hugs because I felt completely crappy and TBH I am not feeling full of life this morning either!!
Sorry, bit of long and self indulgent post!!

:hugs: i too have extremely heavy periods that seem to last forever but i have the implanon and on the pill too which isnt helping they thought the pill would help and told me to stick to it for a while!! periods are the horrible :(

neways hope nov arrives fast for you, so you can wave bye to miss af!! :D

:hugs:

I too am the same when I actually get a period and my problem was once the blood would start it wouldn't stop. The doc gave me some medication to lighten the period and it helped greatly. I'm sorry you're feeling so sick. Hopefully it will pass in a few days. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->