I will have leave the house at this rate!

stickylizard

Reaction score
So we recently invested in a slow cooker. I found some good looking recipes online, and when I did our big online grocery shop I ordered stuff to make us all lots of meals.

I woke up this morning feeling awful, probably because I did not have anything to eat before bed last night, just soup and toast at around 7pm. Hubby brings me my antiemetic and some toast and I feel better enough to go back to sleep, so he takes the kids downstairs and lets me lie in <3

But half an hour later I wake up to the hideous hideous smell of something cooking in the slow cooker, it is a butter chicken recipe which looked yummy but I didn't forsee this! I am now in the bathroom because it's the smallest room in the house, with the window open and my nose over a cup of lemon and ginger tea to get away from the smell :[

I will either have to stay here all day or leave. The recipe takes 8 hours in the slow cooker and undoubtedly the house will continue to pong for a long while after - hubby will have to start cooking something else in there immediately after the chicken is finished!

Any ideas ladies apart from evicting myself??

:[ I hate this bit of pregnancy!

:[ xxx

What about putting the slow cooker near a window and having a fan blowing the scent out of the window? Might work.

Thank you for your suggestion, in the end I had to leave! Got back recently. And so did the nausea :[ xxx

I have no idea, there was no way I was going near it! And I asked DH to immediately start the sausage casserole once the curry was done so the house would smell like that and not curry, and that's no better! I went out all day and felt okish, came back and felt sick ever since because of the bloody cooking! What do we do. just not cook for the next 5 weeks?? I just had to go outside for some fresh air and within minutes of snail and frog spotting on the driveway I felt better. Now we are back in the bedroom and it's the worst room in the house. The childrens' rooms are fine! It's like a cruel joke. Considering sleeping on the floor in the boys' room :[ I just want to feel better dammit! xxx

:rofl: I know exactly what you mean!! Hopefully the smell aversion goes fast!!!

Wow mummy3 our babies are almost the exact same age, and you are only a day ahead of me! How crazy! :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->