I wish i never

michelle1985

Reaction score
i am nearly 8 weeks and amd have had a obsession with keep taking pregnancy tests i hadn't done one since sat afternoon and the test line was alot darker than the control line. i just done one this morning and the test line was very faint on 2 tests :cry: i have seen my babys heartbeat at 6 weeks i have another scan on thursday i am so worried can anyone help, or what should i do?

I thought pregnancy tests start doing the opposite the further along you get, as in get lighter...

Dont panic! My cousin once took a test at 30 weeks and the line was hardly there! Babs is now a healthy 4 month old!!!!!

xxxxxxxxx

Yes - I thought they say after 6 weeks the results are different and it's not advisable to keep testing.

That would freak me out too. I'm not sure what could be happening, but I agree levels do start to drop, but Im not really sure when, but I know sometime in 1st trimester.
Maybe you can talk your OB into doing an ultrasound! He better cuz thats a lot of worrying until your next one.
Good Luck hun and let us know what happens!!!

I've just posted this in another thread hehe. Stop testing! You know you're pregnant, so don't drive yourself mad, it's not necessary.
Not all tests are precisely the same, so this causes unnecessary worry. For your sanity's sake, stop testing.

HCG drops and placenta takes over by 10 weeks so preg tests don't work after that

Hi, If you google 'hook effect' you will see what is happening. Effectively the hcg gets too high for the test to cope with I think - if you dilute your urine with water and test again the line will be darker again. Dxxx

Yes HCG gets the test crazy the further on you are. Even clearblue digi say on the instructions testing after 5 weeks gives false results, so stop testing honey xxx

Yes HCG gets the test crazy the further on you are. Even clearblue digi say on the instructions testing after 5 weeks gives false results, so stop testing honey xxx

only saw now that you were pregnant dt1234565 :flower: congratulations :happydance:

and in relation to the pregnancy tests, i am only fairly early, but i cant stop myself testing again and again and again. i am sure you are FINE. Enjoy your pregnancy, and may you have a h&h 9 months :hugs:

https://www.ehow.com/how_5046488_understand-levels-during-first-trimester.html

"hCG levels WILL plateau and drop between weeks 8 to 12 and this is normal."

Stop testing :winkwink: You'll drive yourself insane hun :) Enjoy being pregnant :hugs:

xxx

thanks for all your comments i feel a bit better now, well sort of lol iv been checking at work all day that im not bleeding. Ill update as soon as i have my scan on Thursday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->