IB at 5 dpo?

TryingInCO

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I just went to the restroom earlier and noticed brown/light pink discharge in my undies but I'm only 5 dpo...do you think it's too early for implantation bleeding? And the fact that it was more brown than pink, makes me think it's old blood implying I implanted maybe yesterday. Anyway I had implantation bleeding with my son but that was at 8dpo and then I had some again last cycle at 9dpo and got a bfp a couple of days later but it was a chemical. So I guess I'm saying IB is "normal" for me. Thoughts? Anyone get a bfp after such early IB?

It seems early for an IB, unless perhaps you ovulated earlier! Implantation occurs 6-12dpo, with 7-10dpo being the most common.

I should add that I also have heart burn and only get it when I'm preggo. But with my 2 babies I didn't get it until 2nd or 3rd trimester but last cycle when I had a chemical I got heart burn in the TWW before my bfp. I think I'm going crazy.

I'm the same way, I never get heartburn unless I'm pregnant. But I got some a couple of cycles ago, when all my TWW symptoms mirrored my usual pregnancy signs. Talk about a disappointment!

You really wouldn't implant at 4dpo. But if you ovulated sooner, then it is of course possible. I'd personally chalk it up to a breakthrough bleed but keep track of my signs. :) Good luck!

It seems early for an IB, unless perhaps you ovulated earlier! Implantation occurs 6-12dpo, with 7-10dpo being the most common.

Yeah that's what I've heard so I'm wondering what the heck is going on. I wonder if the chemical messed up my cycle. I used Clear Blue Advanced Digital for ovulation this cycle and used wondfo to back it up and I got a positive on wondfo night before I got a solid smiley (peak) on the CB in the morning, so I wonder if I'm actually 6 dpo? FF uses the peak of my CB and 2 days after that as 1 dpo so right now it's even saying I'm 4 dpo though I'm 99.9% sure I'm at least 5 dpo.

I'm the same way, I never get heartburn unless I'm pregnant. But I got some a couple of cycles ago, when all my TWW symptoms mirrored my usual pregnancy signs. Talk about a disappointment!

You really wouldn't implant at 4dpo. But if you ovulated sooner, then it is of course possible. I'd personally chalk it up to a breakthrough bleed but keep track of my signs. :) Good luck!

Oh yeah that is disappointing! And right now I'm cautiously optimistic considering I had these same symptoms last cycle yet it was a chemical.

Chemicals sure can mess up your cycle! Do you have solid crosshairs or dotted ones in FF?

Sorry, what do you mean by crosshairs and dotted lines? I do have some yellow dots on the calendar view where I've made notes...is that what you're referring to?

Oh, are you not tracking your BBT?

No...I tracked for almost a year prior to conceiving my son 3 years ago and took 1 cycle off of tracking temp but used CB monitor for first time and I actually conceived. I'm now on my 3rd cycle trying to conceive baby #3 and wasn't going to start charting until I'm perhaps 6 cycles in because I found it very stressful.

I like to combine the methods. The opk gives you warning that ovulation is coming, but BBT is the only way to confirm that it happened. It's possible to get positive opks and then not ovulate, or to ovulate a little outside of the typical 12-24 hour window (as early as 6 hours after a positive, or as late as 36 hours after).

Did you confirm that your hgc was back to 0 after your CP? Sometimes, it can linger in your system, and that can also throw off your opk readings.

Now I'm wishing I had charted so I could pinpoint exactly when it happened - ugh!

I never had my blood drawn, but I took a pregnancy test every day until I saw it fully fade by day 3 of my period and then I took another 2 tests around ovulation just to be sure I was getting a true positive OPK and they were both negative so I'm thinking my HCG went back to 0.

That's good, at least!

It seems to me that you're pretty much stuck playing this cycle by ear. FX that FF is wrong about your dpo, and that it's an IB! :D

Use the Flo App. It will make life so much easier. It will calculate everything for you and is spot on so long as you do your best to log every day ( super easy, tales me about 10 seconds unless I type notes). Calculates period, ovulation, and all that.

@JL, are you saying that app is best if I was charting temp? Or best app in general for tracking cycle?

@JL, are you saying that app is best if I was charting temp? Or best app in general for tracking cycle?

It is a pretty amazing app, and it is free. There are several categories.

Under Lifestyles you track sleep, weight, nutrition, steps (auto tracks that) distance (typically auto as well, but you can put in manually I believe), any sports you are in, and how much water you drink.

The next category you input about sex that day. No sex, unprotected sex, protected sex, high sex drive, masturbation.

There is a category for logging mood. Normal, happy, frisky, mood swings, angry, sad, panicky.

A category for logging symptoms. This one is super important. If you don't log anything else, log this every day, pregnant or not, on your period or not. This is largely how it predicts everything. Options are Everything is fine, cramps, tender breasts, headache, acne, backache, nauseas, fatigue, bloating.

This next one is also super important to be sure to log. It is important to note that you can log multiple things in each category. It is for discharge. None, spotty, sicky, creamy, watery, egg white, or unusual.

There is a place to log other things like travel, disease, or injury. At the bottom there is a section left blank for noting anything you want.

When you download the app, you tell it how long your cycle usually is, and how many days your period usually runs. From there it will predict your ovulation, periods, etc. Now, every single time you log, when you are done, you hit the bar that says analyze symptoms. When you do that, it saves what you input and it may recalculate based on everything. Super easy.

If you mark egg white discharge soon after your period it is going to realize you are ovulating and tell you that. :) it has articles that pop up for you to read based on what you log. Very helpful! No ads or anything.

When you get it set up, if you can remember when your previous periods were, input those when you get a chance. It greatly improves the accuracy. It is super accurate to begin with. But as of now, I have had it for over a year and mine is never wrong!!!

When you are on your period, be sure to log how heavy or light you are flowing. I always wrote in notes if I wiped pink and thought it may be implantation. My doctor was amazed when I went in the other day. She asked if I might remember this or that. I pulled out my phone and said anything you want to know is right here!!

When you get pregnant, you hit pregnancy mode. The app turns into a pregnancy app!! Unless you find out otherwise, it automatically sets your due date based off your last period and tells you how many days left until the baby is born. You still can log everything every day like before.

Oh, and you can set it up to be able to log pregnancy tests, the outcome, and if you are on birth control, prenatal, or other meds. It will remind you to take them. :)

I love it. It is what helped us get pregnant. It shows your fertile window. If you set it a certain way it numbers all your cycle days so there is no guess work. All I did was say hey baby, Flo says fertile window is here to here. We made love each of those days, logged it, and I logged all my symptoms.

I realize I'm raving like a paid spokesperson, lol. It's just the coolest thing. And it's free. And super easy. So, yeah, it's my favorite app ever. I don't know how to upload photos. If someone tells me, I will be glad to show you. :)

Oh, the temperature was the original question lol. I put mine in the notes section. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->