IBS and Pregnancy

bellaxgee

Alexa's mommy & TTC #2
Reaction score
I have had IBS since I was about 15 years old. Back then, it was controllable. Once I got to college it was completely out of control. I was afraid to leave my house in fear that I would have an accident, and sometimes I still am. Over the years I have learned to control my symptoms with the help of imodium, but now that I have a little one growing in me the IBS seems to be getting worse again.

My doctor said that it was OK to take imodium to control the diarreah, as it is better I don't get dehydrated, but I am so scared it will harm my baby.

does anyone else suffer from IBS?

Hi there!

I also suffer from IBS but my symptoms are a little different. I can only eat certain foods because most foods give me very bad stomach pains, gas, severe bloating and sometimes diharreah but mostly very bad constipation. I am now 12 weeks and my IBS has gotten worse. I have been taking Maalox and Immodium. The Maalox extra strength helps alot and its on my list of approved meds but you may want to ask your Dr. My doc said my IBS is worse due to the extra progesterone the baby creates but she also said it should get better during the the 2nd trimester but until then i take my Maalox everywhere!

Yes I do and it has got worse this pregnancy. it's so bad when you can't leave the house for fear that it will come on while your out. I don't take anything for it while i am pregnant though as i'd rather not risk it.

i have to wake up an extra half hour early to ensure i have time to turn around and go back home if i have to as my anxiety gets the best of me. i know it is in my head at times like that, but other times i truly cant control it. i am hoping as i move along in pregnancy that constipation will take over. hoping, and praying!

i hope you all start feeling better as well. IBS is horrible, and no one understands the pain and embarassment unless you have been through it.

Here is a link to an IBS thread from the other day:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/628184-ibs-pregnancy.html

thank u aimee, i didnt even see that thread!

No worries, I know there are quite a few of us here with dreaded IBS xx

hi hun i have ibs and it disappeared in my last pregnancy maybe cause i was calm with the baby so the doc said

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->