IBS/IBD whilst pregnant.

Xstwx

Mum to DS & Expecting DD
Reaction score
Has anyone else been pregnant with IBS or a type of IBD and if so how did you deal with it and how did you manage whilst been pregnant.
I never had these issues when pregnant with DS but now I do and I can feel it playing up slightly and wondered how you ladies managed.
Thank you

Oh man, this is a killer. I have IBD and had it mostly under control with diet but since getting pregnant, it's all over the place.

Sorry I can't help but just wanted to empathize. Maybe someone can give some advice.

I have ibs, it defiantly plays up more in pregnancy, trying to find out what flares it up has been difficult. I don't think there is a lot we can do for it while pregnant other then paracetamol and trying to cut out the things the do flare it up.

My has actually improved a bit as I'm not as constipated but i am getting diarrhea (sorry tmi). I do have lots of ms though.

Thank you ladies! Even though there is no definite answer it's just nice to actually see I'm not alone. I'm just going to have to work out what fares mine up because right now it is all over the place.....and it hurts haha

I was worried about this too, but so far my IBS has improved a lot. Hoping it stays that way!

Oh well, happy for the ladies it has improved for :) Mine is heaps worse. I read it's because more nutrients are being taken from your food for the baby so digestion slows down.

I thought my prenatal vits weren't helping so stopped them today (just taking folic acid on its own) for a few days to see if that helps.

Let me know if that helps you any. Might be something I try. I'm happy it has calmed down for some......I wish it would start calming down for us littlelily!Maybe soon it will because this is rough lol

Well, after 2 days of only folic acid instead of the all singing pregnacare vits, I feel a little better but think it's just another thing we need to put up with. Just drinking a ton of mint or ginger tea which helps a little.

I have suffered with severe ibs since I was about 19 by the time I fell pregnant with my first I had it almost fully under control and then I fell pregnant and very strange it was like I was cured apart from the very very rare flare which was like twice the whole 9 months. My second pregnancy it came back but not bad and this time it has been awful!!!!! I forgot how crippling it can be :( i dont take any prenatals as I suffer from hg and they make it 10x worse so I just have folic acid and I still have attacks but its changed usually I have the runs really bad when it flares but this time I have all the pain sweats and what not but cant poop it is awful I would much rather the runs as at the end there is somewhat a relief but no relief this time :( lol I am sorry all of that was waayyyy tmi but you are so not alone and it is awful. I was always scared it would send me into preterm labor with all the spasms I would get with an attack but all it ever did was give me really bad braxton hicks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->