Icandy apple? Reviews..

CLH_X3

Love my two babies!
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting an Icandy Apple...

Was just wondering if anyone had one and could give my a real review...

I want to know all the pros/cons! ... :flower:

Hi there
Good : looks
Comfy
Very easy to turn

Bad : I've had 3 puncture in 6 months
It's big - I've only got a polo and it fits the whole boot (with the wheels off)
Some people think it's heavy to push - I don't
If you hit something like an uneven paving stone it sometimes does not go over it and jars the pram
I've seen cheaper prams with better hoods - for sun and rain

Saying all that I really like my pram and when I'm out with others mums I think mine is the best ha ha

Best of luck x

Hi there
Good : looks
Comfy
Very easy to turn

Bad : I've had 3 puncture in 6 months
It's big - I've only got a polo and it fits the whole boot (with the wheels off)
Some people think it's heavy to push - I don't
If you hit something like an uneven paving stone it sometimes does not go over it and jars the pram
I've seen cheaper prams with better hoods - for sun and rain

Saying all that I really like my pram and when I'm out with others mums I think mine is the best ha ha
Best of luck x

:haha:

Thanks 4 your honest review :thumbup:

Had it, loved it, agree with all points made above.

If I did it again, would look at the iCandy Cherry: still great, but more lightweight.

Have fun choosing.

No complaints from me. I love it. Yes its quite heavy and needs a medium sized car boot to fit into, but you need something substantial for newborns. Don't mean to offend, but I don't like seeing very tiny babies in prams which are forward facing and really meant for bigger babies/toddles.

Iv got the icandy cherry which is soo light.But now i need a double buggy and i want an icandy peach but thier so expensive xx

I agree with what's been said too.
I love my apple, although I must admit OH does all the grunt work when it comes to turning the seat around or folding it up. Otherwise I leave it 'good to go' in the corridor of our small block of flats. Also, I bought a lightweight 'car buggy' as I also find it chunky in our small car boot.
I particularly love the fact that mine's purple - people compliment it a lot. Its a looker :)
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy :) xx

I love mine and have recieved many a compliment on it!

It is heavy, but only when getting it in & out the car, I don't find it heavy to push. I also have a lightweight buggy (Maclaren Quest) for when we go away & I find the Apple much easier to push & steer one handed than I do the buggy.

The shopping basket is a good size and easily accessible.

Maybe I'm fortunate, but I've never had a puncture in mine.

Overall, I have been really happy with it and the weight issue has really not been a problem for me.

I love my iCandy apple!!! I havent found the weight of my chassis a problem although it is quite bulky in my car boot (I have a little people mover). I have to take the carrycot out, put it on my passenger seat and then life the chassis out. My LO is nearly 5 months old and still in his carrycot. He was a newborn during winter and the carrycot gave him loads of protection. He is nearly ready for his pushchair and I really like how he can face me.

I am afraid to say though that I have had 2 punctures in 2 weeks (thorns!) but when I was researching iCandy apples I read that one lady had taken her tyres to Halfords and they have filled her tyres with something solid so she had no more punctures! Im going to look into this!.

Good luck and I hope you find the pram that suits you best. It's not an easy task but good fun! :flower:

Thanks ladies!

Am I right (or wrong) in thinking if I had another baby close ish in age I can turn the apple into a pear and make it a double buggy?

Can you do that with the cherry ?

And also what's the main difference between the apple n cherry ? Except the weight ?

Sorry for all the qs ! Finding a pram I love that is pratical blah blah! Is hard!

I love my ICandy Apple.

I agree with many others....light, easy to steer, baby very content in it.

I agree it's big but then many of these kind of systems are. If storage is an issue go for a stroller kind. For me the size is not an issue.

Punctures.....ive had three. This has happened even with the foam in which i too got from Halfords. Lets be honest, punctures are always going to be a risk when you have wheels with pneumatic tyres! If you see it as a problem, don't get wheels of this kind!

I agree that i akso think babies should be lying flat and facing you. With the carrycot that's fine. To change the buggy part to a front facing position, it is very easy.

I know the apple carrycot is smaller than the cherry or peach...cant remember which one. My baby probably wouldn't like that as when she is sleeping her arms are out to the side which is fine as the Apple is wider.

The nay thing which annoys me is, there is a bar underneath the carrycot to help stabilise it. It's attached to the basket part. You don't have to use this bar, but if you do, access to t eh basket part is limited. Really frustrating when you try to enter you change bag situated in the basket.

Hope this helps.
X

It can also be converted to carry to babies if you purchase the special converter pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->