iCandy Apple

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by hayley x, Oct 17, 2008.

1. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

I think I have found 'the' pushchair :happydance: I fell in love with the icandy apple special edition its gorgeous. I think it may be a little too early to buy it yet though =[

For £749 you can get everything included... pushchair, carrycot, raincover, footmuff, bag, parasol, car seat and a seat insert.

When did you all start getting your 'big' items like pushchairs and that? I have a sexing scan booked for 18 days time (yes I am counting hehe) I cant wait.

Does anyone have the icandy apple or used it? Just looking for your views on it if any. Thank you xxxx

2. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Wobbles has one :D

Its up to you when you buy it, theres no too early or too late. I will be getting mine bought in a few weeks because we have the money and i want to get it so its one less thing to worry about.

3. xXDonnaXx

xXDonnaXx Well-Known Member

It is what I'm having too! Nearly paid if off then I can collect it,wooo! I fell in love with it too, :rofl: - And get it when you want it. :) x

4. lauriech

lauriech Well-Known Member

This is one I've looked at but not seen it in the flesh. Seems like a good travel system, especially if you're thinking about having another baby fairly soon after?

What's it like in the flesh?

x

5. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

i have it and i absolutely love it (we attach a buggy board on the back for my toddler)

i have only 2 issues with it..

mine seems to pull to the right? its always an effort to keep it going in a straight line!
    and the hood doesnt seem to pull out all the way.

that may just be mine though!

ive also seen the ICandy Pear in the flesh and its LUSH! absolutely lovely.

6. Becky

Becky Jacobs Mummy

I looked at it but could i fold the thing nope, it found it really hard to use.

I ended up buying the Britax Vigour 4+ and got it about 3 weeks ago!!

x

7. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

I always forget to push in the side button when folding it!!

You have to press the button lift the handle and either push down hard and it snaps or slam it down & it snaps. Theres 2 ways.

I don't have the problems Tezzy has with her although when baby is lay completely back because of the design you may think its not fully pulled up but it is and if its raining like any pram you have the raincover.

The only fault I find with this pram is that the pram seat can be facing you or away with a click (thats a good part) however if you put the pram down and you have baby facing you you need to clip it off - the pram only folds with the seat attached when its facing away HOWEVER like I say its a click and pull off or just put on which takes seconds.

Car driver may find that also the handy feature with this is the wheels also just click on and off so if you find your pram is a cm to small for your folded prob (known problem) well sorted clip the wheel off again within seconds.

I liked this for the idea IF I needed to I could turn it into a double (pear) & although I had doubts since now I need to lol thats because I was having doubts on ALL doubles. Still need to view it as a pear but have decided I'm going to!

I did not buy the carrycot the seat lays back flat plus we used the carseat alot when she was tiny tiny - again clicks on and off in seconds easier moving around for you & baby.

8. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

i might take mine back to the shop (Nursery Window - the one with the moody assistants!)

it is a really nice pram and id recommend it to anybody

9. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

I didn't see anything wrong with it when I seen you. Maybe just the design being different ...kind of like not what your use to? Maybe lol!

10. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

:rofl::rofl:

i need to go on a pram pushing course PMSL!!!!

....nah my mum said it pulls to the right too...

maybe youre right about the hood though.. looking at pics on google the hood looks just like mine does (the design im thinking)

anyway.. thread crash over!

its a nice pram!

edit: maybe the buggy board makes it pull to one side

11. KatienSam

KatienSam Mummy to Ella & Faith <3

i looked at this. does it have a car seat attachment? xx

12. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

It is compatible with the maxi cosi cabriofix car seat (goes directly onto the frame (not sure whether you need adaptors). Hope this helps. x

13. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

The car seat adapters come with the pushchair (as far as I'm aware) It took me a while to find somewhere that stocked it for me to see it but when I did they had a package that included literally everything. I'm really excited I think its a fab pushchair... I'm not even half way yet so I still got ages to wait hehe xxx Thanks for all the replies ... makes me want it even more as I didnt know anyone who had it before. xxx

14. cara1974

cara1974 Well-Known Member

Can it take a changing bag? The lady in thes shop said you couldn't put a changing bag on the handles !!!

15. lyndsey3010

lyndsey3010 Mummy of two boys

I looked at this in our local shop as we liked the design. However, when the handle was extended as I'm quite tall, it rattled as if there was too much of a gap between the inner bit and the outer bit if that makes sense.

I'm wondering if any of you ladies have found this or whether its just because it was the display one and perhaps hasn't been treated too kindly. For me it was a real shame as it was one of my favourites but that rattle noise would drive me mad. Shopping in my town is rubbish so I don't even know of another local supplier to try out a different one.

16. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

:hi: just to let you no theres been quite a lot of talk about the icandy apple in the baby and toddler club, and i million other prams/pushchairs/strollers/travel systems etc! i too love the icandy apple, think its gorgeous, we have the bugaboo cameleon but really like the icandy :)

17. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

well girls i think the icandy apple is for me. I find out tomorrow if the baby is a boy or a girl so i can jazz a black one up with a coloured insert, footmuff and parasol.

Heres the choice

https://www.icandyuk.com/products_detail.php?id=apple_stroller

I also see that the carseat that fits it is the maxi cosie cabriofix. It can be fitted in ur car alone or with easybase or easyfix. I really want this pram but i need to see if one of the carseat options (preferly using the easybase or easyfix as its just a click and ur in).

I have found the compabilty site for any1 thats interested

https://www.maxi-cosi.com/maxicosi/carselector.aspx?language=gb-en

It doesnt say much for my car so i have emailed them.

:baby::baby::baby: fit . I really want this pram

18. porkpie1981

19. porkpie1981

mmm must do as they have the bags as accessies

says

Carry all your essentials in our lifestyle changing bag. Features include an adjustable shoulder strap, two outer zip pockets, mobile phone pocket, insulated double zip outer bottle pocket, wide, double zip opening to the main compartment which contains a padded changing mat, mesh side pouches and a wipes/tissue dispenser.

20. dizzy65

dizzy65 Momma of my 4 Boys!