iCandy Cherry-Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by spacegirl, Jan 30, 2011.

1. spacegirl

spacegirl Well-Known Member

This seems to tick all the boxes for me but for one thing...

A few years ago people were posting reviews and saying that they had to keep sending them back because of wheels falling off and dodgy chassis. I know that the model has since been improved but I've still seen bad reviews.

It's sooo annoying because it's taken so long to figure put what pram to get but I'm now unsure about safety. Has anyone bought one within the last year or so? How do you find it?

Things that are important for me:

1) can be taken on public transport
    2) can fold away easily
    3) packs away and is not too big/heavy
    4) not too pricey like bugaboo!

Any other recommendations

Thanks !

Cxxxx

2. ericacaca

ericacaca TTC#2

We're looking at the ICandy Cherri and I LOVE IT! I think it ticks all your boxes... and if you buy from a reputable stockist then if it goes wrong you can get it sorted easily.

We love the way it packs down, its quite compact and fairly lightweight - it's just not ideal for off road walking. We're lucky enough to have bought a 2nd hand apple for £100 for when we go on holiday/trekking in the woods/on the beach etc.... so we have the best of both worlds!

3. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I had it, I loved it, but it did break x

4. lady3

lady3 Well-Known Member

When we were originally looking at pushchairs, the man in the shop told me that the Cherry had had a lot of problems with the front wheels sticking so we didn't end up getting it. This was back in 2008. My sil got the 2009 version and the front wheels have been changed so the sticking isn't a problem anymore. She loves it. I wish the 2008 model would have been a good one as I would have loved to have one!

5. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i had one, purchased back in jan 2009, and i've loved it! never broke and still in fab condition! i'd recommend them to anyone tbh :D

6. foxyroxie

foxyroxie Well-Known Member

ive got the cherry and i LOVE it mines not broke and will be using it with this baby 2 xx

7. leelee

leelee Mammy to 2

I love my Cherry!

1) It can be taken on public transport but I think it would be a bit of a faff if you had to fold it on a bus. For just getting on and off buses, trains, it is compact and light

2) It does fold easily but takes a bit of getting used to!

3) It is compact and packs away nicely

4) I got mine at the baby show for about £500 and that inc carry cot, buggy bit and a maxi-cosi car seat.

8. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

I love my cherry, I have no faults with the pram iteslf, other than we found theseat unit too big for Daisy until about 9 months of age so we had to buy another pram to do while she was in the inbetween stage of the carrycot and large seat unit :( x