• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

icandy peach, do you rate yours??

missmayhem

Mummy to 2 little cuties
Reaction score
hello ladies, i'm looking for some review of the peach before i commit to buying it, although fairly certain its the one i want

how long have you had yours?
how long did you use yours?
how long was LO is carrycot?
if you no longer use it why?
good points?
bad points?
what price did you pay and what was included?
how long do you think it will last LO?
what is it like on rougher terrain?

thank you ladies, just don't wanna shell out over 800 quid for something that won't last

Hi
We've got the peach blossom, so use it for toddler & baby.

how long have you had yours? Since Florrie born, July 10.
how long did you use yours? Still using it now.
how long was LO is carrycot? At least 6 months
if you no longer use it why? n/a
good points? Light to push, easy to fold down/put up, great to use with the car seat, LO can face you.
bad points? Price! And toddler seats are a bit on the small side, but our (almost) 3 year old still goes in when she isn't walking.
what price did you pay and what was included? Just short of £1,000 I think but we got the car seat and base and obv 2 lots of seats due to having a newborn and toddler.
how long do you think it will last LO? Like I say, Poppy still goes in the toddler seat now and she's nearly 3.
what is it like on rougher terrain? Not used it on very rough terrain, but having been on lots of walks in parks etc and had no probs.

HTH x

I love mine and have had it 7months now since harry was born...although have already sold the carry cot on ebay as harry only got four months out of it.it was great for long walks but the majority of the time it was easier just to click the car seat on so that's what il be doing with second child anyway...defo not worth the extra £150 in my opinion....

It's so easy to collapse down and quick too when its pouring down with rain...we were in the cotswolds last week,out for long walks etc and it was pretty good on semi-rough terrain.

no real bad points..just don't recommend the carry cot as mentioned above,also with using carry cot it limits the space in shopping basket underneath which always used to annoy me..I don't have that problem now with toddler seat...footmuff is gorgeous,definitely worth the extra cash if you can afford it...parasol i broken already so not such a good purchase...

We paid £650 for pram inc carry cot,foot muff and parasol...we then bought maxi cosi separately for £90.

I love mine!!!

how long have you had yours? since LO was born so 15 months
how long did you use yours?still using it
how long was LO is carrycot?4- 5months?
if you no longer use it why?
good points? soo good looking :haha: comfy for LO, really nice to push and easy to manouver,nice big basket underneith, ca be parent or outward facing
bad points?i had a problem with the recline buttons on the side but icandy gave me a whole brand new stroller within a few days :thumbup: tbh i still find the buttons hard to press when shes in it as the dead weight makes them difficult to compress but we have a method to get round that now! so it wouldnt put me off buying it again.
what price did you pay and what was included? i got mine 15 months ago so it was cheaper i think i payed 550 with 10% off from the shop i got if from, i got carrycot and pushchair and rain cover etc.
how long do you think it will last LO? its still going strong with lots of room. so i think it will last untill she doesnt want to be in it anymore!
what is it like on rougher terrain? we walk down our woods everyday and it copes fine. its not specifically designed for rough terrain but it copes well. sometimes the front wheels get stuck on a partucularly deep hole or big rock but all in all it does well!!

i would def recommend it i love love love it!!:thumbup:

how long have you had yours? About six months - bought it before Teddy was born and used it as a single for a bit.

how long did you use yours? Still using it, can't see us stopping for a while yet.

how long was LO is carrycot? Tricky, Teddy absolutely fricking hated being in the carrycot, and he's a big boy, so I got rid of it a couple of weeks ago and he goes in the seat or the car seat depending on how long we'll be out. But it was really big, so he would have been in it for ages yet.

if you no longer use it why? See above!

good points? Pushes nicely, small compared to some tandems, pretty and easy to click different seat combinations on.

bad points? Hate not being able to fold it in one (although I think you can only do that with the P and T Vibe in the tandem world). Takes up a fair amount of space in the boot, the seats are small. I have the original harness as well, which is TINY. The peripherals are expensive too.

what price did you pay and what was included? Bought it on ebay, so with two seats, two car seats and a carrycot for the bottom, it was about £520. Have sold off various bits of it as we've gone along though.

how long do you think it will last LO? Not sure about my older daughter. She's dinky, but she doesn't have tons of room in the upper seat. I can see us having to take the hood off and the seat pad out soon. I doubt we'll keep it when we don't need a double, as I love the Stokke so much I want to get one again ASAP.

what is it like on rougher terrain? Great, I take it to the park with the kids in all the time.

how long have you had yours?
- since Ava was born (oct 1st 2010)

how long did you use yours?
- still using it, she's 8 months old now

how long was LO is carrycot?
- until she was 4 months old, then she started looking squashed in it, she's a big baby but I don't know a lot of people who have used it for 6 months

good points?
- very light and easy to maneuver, very stylish pram, parent facing and forward facing, chassis folds up quite easily, great basket (usually fit in 3-4 bags of tesco shopping!)

bad points?
- takes up quite a lot of room when taken apart (so you'll need a big boot if you take it in your car), chassis is a bit heavy to carry, if you use the bus in london it also takes up a lot of room in the pram section (compared to some other prams).

what price did you pay and what was included?
- around £700 for the pram, carrycot, maxi cosi carseat and adapters and 3 raincovers.

how long do you think it will last LO?
- not sure yet!

what is it like on rougher terrain?
- very good

thanks ladies, i've seriously fallen for the peach

thanks lady's after calling about best price i can get is 699 for carrycot and stroller...

even more tempted now

IF you want to save money hon,id definitely think twice about the carry cot...especially as lots of women seem to be agreeing baby grows out of it before six months....xx

i liked having the carry cot. dont know if anyone has had new baby in the seat unit but i cant see how it would be very comfy for them. i may be wrong but personally i liked.

I'M suggesting she consider using the maxi cosi instead...or to be honest I know someone who used seat in laying position who just padded out the 'bum' bit with blankets for a few months so their LO was still flat..xx

i am getting a combi seat, so will not be purchasing the maxi cosi that clips onto the frame, that way i will get full use of the carrycot, which will also be used at night.

i am always out for over 2 hours at a time and this is the suggested length of tinme for a car seat so for me it would be pointless

Can I suggest you buy the carrycot second hand then, they're much cheaper and if you were going to have LO sleeping overnight, you'd need to buy a new mattress anyway as the one it comes with isn't suitable for overnight sleeping. You'll save a bundle!

the shop i have gotten a quote off will do the carrycot cheaper, meaning it's only a tenner dearer than i can find on ebay!!!

which i don't think is too bad at all!

the stroller alone is 595

stroller and carrycot 699.... so that just over £100 for the carrycot

I got mine for £60 including delivery and sold it for the same - if you keep an eye on them, you can get a real bargain.

YEah I only sold mine on ebay last week for £80 ;) xx

ps.what's a combi seat out of interest?xx

was just suggesting an alternative as they are expensive...baby always falls asleep in the car and I hated waking him to put him in the carry cot so found I used car seat a lot more that's all hon...if you get the carry cot,cool..they're very cosy when baby is new born :)

they are fab!!! i like the idea of a seat which i know is secure......... i am paranoid weather i strapped my nephew in so the thought of did i strap the car seat in would drive me bonkers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"