icandy vs quinny - help!

Go for the Icandy ! They are lovely and very reliable!

Quinny's are the most DISGUSTING pushchairs I have ever seen :sick: they look like tractors, SOOOO unfeminine.... And not to mention common as muck, I see about 50 people with them while walking through town alone!

x

I have the iCandy Apple and really love it - hasn't been used in anger yet though... :winkwink:

QT

I agree about the suspension thing on the apple being better for off road/cobbles than the cherry, I live in the country atm and got a cherry so im not sure whats gonna happen prob use the sling till i move, when i move ill be in a city.. so thats why i got the cherry, also liked the fact its all smaller than the apple!

we got the icandy with a view tousing it as a tandem incase number comes along soon after this one

We got the icandy cherry, not had a play with it yet but looking forward to taking it a spin- we live just outside the city so will have to travel on public transport alot

Hazel x

Iv got a Icandy cherry :) and i looove it! never heard anything bad about it exsept the chasis or something being dodgy but they fixed the problem and there fine now.. :) but i havent heard the pushchair dont last long either if anything id say itll last till they are able to walk properley and dont need it anymore lol and some people have even said theyve used it for the 2nd child lol x

Go for the Icandy ! They are lovely and very reliable!

Quinny's are the most DISGUSTING pushchairs I have ever seen :sick: they look like tractors, SOOOO unfeminine.... And not to mention common as muck, I see about 50 people with them while walking through town alone!

x

I bet that makes all of the people on the site who have bought a quinny feel marvellous!

Its personal opinion ;) ! I'm sure there are plenty of people who hate icandys too :lol: !

I like the bright colors you can get with the Quinny's but they are very common, and they look so rickety!

Meh, each to their own.

I see Loolas everywhere too, I think theyre soooo dul.

Silly thing is that technically we live in a city..we live in Canterbury (PAH city - its tiny and crap) but a lot of the town centre is cobbled and the pavements are really crappy...the poor little mite would be shaken to bits if we didn't have big chucky tyres! lol

Lol - I used to live in Edinburgh so I know all about the cobbles!

Ha - that's one of the reasons I got the Peach... Edinburgh cobbles. ;)

I love, LOVE my iCandy Peach.

https://lh5.ggpht.com/_uSyRXnRKmYo/Stn7rN5DBPI/AAAAAAAAIzA/guArf5wFynk/s640/DSCN0805.JPG

I like the bright colors you can get with the Quinny's but they are very common, and they look so rickety!

My Quinny is much more flimsy than my Apple. Harder to steer too.

When we were looking at pushcahirs we looked at the mothercare my3/4 but straight away ruled them out as they were sooo rickety oit was silly the handle moved all over the place and it clicked and cluncked as we pushed it around.

Then the woman showed us the 7 easy steps to collapse it PMSL...I mean honestly 7 steps!!!!!!!!!

I was set on getting the quinny buzz, until I went to John Lewis and the sales guy showed us the icandy peach which is definitely what we're going for now! The quinny is cool but the folding mechanism isn't as great as the ease with which the icandy collapses. Also the icandy can be upgraded more easily if you do decide to have more children within the next 2 years...icandy all the way!

Well i love my quinny, i had one for lottie and have gone for it again! Its easy to steer, i love the look of it, lottie was always comfortable in it too! Not tried an icandy so can't really comment but i am backing quinny! x

When we got our icandy apple we couldnt collapse it at all...we had to call the store and get some advice! LOL I felt like such a t**t but the woman did agree the instructions arent great...they I was phone balanced on my shoulder massive bump in my pj's trying to 'slide the handle as if I were playing the trombone' while popping one foot on the brake and giving the handle a bump with my hip.

Much hilarity later I got the knack.

LOL it really is easy so long as someone actually shows you rather than relying on instruction booklets it seems.

I cant wait to get my LO out and into his icandy carrycot and take him out for a parade!

Better than that I cannot wait to see hubby pushing his son around town!

Yep, I can collapse my Apple very easily, and it can be done in one, and if the seat unit is facing away it can be collapsed while still attached ;)

Ah good to know...I havent really played with the seat yet...just the chassis and carrycot.

Honestly though it was so funny brand new pushchair out of the box its obviously going to be a bit stiff but theres me doing my best to restrain myself and not shout at the poor woman on the phone because clearly the instructions are s**t and trying to fold the damned thing!

All she kept saying was hold in the button and slide it like you are playing the trombone....theres me thinking I don't play the effing trombone, never have and I doubt I would point one at the floor and play it grrrrrrr

It is so easy to do though now I know how haha!

The quinny is cool but the folding mechanism isn't as great as the ease with which the icandy collapses.

I was going to say... the iCandy is easy to collapse after quite a bit of practice - it certainly has a technique to it... :haha:

We didn't look at the Quinny Buzz too closely because it is very common - which really put me off. It is also a bit like certain names... depending on who is yelling the name (and how) can certainly put you off of a name for a baby in a nano-second... :wacko: (not to imply that all owners of Quinny Buzz's - especially those here - would put me off owning one, but certainly quite a few that I saw/heard did...)

QT

I was going to say... the iCandy is easy to collapse after quite a bit of practice - it certainly has a technique to it... :haha:

Totally agree, same story with the Peach. Even when the lady showed me in the shop, I thought I had gotten the hang of it... Then 5 minutes later I tried again and suddenly had lost the magic touch! I think I've got it now, though... :wacko:

Totally agree, same story with the Peach. Even when the lady showed me in the shop, I thought I had gotten the hang of it... Then 5 minutes later I tried again and suddenly had lost the magic touch! I think I've got it now, though... :wacko:

Me too, after about a dozen attempts... :dohh:

Think that I may have to practice again after Jnr arrives...

QT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"