icsi in 2011?

hayley1982

Reaction score
I was wonderin if theres anyone havin treatment next yr?hopefully it will be in apr/may.but got no definate date yet:dohh::happydance:

We are going for round 2!!! Starting down reg in February! Fingers crossed we will have a better result this time. Best of luck to u xxx

So did you have a bfn last cycle?was it long ago?so sorry lovey. It will work on r2

I am going for second try provisional ec w/c 21st March good luck girls x

Hi, our next cycle is planned for April/May time - not sure if we'll be having a whole fresh cycle or FET yet - clinic have advised us to have whole fresh cycle but up to us to decide. Wishing you all lots of luck x

So did you have a bfn last cycle?was it long ago?so sorry lovey. It will work on r2

Yep we had a bfn. Just there at the end of November. Got 8 eggs at egg collection, 3 were immature, 3 disintegrated. Had 2 that fertilised but one of those didnt make it to day 2, so had one transferred on day 2 but it didnt stick!!!! We are hoping that a change in my medication will give us better results next time. Wanted to give my body a couple of months to recover so we decided to wait till mid february to start again!!! So we will going from scratch again with a fresh cycle!!! Really hope you're right and it does work for us, cause it aint easy, that's for sure!!!! Best of luck to u xxxx

Hi

I have my second cycle in April after a failed FET in November. I am on a short protocol this time as last time OHSS.

Perhaps Hayley we can start soon a April/may IVF thread xx

Well i recieved a note yesturday regardin dates ect from clinic.so gave them a ring.im goin on the 12 th to update my bloods and treatment goin ahead for march/apr time.scared but excited aswell.hows you ladies doin?

Hi Ladies :hugs:

Can i join in please? I'm hoping to start icsi sometime next year. We're hoping to get our funding letter through soon and then predict we'll be able to start in March time :happydance:

Its been a lonely journey so far as hubby and I dont have anyone to really talk to about it so i could really do with the support.

I have a feeling we'll be lucky ladies in 2011 :thumbup:

x

Hi there.:hi: We will see what the secong SA tells us at the end of feb. And ICSI will probably be in march/april. :yipee:
Let´s rock ladies!:headspin:

Hi ladies can I join you?! We've been referred for an advanced SA in January and if the result say we need ICSI then we should be able to start in April/May!! If not we will be waiting until Sept for IVF.

I think ICSI will be what we need though. My husbands first SA was 11% morphology and the second was 5%. He has made me pregnant 3 times and there have been numerous chemicals so I am sure that my body clings on to every possible embryo whether it is viable or not!

I hope ICSI is what we need as our clinic has a fantastic record and I just feel really positive about this type of treatment!!

Not long to cycle now.only afew months.i think i maybe they only one whos had a cycle thats worked with you ladies.im scared but excited.to think if it does work we will have a baby or babies by the end of next yr or begininnin of 2012.

Hi there.:hi: We will see what the secong SA tells us at the end of feb. And ICSI will probably be in march/april. :yipee:

We really are in the exact same place. Im ok too. We go back for second SA on the morning of Feb 15th and meeting consultant again in the afternoon to get results and make a plan for ISCI. I have just counted its 51 days to that apt. :hissy: The waiting is killing me. Are you doing anything in the meantime? We thought we would keep trying (even though we had m/c last Aprll and it could be a sperm thing...) also we are going to do some acupuncture. Lord knows if it will help but it cant do any harm. I've had DH on zinc and selenium for a few months now but our FS told us it takes exactly 72 days for sperm to ripen or be ripe or whatever it is! So I guess the zinc and selenium didnt kick in for the November SA. I've now put him on multivit and folic acid too. Sure it can't help. :wacko:

We really are in the exact same place. Im ok too. We go back for second SA on the morning of Feb 15th and meeting consultant again in the afternoon to get results and make a plan for ISCI. I have just counted its 51 days to that apt. :hissy: The waiting is killing me. Are you doing anything in the meantime? We thought we would keep trying (even though we had m/c last Aprll and it could be a sperm thing...) also we are going to do some acupuncture. Lord knows if it will help but it cant do any harm. I've had DH on zinc and selenium for a few months now but our FS told us it takes exactly 72 days for sperm to ripen or be ripe or whatever it is! So I guess the zinc and selenium didnt kick in for the November SA. I've now put him on multivit and folic acid too. Sure it can't help. :wacko:

:hi:hi... sound like we are in the same spot.We do not have an feb appointment yet but it will be towards the end of feb since DH will be on orthomol for almost three month by then (zinc, folic acid and all the other good stuff):munch:. In the meantime we will keep trying and having fun with it! :dance:Acupuncture sounds good, but it is not insurance covered. I am just looking into it now.

Well lets keep our fingers crossed!!!!:dust:

Absolutely nothing is covered here. We have to go private and fork out for the whole shebang. Ireland is very behind in its thinking. We could wait a year to see a consultant on the public scheme but at the end of all that waiting they will still not pay for fertility treatment. Not sure how long we will have to wait from the 2nd apt with consultant on February 15th. It's all very nerve wrecking stuff. I spent months doing b6 complex and soy so we might as well give the acupuncture a lash too! I read in Zita West's book that it could be good for motility. The energy channelling gets things moving (or something like that! :wacko:). The stuff our clinic gave us to read says they start hormones on CD21, which will be the first week of March. Hopefully it will be a short protocol then as we are young and Im very susceptible to medication. Do you know anything about that kind of thing? Will they write out to your with an apt date?

@ GillAwaiting: Same here, looks like nothing is covered for us since we are not married and due to financiell difficulties that DH exwife is causing it would ruin us totally to get married now :nope: therefore we are on our own moneywise!
We will have to make a appointment but that works really fast at the hospital.
Well I am hoping for the short protocol too, since I wont be able to get time off from work and hopefully wont have too many side effects.:bike:

Hey I sent you a friendsrequest. :hugs:

hi all i we should be having icsi treatment in 2011 too seeing consultant on 3rd feb for planning appointment so i predict a march/april start for us too! and the waiting is killing me too so bored of it all now! taken us since jan this year just to get seen at clinic madness!!! xxx

Hey Reilley and Annie, glad to meet you guys. :hugs: Maybe we could keep in the loop here and follow each other's journey. There is a thread on the long time trying to conceive stream. There are three women up there who started on clomid for male fertility issues but all moved to ISCI. Its a lovely thread to read, about 70 odd pages. 2 of them are now pregnant from their first round of ICSI and the other is waiting for her second round. I think that thread helped all three of those ladies survive the madness. Our FS didnt recommend clomid but I had already done a month of soy and had just started the second so not going to push that at all. Did you guys try anything like that? Even though I've now realised that there is no point in temping every day, I think Im addicted and can't stop doing it anyway. :dohh: It's silly but It's just to feel like we are doing something. :loopy:

HI girls, can i join to please.

We was referred to St Marys in Manchester last week but thats a far as I know. I dont have any idea of what to expect now. I beleive we will be funded for ICSI but not the sperm retreival so we are quite lucky that way as there is no chance we could fund it ourselves, we dont know how we are going to fund the sperm retreival yet :shrug: The other downside is that we dont know how long we will have to wait. We are hoping to hear more in Jan.

Does anyone know what our next step is? Do we wait to hear from the PCT or the clinic? I am so confused.

All my tests have come back normal, thankfully, but hubby's SA is less than 1M due to an injury or truama in his teens :cry: There is nothing they can give to help or even boost the SA.

Hope we can share our journeys with each other, its been a very hard few months and i imagine ICSI is going to be even more testing :hugs:

Good luck to all you girls :thumbup:

hey girls...I am so glad we are on this thread! Sounds like we are all in the same boat!:boat:
DH Spermcount revealed unter one million too. :spermy:The FS did not recomment for me to start on anything beside folic acid and vit because he wants my system as natural as it can be since my tests came back ok .:shrug:

I hate the waiting too!!! But we will sit and wait and of course babydance ! :dance:

Great to have you guys!:headspin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->