I'd like a TTC Buddy :)

Ohhhh, thats always good to know. How exciting.... how are you feeling tyson?

Honestly, I don't feel anything at all which leads me to believe that I'm not pregnant...maybe it was just an evap line? I saw it almost instantly, walked away and it was gone then after it dried for a little while then the line reappeared. Very confused...going to test Friday now and if nothing I'll call the doctor so I can try and get an appointment in before the end of the year (insurance change).

Id be so excited to get an evap line! lol... at least its some hope right?? ive probably done a total of 15 HPTs and never had ANY hopeful sign on any of them :( i know it would have been false hope but still!!

oh! btw kitty are you testing this month ? if so when do you plan to?

I tested again this morning and no joy so I made an appointment with the doctor for Dec 31. Interestingly enough I have still been using OPKs and it looks like I got a positive the day before yesterday (around 3pm) and then 2 yesterday (1:30pm and around 11pm). I'm guessing maybe I have a long cycle naturally...who knows? At any rate the appointment is perfect because I can test right before and find out if the OPKs are at least working....maybe I'll get my :bfp: for 2010!! :dust: to you ladies!!

Well,
Just for heck (and because I was planning on drinking) I tested yesterday and got a big fat negative, though I would have been surprised if it was otherwise.
Still, it means I can enjoy a good tipple over the holidays :)

Tyson, it goes to show how naive I am, what are evaporation lines? Are they common? Is that why people do several tests each month to confirm?

awww husg pet...well i was planning on testing on xmas eve cos i thought i may hav ovulated a week or so ago however, yesterday i bought some more opk's and tested and i had the darkest line i have ever had however still its lghter than the control line, so now i have no idea what to think *shrugs* might just test xmas eve so i know for sure i can drink xmas day :D

I feel for you kitty...I was ready to throw the OPKs in the trash and then I got a positive so keep testing...maybe you're getting close. Have you gotten a positive at all yet? I kept testing even though I got a lot of almost positives then I got the real positives. They are so very hard to read!! I really hope that O'ed and I'm starting to feel some very slight cramping...but it may just be my mind playing tricks on me. Even though you just got off BC, it is possible to have a regular cycle right after, but it may be irregular for a while.

Petitpas, if you only saw my FF chart...I tested so many times and got a :bfn:!! Hard to explain exactly what an evap line is so I copied and pasted the definition below.

What's an evaporation line? Evaporation ("evap") lines result with the test's antibody strip just looks slightly different than the space around it. There is a line of antibodies (usually made from mouse cells) in the Control and Test section. The Control line binds with any liquid and turns pink (or blue, in tests using blue dye.) The Test/Result line turns pink only if pregnancy hormone is detected. If not, the moisture passes over this strip and does not turn pink. It may, however, become more visible when the light hits the moisture on the strip-- it may appear gray, colorless, like a "dent" in the test, or like a "ghost line." It may appear at any time-- as soon as the urine hits it, after a few minutes as the test absorbs the moisture, or after the 10-minute time limit. It may appear when the test is drying, or after it has dried. It may disappear as the test is drying, or after the test has dried, or not disappear at all.
The simple fact is that there is always "something there" that is slightly visible-- it's simply the antibodies on the test that would turn pink in the presence of hCG. When the test becomes wet, or as it dries, or after it dries, the antibody strip may become more visible. Therefore, all tests may have them. It is not a defect; it's just how tests are made.
A real positive is identified by its color (pink or blue, whatever the color of the test's dye is) and its appearance within 10 minutes of urinating on the stick. A line that appears after 10 minutes, regardless of color, must be considered an evap line and is caused by the test's chemicals changing. HPT's are rapid assay diagnostics, which means any results appearing after the "rapid" time limit of 10 minutes are invalid.
>>Taken from: https://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html#7

I havent had a positive yet but yesterday was the darkest line i have had so far but i have no idea what the chances of it being a positive even if its darker but still lighter than the control line, i posted te pic so give me your opinion the first is yesterdays and then todays is the below one. unless is missed the surge cos i hadnt tested for a few days. I also thought i saw someone mention that if the opks can also show pregnancy as well do you no anything about that at all? i am getting a bit fed up LOL

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpeg
    GetAttachment.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 8
They look negative to me and I had a ton of those...since you didn't test everyday you may have missed the surge or you may not have, it depends. I thought I may have missed mine because I got my OPKs in the middle of my cycle, but as it's looking right now, I O'ed late or I have a long cycle. Either scenario can be the same for you because you just got off BC. If you can, keep testing everyday just to see. At least you can see what your 'normal' cycle might look like. I got fed up and threw all my used OPKs away or I'd show you mine. They were all varying degrees of 'positve' on different days.

I am a Google-holic so I research everything!! I thought the same thing earlier this week about using an OPK as an HPT and I found this site: https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html. It's the same site as the definition for evap line above and I learned A LOT from perusing that site.

Read that link, v interesting... however im starting to wonder if the opking and getting negatives all the time is gonna stress me out more than the not knowing and just waiting around for af to appear or not to appear and just test every month ?! blah

It does!!!! It is very stressful not knowing what is going on with your body. I think I told you but I got off BCPs after 4 years in June and didn't see AF for over three months and have been on Prometrium to induce AF every month since September. This is my first month off Prometrium. It's supposed to kick start AF. Since I wasn't testing until December I have no idea what was going on or if I even O'ed those months. I'm staying hopeful! I was ready to throw them out and say the heck with it all! Keep your chin up Kitty! I have my fingers and toes crossed that you will get your positive soon!

Yes lets hope the *mouse of positivity* crosses our paths :D xxx

Kitty, I'm all for the *positivity* :)
Thanks for all the info, Tyson!

Now I'm waiting around for my second AF post-pills to see how long my cycle is...

Gah,

I was convinced today and last night i maybe pg due to feeling sick and craving cocacola so much i had to by the diet and decaffinated one... and reaaallly sensitive and painful nipples which i never ever get even with AF! But i noticed pg tests on buy one get one free in boots... and i couldnt help it....and i tested.... and no surprised got BFN. Now feeling rather crappy and stupid :( blaaaaaah. How is everyone else... better than me i hope :D
I hve realised being impatient is a bad thing.

K x

Aw, Kitty...I'm sorry! :flower: When is the :witch: due? It may be too early to test...? I want to POAS so badly! I'm trying to contain myself!! So now I'm driving myself CRAZY with symptom spotting...ugh! But the sore boobies may be a good sign! Is that normal for you?

well i have no idea, if i go from when i had implanon out i should be due between 24th and 30th. But i dont have a clue really!!! I never ever had sore bbs with AF before i had bcp on bcp's and on implanon so its very unusal for me, however apparently implanon can give you preggo symps but i would have thought it would have left my body by now!! I dont mind the bfn so much cos it is to early i just feel stupid for having no will power and waiting to poas!!! Oh well LOL

I'm not very familiar with Implanon so I googled it! They say you can get pregnant right after you have it removed which surprised me because what the ladies are saying about the Depo shot is a nightmare! Anyway, my doctor told me that as soon as you stop the pill you can get pregnant because it only takes about a day for the hormones to leave your body...that may be different for Implanon but from what I read it only takes about a week for the hormones to leave your body. Everyone is different, but maybe you are just O'ing late. It is possible to become pregnant your first cycle though. I tried to read what symptoms people were having at different days past ovulation and it's almost enough to make your head spin! I ordered some pregnancy tests online today and am goign to hold out until they come in the mail. I bought 3 super early PG tests that have a sensitivity between 10-15 miu's. I think the absolute earliest I can test would be Sat. To satisfy my POAS addiction right now I still take OPKs. After all, that article did say they should slowly be getting darker. I have my fingers crossed for you Kitty! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->