Ideas for Baby Box

PieMistress

Proud and happy Mummy
Reaction score
We are planning on putting a box together of things for the LO - anybody got any other suggestions?

1. Newspaper from the day they were born
2. No.1 single from the day they were born
3. Family photo from that day
4. A new £5 coin

Am sure there were more but I can't remember!
xx

These were the ones I would go for. Maybe a print of babys hand foot to go in, a reciept for a baby outfit, that would have the date on and would be interesting to see how prices differ when baby is older.

ooh thats a good idea. 5 pound coin?!??! wwhatt!

why not a photo of you and baby on the day their born,
once theyre a week or so old you cud put in the babygrow they came home out of hospital in, photo of your house?? ummm... im not sure??

the wrist tag baby will wear when in hospital??

oooh number one will be christmas number one as your due dec, and you just know that it will be the x-factor winner!

xx

yeah i thought about wrist tag but i am planning on getting a baby book and putting it in there........... maybe it will be better in the baby book, and then the whole baby book can be read. :D

The hospital will give you a duplicate tag if you ask, my sis and her dp are not married and as when ure in the hosp the baby has to take the mums surname for security purposes they gave her a tag and baby card with his surname on too as a keepsake
:flower:

their first, booties/hat ,hospital wrist band, all the new baby cards, scan pictures,

Wow, lots of good ideas chickadees! Will add them to my list ;-)

We have been having a chuckle here at the high probability that the No.1 when they are born will be the X-Factor Winner!! MWAHHHHH !!!

I know that if it were me i'd love to get a box on my 13th/16th/18th/21st or whenever with lots of baby souviners in it xx

Great ideas! As for the X factor thing... it wont exist in 18 years time so it'll be interesting to them that such a thing was going on and that we all watched/loved it while they were safely tucked away from the horrors of reality TV. Haha.

my mum kept our umbilicle clamps :D The card that is tied to babys bassinette at the hospital. Pics of your house as it is now, and the road you live on. Id also put pics of the midwives who help to deliver the baby too (if they dont mind)

What lovely ideas. I'm definitely going to put one if these together. I'll have a think and see if I can come up with something different.

Ooooo actually what about a celeb mag....so they can see how the celebs have aged over the years! X x

Yeah the OH did suggest a Heat magazine (as it also has TV guide in it) ;o)

A year or so ago my mother in law gave me a box of all my husbands stuff including, his first socks, newspaper from the day he was born, wrist band, old school books, old reports from school and loads of other stuff from over the years I loved It I spent hours looking through it, it was strange especially the tiny stuff, he is a big fella. And the stuff he used to write at school was so funny. I am definately going to do this for my kids although I will give it to them not their wife/husband.

Oooh what about bump pictures. Or a letter from there big brother/sister if they have one.

That is a brilliant idea, I'm going to do one of those myself now.
I'm a stickler for sentimental things and it would be lovely to make my baby girl a box for when she's older with all her baby things in.
Thanks so much!!

Andrea xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"