• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ideas for telling parents about pregnancy so soon after the last.

PrincessMommy

Mommy expecting #2!!
Reaction score
So I have been posting tons here the past few weeks (mostly because I took myself off of Facebook :p) As some of you know.. My husband and I conceived only 3 months after our first born. Telling my parents was hard enough with the first baby... With this pregnancy, my mother may rip me a new one o_o We are nowhere near able to financially afford it.. But we are trying our best to find my husband a new job/score him this promotion.

Anyone else have to go through a similar situation? How did you tell your parents? I wanted to do something creative/cute so maybe it will lessen the blow :haha: We want to incorporate the sonogram pics so they already know- Hey! Shes alive and coming soon! Can't do much about it now! :winkwink:

I will be 12 weeks in 3 days.. I don't want to wait too long now. Any suggestions welcome!

Hmm..you could have both of your children wearing shirts that say "big brother" (if you have 2 boys)?

How old is your second? Just curious. I wish mine were close together!

This will be our second together. My husband already has 2 other sons. So 3 altogether. Needless to say... We want a girl soooooo badly. So I call it a girl :p (don't make fun of me!)

I could have my son holding the sonogram pic while sitting in my lap. He can't sit up on his own without a seat yet since he just turned 5 months.

Oooh okay, I was confused for a second. That is a cute idea!

I already have 2 boys and I also want a girl!! To the few people that know (and the ladies of B&B), I've been saying "I'm assuming this is a girl until I'm proven otherwise!!" :haha: I call "it" a "she" and made my tickers pink. So I know how you feel! :pink: :dust: to us!

Yes!!! If we think pink, then we will BE pink :p My name is also Chelsea, btw.

Did you have a hunch you were having boys before you actually knew? I totally did with my son. I had tons of dreams involving a little baby boy. This time- nota >.< I just keeping my fingers crossed the next 8 weeks.

I told my parents in person. They were a bit concerned because my son was only 4 months old, and I had just had a c-section, but they were okay. I don't think there's any easy way to do these things. Since you're not in a great place financially, I'd prepare yourself for getting a not so happy reaction from them, if that makes sense. They might not be over the moon, esp. if that's how they felt the first time, but hopefully they will end up accepting it and being positive about it.

They were really happy about my son, but I know they won't be this time. I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst reaction. I had a c section as well. That's what I am afraid of more than anything.

Did you have any complications with the second birth? I'm sooo nervous about it

Yes!!! If we think pink, then we will BE pink :p My name is also Chelsea, btw.

Did you have a hunch you were having boys before you actually knew? I totally did with my son. I had tons of dreams involving a little baby boy. This time- nota >.< I just keeping my fingers crossed the next 8 weeks.

Hah, what a coincidence! I 100% KNEW I was having boys both times. Especially with DS2. I walked into the ultrasound room and said "Well, it's a boy" lol. This time I really feel this is a girl. We shall see!

Ahhhh! You must keep me posted :D I don't have that feeling this time, but I think I may just be doubting myself. I have butt loads of morning sickness this time(not that it means for sure it's a girl, but it's 50% more likely) I'm feeling pretty confident ^_^

They were really happy about my son, but I know they won't be this time. I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst reaction. I had a c section as well. That's what I am afraid of more than anything.

Did you have any complications with the second birth? I'm sooo nervous about it

My second c-section--both were planned, btw--was easier to deal with pain-wise than my first. I'm not sure if it's because my body remembered going through it or not, but healing was faster and easier!

I am scared to death to tell my parents because I am pregnant by my bf before even getting a divorce from my soon to be ex-husband (conception was after separation).....so just remember it can always be worse lol I have no idea what I am going to say to them but for now I have to keep quiet anyways because the actually divorce papers are noting filed till next week and in this state I can't get a divorce granted if I am pregnant at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"