Idiots Guide to BLW

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
Hi ladies...

I have googled BLW and read the support thread on here, but I am still confused.com lol....

Can someone explain in SIMPLE terms..?

xxx

By the time a baby reaches 6m, they are more than able to feed themselves - you will probably notice some early signs of this, like LO puting everything in their mouth with precision and purpose. The theory is that if they can feed themselves, why spoon feed? As long as they can sit upright, supported or semi, in a hightchair or bumbo, they can be given pieces of food, cut into long, thin shapes that LO can grasp hold of, and feed herself. They say things like fruit and veg are best to start off with as they can be cut into appropiate shapes for LO to hold. For example, broccoli is perfect as it has it's own handle!! Fruit and veg should be soft - if you press it between your fingers and it squidges, its perfect! You can start with pretty much anything, but fruit and veg and probably best. LO can have whatever you are having, which removes the need to cook alternatives, puree, spoon feeding and eat at different times.

Think I have covered most of the start of BLW :wacko: I have Gill Rapleys Baby Led Weaning book which is brilliant! Would recommend if you want to know more.

Basically, everything CeriB said. The book is also great. It just all made so much sense to me when I read it - more sense than purees.

Perhaps if you asked some specific questions we could give you some examples from our experiences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->