If anyone is awake, please help!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by SnowWhite90, Nov 18, 2011.

1. SnowWhite90

SnowWhite90 Well-Known Member

Its 5.30 am here and i can't get back to sleep..

About an hour i woke up to get a glass of water, it was pitch black and stupidly i didnt turn on the lamp, not wanting to wake OH, anyway, I walked straight into a door and really hurt my belly with the door handle, just at my belly button.

Im so scared for baby... I could'nt get back to sleep, My doctor doesnt open his surgery until 9am, so im worried sick in the meantime, if i hurt my baby ill never ever forgive myself!!

2. bananaz

bananaz Well-Known Member

At 23 weeks your baby still has plenty of room and cushion in there, so chances are the only person who got hurt was you. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry!

3. jenniferttc1

jenniferttc1 mommy of 1 baking #2

I agree, I think baby is very cushioned in there and snuggling away and not hurt one bit :)

4. Annubrius

Annubrius Well-Known Member

Take a deep breath and try to relax, mama! You need your sleep. :). Baby should be just fine. :)

5. Nadialew

Nadialew Well-Known Member

the uterus protects baby from external pressure. so not to worry! baby will be just fine.

6. DollPosse

DollPosse Well-Known Member

I was told that it really takes a massive impact to have any affect on the baby. I fell and saw a Dr. and she assured me that even falling hard had not hurt my baby. My baby is fine, but I know it can be scary.

Hugs

7. sunshineray7

sunshineray7 Mummy of 2 little men

Yesterday at my job, a big dog jumped up and bashed my belly, but I'm absolutely sure that baby is fine, just relax and take a deep breath. You're little babe is snuggled up safe and warm in there x

8. MommaCC

MommaCC Well-Known Member

I'm with everyone else hum i'm sure baby is just fine. Very well protected in your belly xxx

9. BunNtheOven

BunNtheOven Mom Expecting # 2!

i'm almost 100% your fine.. thats what your fluid is for- to protect the baby! now if you fell down the stairs.. totally different story.

i'm only a day apart from you and about the same size.

10. SnowWhite90

Thanks for answering ladies!! Went to my doctor, heard the heartbeat on the doppler!! So im delighted...doctor normally has to search for ages to find it!! :) xxx

11. SnowWhite90

Awh i wonder who will go first?!! Knowing my luck ill be overdue!! :D

12. BunNtheOven

BunNtheOven Mom Expecting # 2!

lord knows what i'll be.. i tend to eat alot of sugar.. i cant help it because when i don't i almost pass out/have passed out and i heard sugar sometimes makes you go early.. haha. But yeah I would hate to be overdue thats just more weight on you!!! haha.

13. justplainTIFF

justplainTIFF Proud mommy!

Glad everything was ok. Your baby mustve been ready to be checked just to say "hey mom! I'm fine."