If baby is measuring a week small, do they come a week late?

MrsWhite

Reaction score
At my 36 week appt (on Fri) my doc measured my tummy and said baby is measuring 35 weeks. So, does this mean my baby is just a little on the small end of the spectrum or does this mean my baby is likely to be over due by a week? I am confident of my due date as I know when I ovulated, etc. I just want this baby out, can't stand the thought of being a week overdue, I am so uncomfortable...as all you other ladies are I am sure:)

I think the size can differ for every baby, but I was 1 week out and am now 1 week overdue! It's probably best to grit your teeth and maybe just not take your due date as given, and just be prepared to go over! Mind you it is a pain... I feel like Christmas day has been changed! Hope you're not late though :) x

No. The baby will come out when he/she is ready.

Mine was always measuring a week behind and in certain lengths, 2 weeks behind. My LO came the day before the EDD. :)

As I said in another thread, the femur length was in the low percentile according to the ultrasound and he was determined to be a short baby. He came out taller than average.

Good luck! I hope you don't have to wait too long.

agree with second post, my son was enormous when he came out and he was 14 days late . . .by normal measurements if it was about weight then he prob should have been born 8 weeks early lol

good luck hope baby doesnt keep you waiting xkx

My son measured 5 weeks behind and was born at 39+6

i had my 39 appt last thurs and i was measuring 35 weeks, i have been small all the way through (although i feel like an elephant) i do think ill be late but like the other ladies say baby will come when its ready x

I measured 35 weeks when I went into labour at 41 weeks and LO came out at 7lb8oz. xx

I was also thinking this as I have consistently measured a week behind and was wondering whether this meant I would definitely be late! Glad it doesn't always work like that!

No unfortunately it does not! lol.

When we measure fundal height most women will measure = to the weeks they are . 31=31 etc, However it is absolutely fine to measure 2cm either way. Anything more than 3cm less and ideally a scan should be arranged to check growth. If growth is normal and then you still always measure 3cm under for example - then as long as the growth is consistent all is well.

The most important thing is your belly grows. Everyone is different and even measure diff depending on MW/Dr etc. BEst result is have same person measure.

Sounds like all is going well. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"