If I can't trust my own cervix...!?!?

Impatientone

Reaction score
I am currently 6 days late with BFNs. According to my CM and CP and a slight OPK positive and a slight temp increase... I should have ovulated at CD13 (im now at CD34). Then after a few days of temp rise it started going crazy with a 1 degree swing in either direction from day to day then on CD22 my temp stabilized and remained above the cover line. I put my OPKs away after I was certain I ovulated the first time so no additional info there. So according to the temp chart it looks like a false ovulation the first time then the real one later but the problem is what to believe because the evidence is split.
CD13- cervix soft, high, open. EWCM, Slight temp rise, slight OPK line
CD22- cervix high, firm, closed. No CM, jump in temp followed by a stable above base line high.

Does anyone have any thoughts? No signs of pregnancy or AF. Next cycle I will be starting with my CBFM so if I have another weird cycle maybe I can figure it out but I would love to know any thoughts on what could be going on this time. Anyone?

My cervix is out of control too. We're you feeling it at the same time every day? I have read that can change it. I think the cervix is the most variable of it all, mine changed heaps and not very relative to where I was in my cycle. It sounds like you did O the second time though.

My cervix is out of control too. We're you feeling it at the same time every day? I have read that can change it. I think the cervix is the most variable of it all, mine changed heaps and not very relative to where I was in my cycle. It sounds like you did O the second time though.

Even with egg white CM the first time and completely dry the second? One other thing is that I always feel ovulation cramps- like clockwork and its always confirmed by temp spike the next day. I had cramps both times. Is it possible to ovulate twice?

From what I know CM, cervix position, OPKs can only tell you I your body is gearing up for ovulation, they cannot tell you if it actually happens. Temping is the only way to vitally confirm o happened. Temping also has its limits an if you don't quite do it perfectly it could give you inaccurate results (although probably not). Your body can try to ovulate a couple of times in a cycle, there area my different things that can delay it (stress, illness etc.). However it you won't ovulate twice in a cycle, if your body starts trying again in the same cycle it will be that you didn't o the attempt before. Also you know you o the day before your temp rises and some women's CM dries up just before o rather than after.
Basically we are all quite different and even with all the signs nothing is 100% so we have been BDing until a clear temp shift so we don't miss an unexpectedly late o.

From what I know CM, cervix position, OPKs can only tell you I your body is gearing up for ovulation, they cannot tell you if it actually happens. Temping is the only way to vitally confirm o happened. Temping also has its limits an if you don't quite do it perfectly it could give you inaccurate results (although probably not). Your body can try to ovulate a couple of times in a cycle, there area my different things that can delay it (stress, illness etc.). However it you won't ovulate twice in a cycle, if your body starts trying again in the same cycle it will be that you didn't o the attempt before. Also you know you o the day before your temp rises and some women's CM dries up just before o rather than after.
Basically we are all quite different and even with all the signs nothing is 100% so we have been BDing until a clear temp shift so we don't miss an unexpectedly late o.

Thanks for all the info! Sucks that the one most reliable thing I can't rely on for myself. I work 12 hour night shifts 3 days a week and my sleep is so unpredictable I never sleep at the same time two days in a row and I hardly stay asleep for more than 4 hours at a time so my temps are usually a bit scattered. I guess I have to annoy my husband more to cover the huge range of time I could O. Poor guy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->