If It Wasn't Pregnancy, What Was It?

PoisonIvy

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am new to the thread and just had a question for everyone if ya don't mind.

I know a lot of people always say they felt pregnant before and got constant bfns...And then the wicked aunt came...But what was it when it was a negative besides just PMS for you guys?

To give insight, my last cycle was early feb, doctors ruled it as a chemical pregnancy because it came a week early and was really heavy. They tested me anyways just to be sure and I tested negative at level 6 (Which is weird, I thought 6 was a come back and check if they are lower or higher but I also got a B in biology so lets go with what the Dr. said!) but then again we all assumed it was chemical so no one worried. I was also on 500mg Metformin and 20mg Prozac that I started the day before I started bleeding. I was having extreme breast tenderness and tiredness. Also inhanced sense of smell the week before that chemical btw. The breast tenderness went away once the bleeding started. So did the smell.
Had a boyfriend I wasn't trying to get pregnant with but with my history, I wasn't preventing either (Am 22, and the doctors ruled me premenopausal with PCOS+ 2 miscarriages including the chemical).
Anywhoosies so two weeks in, its the weekend before valentines day, you all know what happened. I start feeling weird after that. I'd take 2 naps and still sleep all through the night. I HATE fried chicken, dislike Hot Sauce, and now I feel the need to drown everything in Franks (including Fried chicken). I can smell what my mom was making for dinner from upstairs in her bedroom just like before. And I was using the bathroom more often, but not every 5 minutes. I ignored it because I am tired of negatives and miscarriages. Counted it as just PMS and well the witch was obviously on her way because I was having some cramping.......aaaannnnndddd nothin. No period that was due March 9th. A few days before that though I had this obnoxious like...itching. Idunno I have never had it before but it was crazy. Ended after a few weeks though. Also a few days before my March period was due, I spotted. But I don't mean like your normal spotting, I mean take some toilet paper, take a red pen, and draw two small bright red dots on it. Thats all. Haven't had any bleeding since. Also, I never got my usual PMS breast tenderness but I DID grow like two cup sizes which isn't cool...I was already extremely busty...now its just ridiculous and I have these weird veins and stretch marks. :( And they never went back down. They are still the same over a month later. I also instead got nausea. Especially in the car. Its to the point I am tellin everyone to stop the car or I am unfortunately bombing it especially if I just ate. Then ontop of all of that I developed this weird metallic taste in my mouth. It was fine at first and was just weird until recently it just started to get worse. Went from my teeth to my tongue and now no matter how much I brush my teeth it wont go away. It can even affect my taste if I let it. :/ It can go from metallic to extremely salty as well.
I also stopped sleeping all the time and now I have insomnia, and acid reflux even if I eat oatmeal I am vurping it back up. The neasuea is so bad when I first wake up sometimes I have to take baths in the morning and all I drink now is gingerale. But I am not throwing up. It comes and goes in waves but generally lasts all day. Far as pottying goes I am basically constipated unless I've been nauseous. Then it comes out that end too. Theres a stew of other weird things going on as well.

I'm rambling now but basically, did anyone go and figure out what was causing all of these symptoms? I know its not my medicine because I stopped taking it three weeks after starting. (I even have been having crazy dreams almost everyday, including taking pregnancy tests in a few of them. They were faint positives), and it cant be PMS because its been months and they are consistently everyday...I even missed this months period already.

I took a test last night and one this morning and both were negative. Not even the faintest of a line....So whats the deal here? Starting to think I have diabetes or something else serious. I am planning a day to the doctor but I am thinking maybe canceling it and finding a gynecologist?

I've no real experience with this. When I'm TTC I definitely way over analyze everything in body. Stuff I wouldn't normally think about I'm convinced is a pregnancy symptom. Maybe you're just super in tune with your body? Also your hormone levels could be off- high progesterone will give you symptoms. Also cysts will give you symptoms. I'd definitely see your Gyn

I've no real experience with this. When I'm TTC I definitely way over analyze everything in body. Stuff I wouldn't normally think about I'm convinced is a pregnancy symptom. Maybe you're just super in tune with your body? Also your hormone levels could be off- high progesterone will give you symptoms. Also cysts will give you symptoms. I'd definitely see your Gyn
I got two negatives so I am pretty sure I am not pregnant. (Tested once at night and once in the morning) it just worries me because I mean metallic taste is usually associated with pregnancy unless its something serious. I was trying my best to stay in denial so I don't over analyze and then today its just like "Okay I got the negative...you gonna go away now?"

Will def make an appointment with my gyno!

Sorry you're going through this. I lot of the symptoms you mention I consider to be "unreliable" as an indicator of pregnancy... at least they were for me. Months that I was SURE I was pregnant (but wasn't) I had cravings, was napping and sleeping a lot, and had a very sensitive smell. But for me that just ended up being PMS.

I'd definitely talk to a doctor asap! Missing periods but BFN could be something, and it's likely treatable!! And the earlier you catch things the easier they are to treat.

Sorry you're going through this. I lot of the symptoms you mention I consider to be "unreliable" as an indicator of pregnancy... at least they were for me. Months that I was SURE I was pregnant (but wasn't) I had cravings, was napping and sleeping a lot, and had a very sensitive smell. But for me that just ended up being PMS.

I'd definitely talk to a doctor asap! Missing periods but BFN could be something, and it's likely treatable!! And the earlier you catch things the easier they are to treat.
I know I am not pregnant since I got the negatives, I am just wondering what threw me out of whack. Especially for two periods. I was regular for a year and half, so I thought I was finally gettin somewhere with the spotty periods. :(

It could be to do with being premenopausal, I think? that progesterone surges can cause pregnancy like symptoms which happen at different times in our cycles especially if things are starting to change. Maybe google premenopausal symptoms and see if they are often similar to pregnancy symptoms, hope you get your bfp soon x

It could be to do with being premenopausal, I think? that progesterone surges can cause pregnancy like symptoms which happen at different times in our cycles especially if things are starting to change. Maybe google premenopausal symptoms and see if they are often similar to pregnancy symptoms, hope you get your bfp soon x
After looking it up, that might be it. Espscially since I gained weight. Well, might have to go to school on top of this job and get a better career and do sperm donation while I still can. :( Don't see myself getting married anytime soon.

After looking it up, that might be it. Espscially since I gained weight. Well, might have to go to school on top of this job and get a better career and do sperm donation while I still can. :( Don't see myself getting married anytime soon.

Sadly thats the thing, sometimes fertility needs to be grabbed whilst its there and the jobs have to have a little backseat. What would you study:)

I'm sorry you are doing through this x

Sadly thats the thing, sometimes fertility needs to be grabbed whilst its there and the jobs have to have a little backseat. What would you study:)

I am a film study but I just got a really good job in my fathers office that could take care of me and a child if needed. Will definitely think about it.

Just an update: Still no cycle, been over 3 months now. I am on cd 98. Having trouble gettin in to see a gyno. :/ Getting kinda worried now but I think I am being irrational. Symptom wise just a bit nauseous and I keep getting period fakeouts. :( Hopefully I get answers soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->