If it weren't for this, I'd use this name....

I have always loved the name Luke (mostly due to me being a Star Wars geek) but there was a murder near us some years ago by a teenager called Luke and whenever I have mentioned this name to local family and friends, it gets a comment relating to the murder :-(

I love love love Luna! Nothing bad about it for me. I first knew of it from the anime cartoon Sailor Moon. Luna is the cat, the other cat is Artemis.

I think Allegra is a cute and sweet name but sadly, it's the name of an allergy medicine, I believe and that's all that comes to mind when I hear it because I see the commercial all the time on TV.

If I have a boy one day, I love the name Thomas, but there is another young child in the family with that name and it would look like I'd copied, plus it would get confusing

I love the name Charlie for a boy or girl but alas, that is the name my husband gave to his "man downstairs" years and years ago. I even begged last pregnancy to use it but he insisted it would weird him out! Lol!

I liked the name Cloris and put it onto my list thinking it was cute and different, the first thing DH said was "clitoris?" :dohh:

I also Holly, but it sort of rhymes with our name, and majorly clashes, so can't use that.

I like Iris, and would hope people would identify it with the flower, but whenever I say it, all I can think about is someone's eyeball.

I love the name Charlie for a boy or girl but alas, that is the name my husband gave to his "man downstairs" years and years ago. I even begged last pregnancy to use it but he insisted it would weird him out! Lol!

haha, this made me laugh - we have the same with William, Harry and Sally (I'll leave it to your imagination what these are the nicknames for in our house but needless to say, we wouldn't now want to use them for names of our children!).

I love Jack but my best friends dog is Jack, lol

I picked Deacon for a boy a few years back and everyone said it reminded them of some religious service or something like that. I don't know :nope:
But it's in the baby book and it means "giving."

I kinda liked Gina...but OH pronounced it as if he was going to say vagina...but left the "va" off :dohh:

Lillytame, I could never use Regina because of the same problem. There's definitely only ONE way to pronounce that name lol.

I like Damian, but people say "Isn't that a demon/devil name?" because of The Omen.

I love old-fashioned names like Aloysius, but people say it sounds too much like an adjective, like "He's very aloysius." lol

I like Malachi.....but that reminds me of Children of the corn lol

Avery for a boy, but it makes people think of Aviary (bird's house)

if it weren't for the nick name "Vicky" ugh, can't stand that NN, I would use Victoria as a first name as it is the ONLY name DH and I have agreed on thus far....oh well, middle name I suppose. I also seem to want to identify it with "Vick's" :wacko:

if it weren't for the nick name "Vicky" ugh, can't stand that NN, I would use Victoria as a first name as it is the ONLY name DH and I have agreed on thus far....oh well, middle name I suppose. I also seem to want to identify it with "Vick's" :wacko:

You could always think of other nn for Victoria, like Tori or just simply Vee.

I picked Deacon for a boy a few years back and everyone said it reminded them of some religious service or something like that. I don't know :nope:
But it's in the baby book and it means "giving."

a Deacon is a bit like a part-time priest...ish. They can get married and have kids, but they have a regular job, but they sit next to the priest at mass and wear robes and stuff, and do some readings, and that sort of thing. And they go out into the community to do 'religious churchy-type stuff'.
For example, it was the Deacon from our local church who came round to delivery my DD her First Holy Community preparation book.

I have always loved the color blue and just knew I would some how put the name Bleu into my baby's name (either first or middle). But now that Beyonce has named her child Blue Ivy, it just crushed my dream of using that name! Our kids would be too close in age and I think everyone would think that I copied her :growlmad:. So mad when I heard that lol Going to look up the color in different languages and see if I like any of those...but I really liked Bleu...even if it did remind me of chicken :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->