If one more person asks me..........

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
...................."How are you gonna cope?" I am seriously not gonna bother holding my tongue!

There is this one woman (a mother at the school who I see on a daily basis) who is constantly asking me this! As well as "You're crazy" and "You just wait" even though she only has 2 children who are about 4 years apart!

A lady at the school has recently had her 3rd baby and I was cooing over her and she was telling me how good she was, sleeps well etc and this other woman had to butt in with her "How are you gonna cope?" Errrrmmm excuse me????? The thing that annoyed me most was that earlier this year another lady announced she was pregnant with her NINTH child and this same woman was going on about how she thinks its brilliant and she must be supermum!!! So why am I crazy having 3 but its awesome to have 9????!!!!

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant! Blame the hormones :blush:

Xx

Haha! My OH is the oldest of 11! 25 year age gap. Why don't you ask them how their mom's coped with them?? They were obviously difficult children themselves. :winkwink: Really, I don't understand the criticism either. I say the more the merrier! Stick to your guns :hugs:

We're only on our second and i'm getting these comments!! It's driving me mad!

DS was such a good baby, and it now a good toddler...everyone is convinced I am going to have some sort of melt down and having 2 is going to be "hell on earth" - One person's actual words!! x

"Maybe it's just harder for you because you're not good at it" ;)

Bet that will be the last time she says that!

:hugs: That's so wrong! Its no one's place to tell you whether or not you can manage!

It really irritates me and normally I'm not the type of person to bite back but today arrrrggggghhhhh if she says it again I swear...........

The thing is I never complain about my children! You know only like little things like oooo he's playing up today and she's got an attitude coming but I never moan etc So I really don't know what has given her the idea that I won't cope! Maybe the age gap?! I'm not sure but still!

Xx

I know the feeling! When ppl hear that I am having twins they see fit to laugh and say "That would be my worst nightmare! How are you going to cope?!" Your worst nightmare is to have two (hopefully) healthy babies?! Seriously? I think it is a double blessing! And yes it will be hard work but I am not the first mum to have twins and I think I will manage, thank you!

The "Just you wait" comment is one I get hit with when people find out I'm having twins! I'm pretty sure it'd be tough with just the one but what frustrates me it's never people who've had twins who say this!

Some people just take pleasure in talking about the negative stuff:shrug:

I got that with my third. So annoying!!!!! So far no one has said a thing about me being pregnant with #4... maybe they realize my kids are good and not brats...so adding one more to the bunch isnt a huge OMG.YOU'RE.INSANE. deal.

Just look at those people and say "Well if this child doesn't come out walking, talking & well behaved then I will put it out with the dogs" I bet that will shut them up!! I get those same comments and it makes me so mad!! I had my babies in 99,00,01 and everyone asked me how I did it and I just looked at them and said "what like it's hard". My older 2 are about 11 months apart. Or now I get the comments wow you are going to have to start over, all that crying, lack of sleep and diapers" it's driving me nuts!! Like I didn't know that there is a 7 year gap between my son and this baby. It is my 5th so I think I can handle it. GRRRRRR

I'm one of 7! 20 years between the oldest and youngest! My mum coped just fine! I think it's more down to the person rather than the number of children you have! Don't listen to them! It's as if people think u didn't know what u were expecting when getting pregnant! Lol it's not as if 'bam u have 3 kids all in one go' stupid people!!!!!! Lol xx

I have had a few of the same comments! I expect the first 6 weeks to be pure hell, but I kinda looking forward to it :haha:

:hugs:
The "Just you wait" comment is one I get hit with when people find out I'm having twins! I'm pretty sure it'd be tough with just the one but what frustrates me it's never people who've had twins who say this!

Some people just take pleasure in talking about the negative stuff:shrug:

My sister had twins 8 months ago and because she is VERY selfish I have been taking care of them from birth. Yes it is a little harder than caring for 1 baby but it more us thinking it's hard and when they are both crying it's hard because you feel bad for not picking up the other crying baby first. I learned how to care for twins and I do have a bit of advice for you Twin mommies...if your not breastfeeding then while babies are having a baba put a rolled up receiving blanket under the bottle and change babies towards the end of the bottle that way you can get them both fed and changed with in 30 mins. Don't keep the bottle proped but do it for the change. Also start feeding one baby about a min before the other that way by the time the 2nd baby needs a burp you have done it with the 1st and they can enjoy the rest of their feeding without too much messing with and it will make feedings go a lot easier and in the end you will get more sleep. Also sleep gowns will be your best friend for easy access to change a sleeping baby without waking them up. Just make sure you hold the wipes in your hands for a min or 2 to warm them!! The gowns goes for any baby not just twins.:hugs:

A huge congrats to all mommies to be and a double congrats to TWIN mommies!!

we get the same! its a shame that people dont just do what thier doing - or if there going to say something to you and its not the nicest things in the world then why dont they just say nothing !!!

I get this from my sister as well ... she has 3 and keeps saying just you wait is not as easy as it looks , how are you going to manage with all 3 ... weve taken to saying toher now "didnt you know you were babysitting " :haha:

Your not the only one thats going through this honey!!!

My eldest boy is 9 and my youngest boy is 16 months and yes there will be only 22 months between Thomas and the new baby and all I get is ...

OMG your mad!!

Do you know what your letting yourself in for??

How the hell are you gonna cope with 2!!!

FFS What about women who have twins or triplets????

I will cope .... I will be climbing the walls at some point.... I will want time out..... but I don't give a s**t!!!

I love my boys and they mean the world to me and so will my new buba!!

To be honest I can't wait to have 3 kiddies.... I'm a good parent and I always put my boys first (I can't remember the last time I ate my dinner when it was hot and not tepid or freezing cold or had a bath in peace!!!)

Next time she says something tell her b*******s!!!!

Sorry for long post :hugs:

we get the same! its a shame that people dont just do what thier doing - or if there going to say something to you and its not the nicest things in the world then why dont they just say nothing !!!

I get this from my sister as well ... she has 3 and keeps saying just you wait is not as easy as it looks , how are you going to manage with all 3 ... weve taken to saying toher now "didnt you know you were babysitting " :haha:

My close friend has triplets. I think she is supermom, and don't know how she does it some days, but she does and wouldn't change it for anything in the world. You will do great!

Your not the only one thats going through this honey!!!

My eldest boy is 9 and my youngest boy is 16 months and yes there will be only 22 months between Thomas and the new baby and all I get is ...

OMG your mad!!

Do you know what your letting yourself in for??

How the hell are you gonna cope with 2!!!

FFS What about women who have twins or triplets????

I will cope .... I will be climbing the walls at some point.... I will want time out..... but I don't give a s**t!!!

I love my boys and they mean the world to me and so will my new buba!!

To be honest I can't wait to have 3 kiddies.... I'm a good parent and I always put my boys first (I can't remember the last time I ate my dinner when it was hot and not tepid or freezing cold or had a bath in peace!!!)

Next time she says something tell her b*******s!!!!

Sorry for long post :hugs:

Completely agree! That's the same age gap there will be between mine just with a 7 year old rather than a 9 year old

Both of my children are in bed for 7 and (normally) don't wake til 6ish. Jackson didn't sleep thru til he was 13months and Hollie was 4!!! So I know what I'm letting myself in for. Neither of them have been textbook easy babies and I've coped perfectly fine

Xx

I have had it too girls! And the 'you must be crazy!' and my personal favourite 'well... it can't have been planned!' :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->