if one more person says...

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
"you better get sleep now while you can because when the baby gets here you wont be sleeping"

ughhhh... ya think sleeping good for 9 months is really going to roll over to those sleepless nights? Not at all! I could sleep like a rock the entire pregnancy, but I can promise you after a couple of up all nighters it will knock me down in a minute! It doesn't matter how well you have slept. Clearly I know what to expect so you and everyone else in this world do not need to constantly remind me!

Please tell me there are things that people say that annoy you too and its not just me being totally witchy!

I get tired of people assuming I am having a girl or twins because I am having all day nausea. That is such a ridiculous theory! If it were true 90% of the people I know who are pregnant are having girls or twins right now.

Haha. That's ridiculous. I sleep way better after bubby is born anyway. The combination of hormones and huge tummy/aches and pains keeps me awake through third trimester more than a newborn baby.
Quite frankly, I hate people telling me anything. I've usually successfully had 2-3 times the babies they have, and if I want advice I'm very comfortable asking for it.
BUT, the one thing I hate is my family telling me how exhausted or 'terrible' I look. Really unnecessary.

I get tired of people assuming I am having a girl or twins because I am having all day nausea. That is such a ridiculous theory! If it were true 90% of the people I know who are pregnant are having girls or twins right now.

I couldn't stand when people made crazy assumptions when I was pregnant too! "Ohhhhh you're carrying high and to the left...must be a girl!!" It makes no sense, and there's zero scientific evidence linking any of it lol. I guess they have a 50/50 shot, so maybe they'll feel better when they're right ;)

Haha. That's ridiculous. I sleep way better after bubby is born anyway. The combination of hormones and huge tummy/aches and pains keeps me awake through third trimester more than a newborn baby.
Quite frankly, I hate people telling me anything. I've usually successfully had 2-3 times the babies they have, and if I want advice I'm very comfortable asking for it.
BUT, the one thing I hate is my family telling me how exhausted or 'terrible' I look. Really unnecessary.

ughh! I have gotten this too and this is my FIRST! I mean yeah, thanks for telling me I look like crap! If you were nauseous all the time and tired beyond belief because you were growing a HUMAN inside of you, you'd probably look like crap/tired too!

Oh, another thing I hate...
You see one person and they comment on how big you are. The next person comments on how small you are.
If you have to comment, People, at least get it right!!

Yes all of this!! So annoying! The sleep comment is the worst! I just want to tell people "thank you so much for your advice." In a terribly sarcastic tone but normally I just smile at them haha.

In my first pregnancy I got "omg you're about to pop!" From one person and "wow you're so small!!" In the same hour. I was constantly at the dr asking if my size was okay because people were making me crazy!

I would love if I got more "you look amazing!" Or "I'm so happy for you and the family!"

Damn hormones...:haha:

1. I had a girl, I carried middle and to the right then she flipped and she was right own my midline.
2. AT 37 WEEKS someone didn't think I was pregnant or not that far along. At 39 weeks someone was surprised I was pregnant. I NEVER got the oh I thought you were always the shock that I was... I am no small girl but OMG I hit the door a good 10 inches before the rest of me!
3. Welcome to motherhood is the worst thing you can say to a mom of a crying child who just got their shots!
4. Old people have no freaking idea on what you should and should not do during pregnancy, labor and afterwards. Lol.
5. If someone ever :Viking stabs: (DH words) you to show you the pain you are having is round ligament pain, please slap them!
6. Round ligament pain isn't the only answer for a hurting abdomen I had 2 UTIs back to back early in and only had right side pain. I went in because I couldn't stand the pain anymore!

We only just announced a few days ago, so I haven't gotten any commentary yet, but I'm just waiting for someone to give me the sleep while you can line. I'm getting terrible sleep. I can't take my melatonin, I'm having crazy dreams, my ass hurts if I'm not in exactly the right position, and I'm only at 12 weeks. I was a terrible sleeper before I got pregnant, but it wasn't this bad. I don't even want to think about what the last month is gonna feel like...

I'm still at the point where the idea of people guessing gender based on stupid crap sounds kind of fun, but I'm sure it gets old.

Honestly.... that comment annoyed me too when I would hear it when pregnant with my first. I think it's worded wrong though.
I think it should go more like...

"Enjoy sleeping on your own schedule while you still can. Enjoy getting up when you want... if you don't work that is heh. Enjoy sleeping in when you don't have to work. Enjoy staying up just b/c you want to and not worrying about being tired the next day etc etc."

I think it should be abolished all together! I hate hearing that because we tried for this baby for 3 years so we know what were getting into and we WANT that so we don't need to be reminded and to make us feel like we made a mistake and don't know what were getting into.

I want to say I'm not a freaking bear so I can't hibernate and costume all my sleep for after baby is born

Ahh just stop talking now

And today I got omg your belly is growing!! No really??? Probably because there is a baby in there!!!

People are annoying and I think I'm hormonal lol:)

One thing I can't stand is when I talk about any of my many symptoms, I'll hear "well you've got a long way to go.. " I'm like, okay yeah obviously I know that... Like wtf it feels like they're saying I should shut up or something. I don't think I complain that much! And I really do have EVERY symptom in the book.

"You can't do that you're pregnant!", "You can't do this you're pregnant" like c'mon people I'm only 9 wks. I'm pretty sure walking to the kitchen is not going to kill me or the baby, nor is picking up a 6 pack of water!! I hate being treated like I'm going to break at any moment. Even my midwife said it's not that serious. I understand women w/ major illness, then yes they do have stricter restrictions, but mine aren't fatal at all, and I've explained that to no avail. I'm not doing any overly exterting activity so why the hassle. Thanks but no thanks. I'm too irritable at this moment for all of the unnecessary.
Damn these hormones :growlmad:

haha! our hormones :)

in seriousness though.. I totally agree about the bear thing :haha: if we could , I'm sure people would have started that many, many, many years ago!

You better hope s/hes worth it.. Because my morning sickness.. I think to my self being chained to a wall whipped would be worth bein blessed with another child

haha! our hormones :)

in seriousness though.. I totally agree about the bear thing :haha: if we could , I'm sure people would have started that many, many, many years ago!

Yah like really!!

The other day I went to the vending machine, to get a juice I might add

This lady goes u can't have soda! I said for your info I'm having a juice she said no sugar young lady!

Oh my lol

It's only a matter of time til I get to ask my mom when she got her midwifery degree ;)

well I must be breaking all the rules!

I don't drink coffee so my source of caffeine has always been a soda. I don't binge drink soda or anything but I usually have about 1 a day to keep me from falling onto my face from exhaustion!

I also drink Kool-Aid, lemonade, caffeine-free drinks.. and I do drink water! I just drink so much more now than I did before I got pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->