if someone owed you money?

2nd.Time.Daddy

Reaction score
If a friend owed you money and had not payed it back and it was a very large amount , would you hesitate in taking them to court if you got the oppurtunity?

This friend that owes the money , has owed it to me for over 3 years and has never payed a penny and its £4500. Always an excuse and always a lie when it comes to paying.

im only asking as some people think i shouldnt have done it and some think i should. i have no doubt in my mind that he deserves everything he gets.

leaving me £4500 short totally screwed me

He also told me before i sold him the items that he had £10,000 coming , and that was what i would be getting payed with. i didnt question him as i trusted him , but i later found out from his best mate that there was never £10,000 at all and he never had any money coming.

hes not a friend anymore and i have not seen him for over a year and to be honest if i did see him i think i would end up getting arrested , that is the main reason why i just stay away and i live 2 hours away from him now so that helps :rofl:

today he got the court papers on his doorstep , one for him and one for his mum as they both signed a contract saying they owed me the money and his mum lied to me just as much as he did.

any opinions on this would be great

and no one call me an idiot for letting him owe me the money coz i know what a complete twat i was :happydance:

As you say you have a contract and you've given him every opportunity then I would do exactly the same thing.
It'll be a nice shock for him but I really think you're doing the right thing.

Cx

I would do the same especially as there is a contract involved and you have had no contact in a year
He has taken you for a pillock and deserves everything he gets.

I'm just presuming that you have given him plenty of opportunities to pay you or come to some sort of arrangement

I would do the same especially as there is a contract involved and you have had no contact in a year
He has taken you for a pillock and deserves everything he gets.

I'm just presuming that you have given him plenty of opportunities to pay you or come to some sort of arrangement

set up 3 payment plans and he didnt make a single payment on any of them

Ah well he is a tosser then and deserves taking to court so much for him being a friend!!

Ah well he is a tosser then and deserves taking to court so much for him being a friend!!

known him since i was about 12 , turned in to a complete loser and hes lost alot of friends in the past couple of years

Think it makes it worse when you have known them so long and trust them.then they turn into a loser that you don't recognise
Growing up tends to add the loser factor to a lot of people LOL

there was no contract at first , it was just a friend thing but afer him not paying for about 18 months. i typed one up and his and his mum signed it , just wanted to protect myself.

Well you definitely did the right thing, you have the proof that it is owed, i just hope they aren't told to repay you at £5 a month or something stupid.
Good luck with it anyway and keep us updated how you get on

i dont think they will be as its against him but as its against his mum aswell then his dad automatically counts towards it aswell.

to be honest i just hope he ignores it for the 14 days , then the baliffs go in and i get every penny back wih interest.

I say screw him for everything he has got, okay so his finances may have changed but he could have at least tried to make some sort of payments. He has taken advantage of you and you have been more than fair, I remember you chasing the guy for payment over a year ago!

well i have just found out a few things from a mate

6 months ago he payed around £4000 cash for a VW gti year 2000

he quit his job 3 weeks ago and now lives on sick benefits for depression and panic attacks. i know full well that he just smokes way to much cannabis and takes to much cocaine. He had a very good job as a recruitment consultant.

his mum and dad split up last month and now he lives with his mum round the corner.

and to top it off he has a kid and hes with the mum but the mum and kid live in another house.

on the plus note hes obviously got money still and the car is worth nearly what he owes me.

Hmmm looks like you might have a nice Golf coming your way Dan
From what you have just written he sounds like a right sponging waste of space.
Would love to know how people like that get benifits straightaway when they have quit a perfectly good job Grrrrrrrr

Hmmm looks like you might have a nice Golf coming your way Dan
From what you have just written he sounds like a right sponging waste of space.
Would love to know how people like that get benifits straightaway when they have quit a perfectly good job Grrrrrrrr

elaines friend has the same job as him and rakes in £1000+ a week

My dad has a heart attack , has siaticia , serious angina , bowel problems and he fought for over a year for the right to get diasbility allowance. and all he gets is something stupid like £17 a week

What a twat!

Sod it the asshole deserves what he gets i say.

Bloody hate benfit scroungers hope he gets his compupance ... knob!

xxx

complete and utter tosser and he deserves everything he gets

go to court, get your money then invest a little of it in sending a good kicking his way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->