if the babys dad.....

teen mummy

Amelias mummy
Reaction score
if the babys dad doesnt have his name on the birth certificate does he have any parental rights??
Amelias dad is such a b***erd and i dont want anything to do with him so was wondering if he had any rights.
Hannah
xxxx

No, he has no rights. No name on birth certificate, has nothing to do with her and never has... he has none at all :)

I feel the same as you so i asked and he has no rights what so ever!!!!

Its great having your little one all to yourself without the hassle of a man!!

I guess it depends on if he takes it further like to court and asking for a DNA test and it's proven he's the father. Also you won't be able to claim any money off him either if his name's not on the certificate.

Does he want to see her???? Or are you just talking hypothetically?

put it this way when i was in labour he sent me a txt saying
"i hope the baby dies and takes you with it, i want nothing to do with you or your F*****g family anymore"
so im sorta guessing he dont want to see her lol thankgod!
xxxxx

OH MY GOD! what a message to receive when in labour!!!!
he's an utter b******!!!! sounds very very immature, and your daughter is better off without him in her life thats for sure...
maybe one day he will remember he has a child and bitterly regret missing out on seeing he grow up, ha it will be too late and serves him right!
well done for being so positive and your daughter is lovely xxx

No rights at all hun, thats the mistake I mad when I was in the emotional overwhelming state after having her, he couldnt get me to register her birth quick enough!! now i regret it BIG TIME x

aww huni :hugs:

ano what cheek and then 3 days later he got his FRIENDS!!! to call me up to ask if he could see her well of course i sed no and hung up :)

xxxxx

i thought after a certain date *forget what it is* that you have to, by law put the fathers name on the birth certificate if you knew?

as somebody else mentioned if he does go through the solictor/court route and gets a dna test and it proves him as the father then it's not all black and white... from what you've said about him it wouldn't shock me 1 bit if he did that just to get back at you.

dads have equal rights as us, reguardless of what a waste of space they are! from what my sol told me when me and ex were going through them (loooong story) he said that if he takes the piss i could stop him seeing the baby and then the whole process just starts over again, if ex wanted *shrug* not sure what happens after that?

as much as you ex sounds like a rat to you and you two don't get on, don't forget that your baby has a right to see/know her dad. the amount of times i've wanted totell my ex to p off but have held my mouth because of our son isunreal (even though i'm 100% certain he'd be better off without... but it's his right and it isn't my place to stop him because idon't think he's up toscratch. i have a health visitor coming out to speak about/to my son due to what his dad is like and he's only 3, so although it's his right to see him it's also in my opinion my right to ensure my son is both mentally and physically well :( and right now that don't seem the case, though i have pushed and pushed and pushed it with my ex to take more of an interest :( so unless something changes i think i will have to take things further, which of course is not what i want at all) :x the things we put up with as mothers!!!!

xXx

What an idiot he sounds, god sending you that message in labour :hugs: Has he contacted you since a few days after?

yer but thats the thing hes abusive, he drinks, doesnt have a job, quit college, and does heroin and crystal meth.
how can i let him come anywhere near my daughter, ok yer she has rights but im not letting her near him like this
xxxxx

and no he has had no contact since

You should be fine unless he petitions for a DNA test. But like someone else mentioned, you won't be able to get any child support payments from him either.

He sounds awful! :hugs:

yer but thats the thing hes abusive, he drinks, doesnt have a job, quit college, and does heroin and crystal meth.
how can i let him come anywhere near my daughter, ok yer she has rights but im not letting her near him like this
xxxxx

why was you with him? he sounds awful! if he took it further i bet you'd get the whole contact centre/supervised visit spiel. *rolls eyes* nobody likes saying no todads these days do they? this whole dads have same rights annoys me no end.

my ex has same parental responsibility yet does f/a. i gave up my life/career/figure... everything. he has and can have whatever he wants in life and just fucking abuses it! honest to god, it's like a chore for him to see his son! i've told him so much that the baby misses him and that he sits talking to himeself, debating if he loves his daddy or not because he's in and out...past 2-3weeks he's seen him 3.5hours :( as much as i say this though all i can think is my son will hate me when he gets older thinking i've took his daddy away when all i've done past year+ is try and get his dad to make an effort. god. i could cry :( weather that's my 33week preg hormones or casue he's a rat i'm not sure :lol:

xXx

i thought after a certain date *forget what it is* that you have to, by law put the fathers name on the birth certificate if you knew?

unless it is different there, than here, this is not the case. My fathers name has never been on my birth certificate, yet everyone knew he was our legal father. It later on prevented him from being able to get custody of my sister and I out of the foster system too, even though he had a lawyer working with him to get custody of us...

Well if he's doing all those drugs and stuff then it's probably not likely for him (even if he does go through court) to get anything but supervised visits. So at least even if he makes the effort to get rights he wont be allowed to be alone with her, the court almost always sides with the mother (not always a good thing, but in this case it would be). I wouldn't want someone like that near my daughter either.

Surely, just not having a name on a birth certificate doesn't mean that you don't have any rights EVER to that child? I'd check that out. After all - what would you have done if he had registered the baby without you knowing and not put your name down? Would you just accept the fact that you have no rights? I'm pretty sure that he could request a DNA test.

put it this way when i was in labour he sent me a txt saying
"i hope the baby dies and takes you with it, i want nothing to do with you or your F*****g family anymore"
so im sorta guessing he dont want to see her lol thankgod!
xxxxx

I hope you kept that text message!!! Just in case he ever does try anything, you would have some proof as to what his personality is like!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->