If this is baby number 3 (or more!) for you can I ask a question?

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
How long did it take? Especially if the first two were conceived quickly.

We're about to embark on baby number three. Our first two children were made very quickly.

In fact, this is the first child that we'll be actively trying for, planned and everything.

So of course I'm paranoid that it'll be my pot luck that the one we actively 'try' for will take ages. And I really don't want to have to use OPK's or all the other daunting methods.

My GP said that if the first came quickly then history tends to repeat itself, which is why I've come here to ask how true that may be.

Thank you for reading.

Please excuse my 'pregnant' bit under my name. I don't know how to change it. It's from last time and my 'pregnancy' is now a 4.5 year old boy!

Hi well for me my first wasnt planned so unsure on that but my twins where pretty made fast as I took clomid and then my little girl shes 2 was 5 months after them... not trying :haha: then Again 4 months tops not really trying or opking either :flower: I like to just see what happends I kinda know in myself if Its the right time but I did used to stress my self with the twins before I got pregnant ( I brought it offline :dohh: and took it myself without the Doc's knowing very silly of me but I was trying for a year! ) first time I was pregnant after taking clomid xxx

Your story sounds just like mine!!! My first 2 kids we did not try for but were pleasant surprises:) Our 3rd baby was the first one we actually planned to conceive. We conceived our 3rd baby the first month or trying. I had all 3 of my kids in 3.5 years. They are now 7.5, 5.5 and almost 4. I am now pregnant with #4. Total shock as we were done at 3! Lol Life is full of surprises! Good luck to you:)

The more pregnancies I have, the better my fertility seems to get. I might not be very helpful to you then, as it took me 8 years to have my first. We didn't really use contraception after him, just briefly the mini pill and condoms, so it didn't take as long to get Sophie but still more than a year. Then this time I had a chemical pregnancy followed by this pregnancy the next cycle.

3 cycles for #1 including pill withdrawn. 2 cycles #2 & this one we discussed for aaaages & finally started trying I bought opks but honestly think I only caught the end of my surge. Opks started coming back positive again when af was due & I suspected is was preg took a few tests & blamo.... bfp!!So that was like mid cycle starting so 2-3 weeks of trying. It was meant to be. GL & enjoy the baby dancing! X

My first took about 8 months to conceive but i th8nk that was due to lack of knowledge and understanding of fertile periods etc. Second was conceived first month of trying. And this one has taken about 4 cycles as they had been irregular after coming off the pill. X

First cycle on first three pregnancies (pregnancy #3 ended in MC), and then 6 cycles for baby #3.

My first was 2 cycles, then I thought we would'nt be so lucky the 2nd time round so decided to try earlier than we were really ready and caught straight away lol, so this time we waited till we were ready, I half expected it to take ages, but no, caught straight away again!

My first was 2 cycles of NTNP, 2nd was whilst I was on the pill and 3rd was 6 months of trying :)

My first was a surprise. There were about 5 cycles that we were less than careful with and the 5th turned into my son haha.

My second we planned and ttc. First cycle. Bam! Pregnant :)

This time was also a surprise! We were being careful but (TMI) my husband pulled out and one time there was a teeny bit (like a little drop) that came out near my opening. Pregnant!

I guess we're extremely fertile lol!

My first child was a surprise and was conceived a few weeks after my ex and I started dating. My second child was a surprise as well, conceived the one month that my insurance messed up my birth control (so I couldn't take it). We were trying for our third, but didn't use OPKs or anything. She took 13 months to conceive, which was shocking to me because our first two were conceived so quickly.

With my OH, we were trying for 12 months before we conceived this baby. However, I got pregnant and had a chemical after 6 months and then got pregnant again (and suffered another loss) two months after that. This baby was conceived 3 months after my last loss.

My situation is a little different, though, because I have both endometriosis and PCOS, which I'm pretty sure tends to get worse as time goes on.

All of mine have been 'surprises',(especially no.6) or month 1&2 of ttc 😃 x

3 cycles for num 1 ( newbie unsure of timing )
Ist time the other 3 preg
Best of luck x

My 3rd too 12 months after only a cycle or 2 with my 1st two kids.
I did get pregnant at 6 months but had a miscarriage then 2 months later but had a chemical. Im pregnant with #4 now by surprise without try lol

1st cycle for all three. We are very thankful and lucky!

My first was planned - took about 5 months. My second was a surprise and happened after just one time! So I must have been pretty fertile! Then with this baby it happened first shot. We dtd a few times, last time being a few days before ovulation and it happened. I am very surprised. So I'd definitely say it can happen fast!!!

1st - 3rd cycle (didn't know much about timings then)
2nd - 2nd cycle (early mc)
3rd - 2nd cycle
4th - tried for 2 cycles, had a break for a couple of months, then got bfp on 4 cycle trying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"