If this is your first, why did you wait until now?

Jaime313

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to BnB. I'm 34 right now, but I will be 35 in a couple of months so I will surely be 35+ when/if I have a baby. We just began TTC.

For us, we had so many issues to work out before our marriage was in a good place to bring a baby into it. We also wanted to buy our first home, which we did last year. That is why we waited until now, when we know our marriage is solid, communication is worlds better, and we are really ready.

So why has everyone else waited until this point in your life if this is your first attempt at TTC?

Short version - hadn't met the right man :shrug:...... Long version below...

I married age 30 and came off pill, wasn't really TTC but didn't want not to. Then after no luck in 3 years got loads of tests and had 2 rounds of ICSI (V low sperm count for him). He had a drink problem and I'm not sure if this was the cause but he "claimed" it was every other reason imaginable and I fell for the excuses.

On the second ICSI I discovered he was downing 1+ litres of vodka a day and on my embyo implant day, when I wasn't supposed to be alone as I could have reacted to drugs and DIED he drank so much he passed out at 5pm leaving me in pain and trying to cook, clean up after him etc. :growlmad: Needless to say ICSI didn't work - in retrospect a good thing - and divorce soon followed.

Now age 42 I have a wonderful new man, who barely drinks! but before TTC we needed to make sure the relationship was 'right'. Started TTC about 18 months ago, got BFP after 7 months, but miscarried at 9 weeks last December.

Now trying again.

I'm 4th generation of 40+ Mums, so still really hopeful. :happydance:

J

Had not met someone i could have children with until now. I always thought id have children by the time i hit 30 cos i thought id have settled by then. Sometimes life doesnt work out how u would like

I'm 35 and have been with OH since I was 17. We went on the pill nearly straight away. A few houses later, good jobs, eventually got married and at 33 thought, stuff it, I'm coming off the pill, hoping and praying for a surprise :bfp: No luck and now three years later. Tomorrow I start my first IUI. OH has antibodies in his sperm which kills them off. We're also on IVF waiting list :-(

Im one of those people, i guess, who did all i wanted to do, while hoping and praying id meet someone who i could have children with.

My mum was pregnant with me at 19 and all through my early life i could only ever imagine myself as a young mum, but hey, life had different ideas, lol!

I met my now husband in my first year at Uni as a mature student and a year after i graduated we decided to ttc, at 37. 2 mc's later and a diagnosis of an underactive thyroid, im still ttc at 40 (dh is nearly 37) and i hope i shall be victorious in the end.

As the sig says, hope springs eternal! :)

Babydust to all, OMi xxx

Serendippy and HappyJacky .. I'm with you. Just never felt I was with the person who I wanted to be tied to forever. I finally met him almost 7 years ago but he is 14 years younger than me (he lied about his age when I met him!). I'm 40 and he's 26 now so I no longer feel like I would be tying him down ... and he did propose in Feb last year ... so here I am :)

Hey ladies I am so with you on this.

I was in a long term relationship from the age of 22 until 33 but somehow just didn't feel like he was the guy that I wanted to have kids with. Something held me back and so we parted.

I am now 37 and did not meet my DH until I was 35 we only married 9 months ago but have been TTC for 14 months. It is weird as I just knew from early on that this was the guy for me and being with him has made me really want babies. Kinda sucks now that we seem to be having trouble getting the BFP.

We have both been tested and all ok so labelled with unexplained infertility and now in my first month of Letrozole. Hoping this does the trick.

Good luck to all of you ladies, I am sure we will get there and be amazing parents when the time comes:hugs:

I met my husband when I was 29 and he was only 25. (I am currently 35 and he is 31). He had just moved out of his parents house and well, I was a really young 29. I don't know, I have no regrets and I don't think I would have been ready sooner (unless I had met him sooner), but life happends for a reason. I was always on the fence re. kids, but I think it was just to protect myself as I spent most of my twenties single and didn't think I'd meet that special someone. Anyway, I did and 6 yrs later here we are. We just got married in Feb. on the beach in Mexico. We have our house, decent jobs, are super in love... just need a baby. Unfortunately I had a mc two weeks ago. Trying to stay positive and look to the future. Can't wait to start trying again. We fell pregnant after 3 cycles so hopefully it won't take too long again and this time it will stick!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->