if ur baby goes to daycare, help me!

suzan

Reaction score
Without exaggerating, my son seems different since going to daycare a week ago. He stays there 7 hours.. when I bring him home, he seems always sad.. I try to make him smile/laugh, but most of the times he doesnt.. he would smile once or twice

Is this normal??????????? he is mad at me, isnt he :cry:

Sam goes to daycare hun and he is the same :rofl:
he crys wen i pick him up to go home but he soon settles back down x

I'm sure he's not mad at you! Maybe he's tired after a long day at daycare? Don't worry, your happy little guy will return when he settles into his routine.

i know how you feel hun. i leave ali in a nursery for about 4-5 hours every day and i know he has great fun there but when i pick him up he is weird. he won't look at me for ages or smile at all. i was really worried about it and spoke to the staff and they said sometimes the child will snub the parent for a bit. i know ali is having fun cos when i arrive (before he sees me) he is playing like mad without a care in the world. not sure of the answer, hope it improves over time...and no, they don't hate us. i think they are just a little miffed at not being with mummy 24/7.

Jack is the same, this is just because he plays all day and only has one hour sleep when he is there. When he comes home it is too late to sleep so usually is grumpy till bed..

max also is quite grumpy when coming back from daycare , like the girls said its mostly because there so over stimulated at daycare so when they come home and its quite time they go a tad nuts lol

My son is the same way. For the first week, I was so sad! But now I've realized that he just plays all day and by the time he gets home he's exhausted! It's been two weeks now and he's starting to get used to the routine and getting a little happier when he comes home. It'll just take some time.

Seth was like this at first for a couple of weeks but soon settled down and now he's a very happy baby.

Its a big change for him hun so it might knock him off a bit but he'll bounce right back when he gets used to it :)

I know its hard but try not to get too upset :hugs:

xxx

Hopefully, he'll settle and it's just adjusting.

However, I'd keep an eye on him and if his personality seems to be changing, I suggest checking the day care carefully as something may be off. Maybe he's being left to cry or not getting 'needed' attention, etc.

Trust your instincts and if something seems wrong, check into it. He's too little to tell you what's wrong so acting different may be a sign.

Hopefully, it's just the adjusting period but it's always better to be overly concerned than not concerned enough :) in my opinion especially as you are trusting the care of your child to these people.

Our LO seems okay at day care and we didn't have many problems at all but I still have anxieties about leaving her there.

Good luck and hopefully he'll adjust shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->