If we don't give up enough .. now baths!?

sam3starxx

Expecting baby no 2
Reaction score
As our precious little beings grow in us we have to sacrifice our favourite foods, caffeine and so on .....

But hot bubble baths as well? :(

How many of us are still having cheeky baths though? I have heard so much on this it's very equally sided so hard to tell whether it's ok or not!!

I've had one but kept it luke warm but it just wasn't the same so literally got out within 15 mins ....

Anyone else quit "hot" baths or still having them?

I actually just heard about this recently. I took baths with each of my previous pregnancies the entire time (not hot tub hot but warmer than lukewarm) and my kids never suffered ill effects from it. I think they just want you to avoid being in a hot tub because it is constantly hot whereas baths eventually cool down so your uterus adjusts to the temperature accordingly. At least that's what my midwife told me when I called her...

As to caffeine, I suffer from migraine headaches due to hormone changes and my midwife told me I'm allowed a cup or two of a caffeinated beverage a day but no more. Since I'm afraid of caffeine overload, I just drank caffeinated tea instead (because it has less caffeine than pop) and it did help with the headaches.

I had hot baths with my pregnancy, just not burning hot. My OB said that by the time the tub is filled, the water starts cooling, unlike a hot tub which has a heater that keeps the water hot the whole time you're in there. Wasn't about to give up my baths!

I hurt so bad this pregnancy that I still enjoy a bath once or twice a week. I just make sure its not too hot.

I took a bath every single day with my 1st two pregancies (warm not hot) my kids are fine. Only reason I didn't with my other pregnancies is because we moved and the master bathroom only has a stand up shower.

I bathed with both my previous pregnancies and it didn’t do them any harm. I do love a bath :cloud9:

I had pretty hot baths through both my first 2 pregnancies and both girls are fine. I've also been having them on average every 2 days in this pregnancy and she's growing well xx

I bathed with my 2 previous pregnancies. It helped my back pain so much.

I take a bath every single day, it really helps me relax and relieve all that pregnancy tension/stress.

I keep tabs on my water temp. I keep it beow 100 F. TBH that still isn't hot to me.....I measured bath water the way I like it and it's at least 110 degrees F! Hot tubs aren't even hot to me!!

SO I have to be careful which is why I monitor it. But I take a good long soak every day.

I read main thing is keep your body temp below 102. If you Google some will suggest you bath at 98.6, body temperature, but that is kind of cold to me. Other sources say under 100.

I hate how I get so stressed though with something I love so much!!!!! I feel you.

Oh and I drink one caffeinated drink a day max. Of course I feel guilty.

PS. Did the same daily baths with my DS and he is great and about to turn 6!

Thanks ladies!! I just think I'm over paranoid due to the miscarriage in August.
Been 6 years since my last pregnancy!!
I had a bath, kept it warm. Definitely missed the lobster heat though!! Least the Mr will be happy he won't cook if he joins me lol (twin tub bath).
I still have the cheeky one coffee a day! It's the only way I get through work!

I'm avoiding baths only because I don't enjoy it unless it's super hot! I normally soak and top up the hot water whilst I'm lying there. I think if you bathe with caution :haha: then you'll be good!

I couldn't avoid them haha. For me it's not just the heat but the soothing sound of the water, the smells of the bubbles, being locked away from everyone else ;) . I read my magazine and it's bliss!

Sometimes if if starts to feel cold I'll blast hot water on my feet for a few seconds haha.

The only thing that DOES worry me is I didn't know I was pregnant until after 5 weeks so I had been taking hot baths that time. :(

Oh gosh, I have got to be the worst at being pregnant. Don't take prenatals, eating deli meat and soft eggs, honestly if I took baths as a normal part of my life I'd do that too but who has time for a bath with kids! And I'm only back on coffee now that my aversion was gone -- couldn't drink it for weeks! Just do what keeps you sane ladies, what you need to know you did the best for your pregnancy and baby xx It'll be over before you know it and hopefully you'll have time for a bath when your baby is here!!

Yeah the good old sitz baths lol!!!

Haha I can't take prenatals as they make me sick, so I take a b vitamin and a DHA chewy thing and every other day I steal one of my son's Flinestone's. Gosh I wish I could handle the whole shebang but not right now when I'm still so sick. And i know first tri is when baby needs them most, right?!?!

My SO got me a bathtub thermometer, so I can keep it at a safe temp. I refuse to give up baths, it is one thing that really relaxes me during discomfort. How did we ever survive with our parents not knowing these things 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->