If/when the day comes, how did/will you share your BFP with DH & family & friends?

bighouse

Reaction score
While I'm WTT, I've found myself wondering how I might share the big news with my hubby if I ever get a BFP. Any ideas? We aren't TTC until later this summer, but in the meantime I've been trying to think up some creative ideas for creatively sharing the big announcement with DH (If I do get a BFP). I feel like it's the vice-versa of the proposal! I want to think up something fun & creative for sharing the news with him first, but also our family & friends as well. Any ideas?

Not sure about how I'll tell DH...I feel like he'll be able to guess before I can tell him creatively...I have such a sensitive stomach, so I might be visibly sick or something. Hopefully I can surprise him in a cool way though! There are lots of blog posts and lists online about this, and some of the ideas sound great!

For our family, we are living in China until July, so if I become pregnant and am at least 12 weeks when we move home, I plan on wearing a t-shirt that says "hi grandma and grandpa!" on the tummy for the flight home.

Once family knows, I plan to post a belly pic on Facebook with a little sign made on my iPad that says "made in China" with an arrow pointing to my belly :) a friend of a friend did this, so it's not my own idea, but it was so cute!

I'd really like to tell my DF in a cute way this time around (DS was an "oopsie" baby, so he was right there waiting for the result with me, lol). I'm not really sure how I'm going to do it though, with him or my family members. :wacko:

I was thinking about giving him a poppy seed bagel for breakfast and then cooking a dinner with all "baby" related food items (baby carrots, baby corn, lamb, ect) and see if he takes the hint. :haha:
Our anniversary is also in June, so if we get pregnant right away (we might be trying in May) then I could always buy or make a cake with a special message on it to let him know that we're pregnant or for Father's Day I could give him a card that is from both DS and baby #2 and tape the positive test inside. If we don't get pregnant right away though then I'm not really sure exactly how I'll tell him barring the food idea.

As far as family goes I was thinking that we could maybe pick up a children's book of some kind and give a copy to each set of parents with a note on the inside that says something along the lines of "Please read this to us sometime! From DS and his little brother or sister"

If you're planning to try in late summer then you could always tell people with your Halloween costume if you get pregnant before then. If you get pregnant right away you should be around 12 weeks by then. A lot of women have done pregnancy related costumes (like dressing up as an oven and taping a picture of a bun to their tummy) as their way of telling people that they're pregnant.

I had all kinds of great plans for telling my DH...but unfortunately I tested at 6am and when the line came up I ran into the bedroom screeching and woke him up! Oh well!

I would want to give my OH a NY Giants jersey with a matching little baby Giants jersey under it :happydance:

LOL I don't know what I'd do. I read this post though and asked DH if he would want something special and he says he would :p. Depending on the time, we could do Christmas presents and have it be something like the book above (so cute!) or something like that. We will think of something lol. Cute thread!

I just thought I would drop it in to casual conversation with my family

Honestly I've never thought about how I will tell.

We are both into Doctor Who in a big way, so I'm thinking for a Facebook reveal which is some play on TARDIS/companion/bigger on the inside. :haha:

My husband will be right beside me when I test!

I just woke up DH and told him...yeah, not creative.

We haven't told family yet as I am only 6+3weeks. A few friends know because I need some support from somewhere!

The plan for telling DH's parents in a few weeks: order some custom cookies with options for grandparent names "bubbe" "papa" "grandma" "zayde" with question marks and have it delivered to their house (they live out of state)

My parents already have 2 grandchildren from my brother, so that idea won't work for them. One suggestion I got was to send them a baby picture frame (they are out of state too) with a note saying the picture will come at the end of Sept. I am also contemplating having a friend of mine who crochets make a baby hat and booties and take them over to my mom. She was actually pretty excited about being the messenger. But I don't know...I am open to more suggestions. My first appointment is on Feb. 18th so I have a little more time to decide.

I would like to get a mug with Best Daddy or something like that and put it in the kitchen cupboard with the test in it then ask him for a cup of tea. But I am rubbish with secrets so will prob also just end up waking him up screeching at him with excitement! Xx

I plan to get a t-shirt for my DD that says "big sister" and have her wear it on family visits and see how long it takes people to notice, that will be for family and close friends. My DH will be with me when I test.

For everyone else I'm planning to a have a photo of DHs,mine and DDs shoes lined up with a little pair of booties and a little bit of text that says "coming soon" or "due ...." And then the month, their not my ideas though.

You should have a look on Pinterest some of the pregnancy announcements on there are adorable!

There will be no surprising DH.. as I will just as excited as he will be. But for his parents I thought we would put together a slide show of all the years we have been together. Then have 2015 (hopefully) and have a video of us walking into the bathroom to check for our BFP! Might take a few tries, lol. Then we can capture our initial shock and excitement and video tape theirs while they watch :) Something to that extent anyway!

If Hubby's not with me when I test I'm planning on buying a Belgium Bun and putting it in the oven then when he gets in asking him to check on the dinner then when he's confused tell him to say what he see's - a bun in the oven :) and wait for the penny to drop! ;)

For family i'm gonna scan and print copies of our scan picture and send it in a frame with a note that says 'can't wait to meet you grandma & gang gang, auntie&uncle ect...

(Not that i've put much thought into this!! ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->