If you are 31-35 yrs, How long did it take to get pregnant?

ashley2pink

Mom to 4 girls
Reaction score
Just curious for those of you between 31-35 yrs old, how long it took you to get pregnant?
My first 3 kids were all conceived in my early to mid 20's. We took kind of a long time to start trying for #4 but I guess since my other kids were conceived right away I kind of assumed this one would too. I am 33 now (almost 34) and have been trying for 6 months and no luck yet :(

Looking to see how long it took others around my age and if you used any fertility treatments or did anything different the cycle you did get pregnant?

Thanks!

When I got pregnant with my son I had literally just turned 36. It took 3 months and we did nothing different.

I'm older than the age group you want . I'm forty but it took me and my wife 12 months to conceive this little one. They say it takes the average couple 12 months to conceive .

I’m currently almost 36 weeks pregnant with my third and I’m now 34. I was 33 when I conceived him. It happened in the first month - we actually weren’t trying, we just got a bit carried away one day and knocked up from one incident. :haha: We were planning on having a third but not trying until this year, so it just happened earlier than expected.

Don’t stress too much about it taking a bit longer. My first was also conceived from one ‘oops’ at age 28, but my second took 5 months of trying at age 31, then back to one cycle for our third at age 33. So it can definitely vary without being indicative of a problem.

I’m about 5 weeks pregnant with #3. I am 35, turning 36 in June. We were extremely happy and very blessed to fall pregnant first cycle trying.

With my first pregnancy (age 31), I fell pregnant immediately as well, but it was a blighted ovum. So we tried immediately after mc again and fell pregnant two cycles later with our DS.

With DD I was 33 and fell pregnant first cycle.

I do have a friend same age as me (35) who started ttc #1 beginning of last year and she is planning on going for further tests and her husband is going for semen analysis.

All the best for you hun. I really hope it happens for you soon. Please let us know. Xx

Thank everyone.
I've been worrying myself over why its not working this time. First 2 kids took 1 cycle each. I also had a miscarriage between them and that took 1 cycle to conceive. My 3rd dd took 2 cycles. I guess Im just surprised it's taking so long this time :( My anxiety has been bad the last couple of months which I think is due to feeling like I have no control over the situation. I did get day 21 blood work done a couple days ago and my progesterone was normal at 19.5. TSH (thyroid) was 3.4 which they said was normal. Prolactin was normal too. Up next is my day 3 blood work to check estrogen and FSH. If all that is normal then I guess I will have to get my fallopian tubes checked and also make sure I have no c-section adhesions. My 2nd and 3rd were c-sections so maybe I have excess scarring/adhesions? That can prevent implantation. MY DH already had a semen analysis a couple weeks ago and they said everything was normal. The only thing that was a little borderline was morphology but they said it's not that concerning and I did some googling and read that low morphology isn't normally a problem if sperm count is high.

3-4 cycles. But, I've been trying 7 months, my cycles are just incredibly long and irregular. Once I was put on femara and I knew when i was going to ovulate, I got pregnant that same cycle. :)

Hi, I was worried cos I conceived my daughter first cycle at 27 and this one took me 4 months at 33. I know it sounds stupid but at the time it felt like forever. I think it s just the stress about getting older and wanted to get pregnant fast.

MY DH already had a semen analysis a couple weeks ago and they said everything was normal. The only thing that was a little borderline was morphology but they said it's not that concerning and I did some googling and read that low morphology isn't normally a problem if sperm count is high.

In case you haven’t tried it yet - Maybe using something like Preseed will be beneficial? - any little bit that helps O:) .

I was 32 with my first and I conceived on the 3rd month. I was 34 with my second and conceived on the 2nd month.

MY DH already had a semen analysis a couple weeks ago and they said everything was normal. The only thing that was a little borderline was morphology but they said it's not that concerning and I did some googling and read that low morphology isn't normally a problem if sperm count is high.

In case you haven’t tried it yet - Maybe using something like Preseed will be beneficial? - any little bit that helps O:) .

We have been since the 1st month. I dont usually use the applicators. just use as regular lube. First couple months we did use the applicators when I knew I would be ovulating.

I'm 37. It took me two cycles the first two times. My first is now 4 and then the 2nd pregnancy just before this one ended in mc. I got pregnant the first cycle we started trying again after the mc with this baby. I'm blessed to be very fertile though. Other than charting ovulation and eating generally healthy and being relaxed (lots of wine!), I've not done anything special to make that happen (that's why I'm getting my tubes tied very shortly after this baby is born!). The only thing I'd say is I probably drank a lot more wine the cycles we got pregnant. My two healthy pregnancies we were on holiday when I ovulated, so really relaxed and enjoying myself, but I'm not sure that's why it happened.

With DS I was 25 yo when we conceived and it took us 6 months. With #2 it took 2.5 years and I was 26/27 yo when we started trying. With this one, at 33 yo, it took us 3 cycles; we were surprised at how quickly we got it this time.

I used Preseed this time...not sure if that made the difference or not. GL

Im 30 so just slightly out of your age group but honestly think it’s just luck some of the time.
I’ve just got a bfp after 2 cycles for #4 but my second took a year of TTC when I was 24.

Age 30 - 3 cycles with baby #2
Age 31 - 1 cycle with baby #3
Age 32 - 2 cycles with baby #4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583