If you are using a routine when are you suposed to leave the blummin house!

EmmaM2

new mummy
Reaction score
I have been using a rough routine from baby whisperer which is basically eat, activity, sleep every three hours. LO has responded really well to it, he has a very limited amount of actvity (often just until i have finished burping him) before he gets cranky and tired and then overtired (big screams and hard to settle) v. quickly so i have to act fast to get him to sleep - but when do you leave the house, during activity time or sleep time? my lo doesn't often sleep in his pram etc if he is overstimulated or even his car seat for any period of time unless the car is moving (literally wakes up at traffic lights) so he is quite a sensitive wee soul and so i'm stuck as to when to get things done/have some kind of life. Is anyone else on a routine - when do you leave the house and do things? thanks. btw lo is only 3 weeks old - i'm asuming activity time will increase as he gets older! xx

With my first, I quickly leant that routines ruin your life :haha: Baby 2 and 3 worked around the family, not the family woking around babys routine, this one will defo be the same! With 3 older kids, at different schools with different start/finishing times and different after school clubs etc.. a routine would be impossible! Getting baby used to workig around the family asap works best IMO!

I have never had a routine. Anna is 8 months now and so content. She sleeps when and wherever she wants without complaining. I am a get up and go out person and we are always out and about so sticking to a routine wouldnt work. She does get up and put to bed at roughly the same time every day and is fed pretty much every 4 hours but thats it:flower:

I do agree with you, and that is what we did for the first 3 weeks and tbh he was a nighhtmare which i think was down to overtiredness but since the weekend we started this routine and he is much calmer, he seems to need so much quiet time to be content, visitors etc are a nighhtmare! Just not sure what is best, hoping he will chill out as he gets a wee bit older (still so young) so i can be more flexible.

I only use a routine on a morning and night leaving the day time for whater whether stay in or go out hes happy

Might be worth getting a stretchy wrap to pop him in....my LO sounds similar, very rarely will he sleep in his pram. He'll ALWAYS sleep very very quickly in his wrap though....even in the days when he was really little and it'd regularly take 2hrs to get him to sleep each time! I use EASY as well and it's been much easier since I had my wrap for "emergencies" when he just won't sleep :lol:

Have a look at things like the Moby or Stretchy Wrap [I have the SR, love it]...you can get both cheap off eBay etc.

If I'm going into town with the pushchair I always take the wrap as well, it's stopped so many meltdowns! They look a bit complicated to tie at first but it really is very easy...after doing it about 3 times it becomes pretty much second nature. Absolute lifesaver...definitely recommend! Good luck :)

i dont have a routine as such all day but we do have a good night time routine. but daytime we just do what happens if we stay in we have lote of hugs and play time, if we go out she just loves being out so i just take toys for her and she is happy playing and singing away.

we have set bottle times now but i can still go out and just feed her while out.

Might be worth getting a stretchy wrap to pop him in....my LO sounds similar, very rarely will he sleep in his pram. He'll ALWAYS sleep very very quickly in his wrap though....even in the days when he was really little and it'd regularly take 2hrs to get him to sleep each time! I use EASY as well and it's been much easier since I had my wrap for "emergencies" when he just won't sleep :lol:

Have a look at things like the Moby or Stretchy Wrap [I have the SR, love it]...you can get both cheap off eBay etc.

If I'm going into town with the pushchair I always take the wrap as well, it's stopped so many meltdowns! They look a bit complicated to tie at first but it really is very easy...after doing it about 3 times it becomes pretty much second nature. Absolute lifesaver...definitely recommend! Good luck :)

I can say that the Moby saved me during DS's newborn period.

Also, we didn't even THINK about a routine until he was 6 months. At that point we only made bedtime a "routine" but everything else is loosely structured in the day. Otherwise, we'd never get out of the house.

we did the easy routine from day 1 - you just cant do on demand with two. It is very restrictive but tbh with twins I didnt get out much at all in the first month. I remember they were six weeks old before I took them out on my own. Anyway I used to do it in the activity bit. It does get easier and now I am ssooooo thank full they are routine babies - slept through from 16 weeks and now soo easy to feed/sleep/entertain etc.

We follow a bedtime routine but not during the day. As long as I make sure she gets a nap every couple of hours (she loves napping in her buggy so not really a problem), she tends to be ok.

We use a routine for night times and loosly follow the same pattern every day!! I've quickly learnt that some babies are unroutinable!!!

I tried this too!! E.A.S.Y it's called isn't it?? Yeah it never worked for us. I was literally housebound!! Now our routine is whatever we do during the day

7.00pm - Bathtime
7.30pm - Playtime
8.30pm - Feed & Wine down time
9.00pm - Bed.
11.30pm - Dreamfeed.

This worked so much better for us than trying to structure the whole day. She feeds on demand throughout the day but feeds every 3 hours anyway but she set that herself so I can go about my day aslong as I have bottles etc. Feeding whilst I'm out and about isn't a problem

Different babies are different I never had a routine AT ALL but LO found one and I know that she gets SUPER grumpy if she's not had her sleep. SO I keep a routine for her to get enough sleep but once or twice a week she has to get shorter naps whilst we're out and about as she'll sleep on me in a carrier as I can't sacrifice my whole life to her routines. On those days I have a grumpier baby. I just have to deal with it. :shrug:

I try and time nap time with being out in the pram as she sleeps well in the pram. Though generally I find routines hard to stick too all day as LO can be different each day and we have different actitivies on different days. What we have now is a morning routine up until the early morning nap, and an evening routine from the end off the late afternoon nap.

I try and time nap time with being out in the pram as she sleeps well in the pram. Though generally I find routines hard to stick too all day as LO can be different each day and we have different actitivies on different days. What we have now is a morning routine up until the early morning nap, and an evening routine from the end off the late afternoon nap.

Same here.

We do EASY as well.

We "go out" on activity time usually, in a sling so he can interact.

Sometimes we go out on sleep time - but he is tightly swaddled and a dark blanket placed over the stroller, so he sleeps. I don't do that often though because his sleep is not really deep in the stroller.

We only have a night time routine as we tend to be out and about quite a lot during the day. When Max was very young I used to hoover and have the TV on with his moses basket in the room, so he would be used to the noise.

Do try to get out and about as much as you can though, as my SIL had my nephew in such a strict routine he couldn't nap anywhere except his cot. Lol - I have the opposite problem. Max only wants to sleep in his buggy during the day !

Since I'm home during the day with my daughter I put her on a sch, she eats at 8 and noon and 3 snack and 6 for dinner never miss a beat. Rather we in the car out eating we bring the food and feed her as normal, she down to two naps a day one in the morning and one in the afternoon then bedtime. inbetween that we do are thing lol. Its tough but very worth it she a very happy content baby anddddddddddd 7-8 pm once she down is "our couple/alone time" til we go to bed :)

I tried this too!! E.A.S.Y it's called isn't it?? Yeah it never worked for us. I was literally housebound!! Now our routine is whatever we do during the day

7.00pm - Bathtime
7.30pm - Playtime
8.30pm - Feed & Wine down time
9.00pm - Bed.
11.30pm - Dreamfeed.

This worked so much better for us than trying to structure the whole day. She feeds on demand throughout the day but feeds every 3 hours anyway but she set that herself so I can go about my day aslong as I have bottles etc. Feeding whilst I'm out and about isn't a problem

Wine down time!!!!!:rofl::wine:

I dont have set routines. As long as the 5 babies are in bed by 7 and the older 4 are in bed by 9 on a school night, then the day just goes however!

We follow the EASY routine. For the first few weeks we were housebound by choice.
After about 5 weeks we started going out and I found it was better to take her out on the sleep times than activity times, as being in the pram, my arms or car meant she always slept. I'm sure that will change as she gets older.
However I have noticed she sleeps so much better in her cot and home and isn't as grumpy on the days we stay in compared to the days we go out, so I slightly changed it in that we try to go out only after her longer mid morning to lunchtime nap - she gets 2 hours sleep here and I prefer to let her have that undisturbed and then we are free to do anything in the afternoon. Back to the routine for bedtime...xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->