if you could build your own home....

lucy_smith

Reaction score
What would you plan of building?
We are planning to build and just wondered what you would build and what you would include in your plans?
Give me a little inspiration!

I really like the California bungalow/craftsman style houses.

https://0.tqn.com/d/architecture/1/7/3/l/Lurie-Terrell04f223039f.jpg

this is kind of unrealistic but i once saw a house on a tv programme that had a kind of living room on the landing upstairs, a sofa and a tv/games console, it was awesome!

i would have my stairs in the middle and doors off to the living room and kitchen (with a dining area at the back) on either side
or a rounded staircase.. its hard to describe! this may sound daft but can you play on a game like the sims where you design houses, just for layout ideas?
:flower:

I LOVE planning out my dream house!! I actually just put a game on my phone yesterday that I though would allow me to do it, but it was actually a game and you had to earn money to spend money :( i would like a nice big house with 2 living rooms and 4 bedrooms. I would want my bedroom to have its own private bathroom with a huge bathtub!!!!!!!

A hobbit hole:

https://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/002/c/3/sam__s_hobbit_hole_by_irissiel-d5q8pdz.jpg

I've seen things like this built on grand designs or something and they look so cute!

Lots of builtins and different details and designs that are lacking in new homes but that they used to use yesteryear.
Love little nooks and crannies.
Finished basements are always nice too. Extra living area.
Storage is a biggie. Make sure you have a good sized attic you can stand up in, or plenty of DRY space in the cellar!

I'd want to build a house that's as eco friendly as possible without being overly tree huggy. I'd also want loads of built in storage and a secret room too for kicks. I would totally love to build my own house one day!! :)

It would have three reception rooms so Niamh could have a downstairs play room, there would be a real coal/log fire in the living room. The dining room would have massive patio doors that opens out onto a patio so in the nice weather you could open it up. There would be lots of storage and a separate utility room is a must. It will be built with Eco friendly materials and in a way that has minimal heating bills. Maybe built into the side of a hill lol.

I've always dreampt of a barn conversion with an open plan living room as you walk in with a big staircase that leads to a messanine hallway that wraps around the whole inside (off of which would be the bedrooms) Simply so that at Christmas we could have the biggest tree ever and have to go upstairs to the hallway to reach to put the star on top!! (not that i've given this much thought over the years!! ;) )

It would have:
5 bedrooms
Conservatory
Huge garden
Garage
Bay windows
Good location
Playroom
Good size kitchen, as I love cooking

I think we need a lottery ticket though! Ha ha

High ceilings, sash bay windows, double fronted Victorianesque. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->