if you felt kicks from the outside early..

amytrisha

Mother of boys.
Reaction score
Did you have to press down to feel them or was it when you was just resting your hand on top? (And how far was you when you first felt it).

I just can't wait for OH to feel what I'm feeling! I know everybody is different though :)

I pressed down a little little bit to feel them because I could tell from the inside that they were getting stronger and more frequent. I think my first kicks were felt around 19 weeks, but in the beginning, I would only feel like 4-5 kicks A DAY and that was it. But now I'm almost 23 weeks and I feel probably 25-30, maybe more, kicks a day and some of them are SO strong that you can see my belly move where the baby kicks. My hubby has felt them SEVERAL times now, and I can just lay my hand over my belly and feel them very nicely. Can't wait for you to feel them and for your hubby to feel too! It's SO amazing!! <3

I started feeling them on the outside at 20 weeks-second child. My son and hubby have been feeling them since the beginning of 22 weeks.

I've been feeling them on the inside since about 16 weeks but they're not very strong, OH is so desperate to feel them bless him.

Hopefully it'll only be in a couple of weeks time! X

I started being able to feel them pressing down slightly at about 19 weeks I think! Although I think some babies aren't keen on kicking when you press, that's what I find! Now both I and DH can rest our hands on and feel her kicking away :)

My lil man kicked hard today that I actuly saw my belly move , I can feel them sometimes. They'll soon be strong enuf x

I felt her kick from 19 weeks on the inside, I've started feeling them every now and then on the outside this week and OH felt one kick 2 nights ago, I was quite surprised, the one he felt wasn't a very big one but he still felt it just by laying his hand on the spot she was kicking. Hoping to try and get him feeling her more, he lays his hand on my stomach regularly so she gets used to him because at first as soon as he put his hand on me, she stopped kicking immediately! My mum said it'll just be because it's something other than me so we're getting her used to him too :)

Thats what bubs like! As soon as OH puts his hand on my tum it barely moves, yet when the cat lies on my belly it goes mental?! :haha: Fussy baba!

Thank you ladies :)

I felt mine last thursday just resting my hand on top of bump and felt it. Hubby felt it too but he discribed a ripple feeling.

From 19 weeks pressing down slighty, oh felt it a few days ago x

I'm 23 weeks today and feeling a slight movement from the outside now. I'm exactly the same as the others when hubby does touch it it stops.... I'm at work, so it feels better when i'm laying down, and the bump is a bit more exposed.
It's been moving around a lot today and a lot higher up too, so rather than just on my bikini line area (although that does seem to be it's favorite position so far!!)

My poor OH is desperate to feel our LO kick but low and behold , he will be going mental and sure enough as soon as oh puts his had on my belly he stops instantly !!!! I feel a little for OH ! I'm 23 weeks on Tuesday so hoping it won't be long till OH gets to feel him :) I've been feeling him move from about 17 weeks , little pops at first ( could have been gas moving about ) but now there is no mistaking our little one wiggling about :)

I felt them from the outside at around 22 weeks with my first (24 weeks from the inside), and felt them from the outside at about 18 weeks (14 weeks from the inside) with my second. I would have to press a little in order to feel it at first.

The first one I felt my hands were just resting but we haven't been so lucky since..we've had to press pretty hard since. I was just under 19 weeks.

I could feel them from the outside at about 18.5 weeks with a firm hand but not really pushing down much. dh couldn't feel them until I was almost 22 weeks alone. I guess it's easier for us because we know where baby is kicking on the inside.

with my first it was 16 weeks from the outside, and just had to lie on my back and rest my hand down low! I didn't feel any inside flutters before that! suppose it depends on placenta position and also your size!

with my first it was 16 weeks from the outside, and just had to lie on my back and rest my hand down low! I didn't feel any inside flutters before that! suppose it depends on placenta position and also your size!

Was you slim with your first??
I felt my first proper movement at 16 weeks and that day i asked the midwife why and she said it will be because i'm so slim

With this baby (second) I first felt kicks from the inside at 14 weeks and felt kicks from outside with just my hand resting on bump since around 17 weeks, and now at 19 weeks can visibly see the kicks from the outside they are so strong x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->