If you get your BFP before Christmas

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Okay.. So I'm testing on either the 22nd or 23rd...

I'm suppose to get a visit from AF on the 18th.. But I want to wait as long as possible so I don't get a disappointing right before Christmas!!

On Christmas Eve is when all of my family will get together and his family on Christmas Day.. So this would be perfect if I got a !

So I've been thinking of a plan how to SUPRISE my family all at once!

I was thinking about getting everybody a different Christmas card with their name on it and get everybody to open it up at the same time and the card will say:

CONGRATS! Your gonna be a (aunt, uncle papa.. etc)

So they'll all get the news at the same time!
But I do plan on telling my mom, his mom and my grandmother but they'll still get a card so it won't look obvious!

What are you plans on telling your whole family?

Aw I love that! Very sweet!
I wouldn't tell anyone other than DH until 12 weeks ... Boring I know! I'd be over joyed with a BFP before Christmas though!!

Aw I love that! Very sweet!
I wouldn't tell anyone other than DH until 12 weeks ... Boring I know! I'd be over joyed with a BFP before Christmas though!!

Thanks! I think so too! It just came to me and I thought that would be perfect!!

When are you testing?

Yeah my DH would be first then it will be my mom, his mom and my grandmother! This way if I do the cards nobody gets their feelings hurt on who I call first! :wacko:

That's a great idea :) maybe cards that are "merry Christmas aunty" on the front and "from Mummy's tummy" inside sorta stuff :) according to ff I'm meant to have af 22nd but I only have a 10day lp and usually O late, I O'ed 4-5 days early this month so I'm begging my body to have a longer lp, 14dpo would be 26th but if I've not had af by 24th I'll test :D I also want be telling anyone but hubby, I'll even be skeptical to tell him as I hear so many horror stories about chemical pregnancies, I don't know how you tell if your bfp isn't a lie :shrug: I'd love to tell everyone though :)

I'm testing on the 26th (my birthday!!). But I won't share the news with anyone until maybe about 14 weeks (previous miscarriages). With my son, no one at work knew I was pregnant until about 18 weeks!.

But I do plan to tell DH in a special way on my birthday. Maybe let DS give him a present and say "Daddy you forgot to open this one yesterday..." with the BFP test inside...

If i ever get pregnant i will be keeping it between me and my husband for the first few weeks!!

That's a great idea :) maybe cards that are "merry Christmas aunty" on the front and "from Mummy's tummy" inside sorta stuff :) according to ff I'm meant to have af 22nd but I only have a 10day lp and usually O late, I O'ed 4-5 days early this month so I'm begging my body to have a longer lp, 14dpo would be 26th but if I've not had af by 24th I'll test :D I also want be telling anyone but hubby, I'll even be skeptical to tell him as I hear so many horror stories about chemical pregnancies, I don't know how you tell if your bfp isn't a lie :shrug: I'd love to tell everyone though :)

Aww! Yeah that'll be a cute idea!!!! Thanks! Do you chart? FF tells me to test on the 18th but I don't want a false :bfn: so I want to at least wait until I'm 3 days late!!!

If this wasn't Christmas I wouldn't tell nobody except for my DH, my mom and his mom.. But this would be easier to tell everybody at the same tile instead of someone getting mad or left out

I'm testing on the 26th (my birthday!!). But I won't share the news with anyone until maybe about 14 weeks (previous miscarriages). With my son, no one at work knew I was pregnant until about 18 weeks!.

But I do plan to tell DH in a special way on my birthday. Maybe let DS give him a present and say "Daddy you forgot to open this one yesterday..." with the BFP test inside...

So sorry about your miscarriage!!!! Aww how that would be soo sweet!!!!

If i ever get pregnant i will be keeping it between me and my husband for the first few weeks!!

Yeah I understand! If AF wasn't gonna come right before Christmas I would wait to tell everybody also :)

Wouldn't be telling my family until first scan. Would not recommend.

Since 1 in 3 BFPs end in miscarriage I wouldn't tell anyone.
I've just had one mc at 5 weeks and one at 6 weeks so next time ill be keeping it to myself longer!

I wouldn't have to tell my family, they'd already know..
Because my head would have exploded the second I saw that BFP and it would take a lot of people to help pick up all the little pieces lol

In all seriousness though, I would probably only tell my parents that I got a BFP but wouldn't tell anyone else until after the scan.

I deffo agree with not telling anyone until first scan, but my sister had an ectopic pregnancy at 9 weeks and she nearly died - had to have emergency operation as it had ruptured - none of us knew she was even pregnant and it was so sad, she was going to announce it on xmas day (last year) was such an awful time, as she had been trying for a few months and was over the moon and couldnt wait to tell us..
she went on to give birth to a beautiful girl 4 weeks ago and she didnt announce this pregnancy until after her first scan.. so i can see both sides, i would probs tell my mum just incase something happened to me like that and she would understand..

I think its a personal choice, if you want to your family at Xmas don't feel u can't!! I told my and his parents at 5 weeks close family at 9 weeks then everyone else after my 12 week scan :)

I'm due to to test the 25th so I'm going to test Xmas eve and wrap it up for oh, we would prob tell my parents then and his boxing day :)

Please don't let the possibility of miscarriage discourage you...if you want to shout it from the rooftop then go for it! And, IF something bad does happen, you will have a larger support system to help you cope. I didn't share my first pregnancy with anyone but DH so when it ended in a MC, he was the only shoulder I had to cry on...It would have been nice to have more people to talk to about it....

I'd tell my boyfriend, Bestfriend, her mom, and my mom.. But my mom doesn't keep secrets lol. I wouldn't want anyone else knowing till its noticeable.

FX for you, AF is due Christmas Eve for me, but I'll definitely test before then... I won't tell anyone until past the 13week point, as my previous pregnancy ended in mc

Please don't let the possibility of miscarriage discourage you...if you want to shout it from the rooftop then go for it! And, IF something bad does happen, you will have a larger support system to help you cope. I didn't share my first pregnancy with anyone but DH so when it ended in a MC, he was the only shoulder I had to cry on...It would have been nice to have more people to talk to about it....

I have to completely agree, I wish I had more support with my mc, I didn't tell anyone except my dh...I just look like a crazy emotional wreck i front of the family all the time! If you get your bfp, and are excited to share, tell everyone you love :)

Absolutely. I think it's a personal choice :)

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I would so love to know I was pregnant at Christmas! :cloud9: Roll on the 22nd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->