If you were me would you go to l&d?

MrsRohner

Reaction score
I'll be 34 weeks on Sunday. I've been to l&d twice for contractions which were only mild on the monitor. I tested positive on the fetal fibronectin test and was given steroid injects the last time but my cervix was still closed thankfully. I have been having period like menstrual cramps for a couple of hours now with some contractions sprinkled in (I've had the contractions on and off for weeks now) and just used the restroom and there was pink blood on the tissue. I would hate to go to l&d for nothing but I'm also worried because I've never had these menstrual like cramps :nope: Would you go to l&d or just wait it out? :shrug:

I personally would wait it out. I've been having period type cramping for weeks and weeks. When the contractions are about 5 minutes apart and very painful is when I would go in. Until then, they will just send you back home.

I started the period cramping around 35 weeks, so pretty close to what your experiencing. If I was 33/34 weeks and had some blood, pink or red I would probably go in. You could wait an hour and see if it stops, but if your nervous or worried probably better for you to go in.

Yea, because you are having blood and you are only 34 weeks, I would go in. Honestly, you won't be bothering anyone and I have always been told to look for blood and get it checked immediately. I am on watch for preterm labor now and that is what they just told me again. Period pains could be a sign, as well as the contractions added in and bleeding they need to figure out where it's coming from. Good luck hun. Hopefully your little baby keeps cooking for a bit longer.

You're only 34 weeks and if baby was born now it would be a preterm labor. Anytime you bleed and have cramps/contractions, whether the contractions are regular or NOT, you should go to L&D. If you bleed and you're passed 38 weeks then it's okay to wait it out at home as you're fullterm. I bled at 38 weeks and didn't go in because I knew it wasn't time to go. I would definitely go in. You tested positive on the test which means it's possible you could have your baby within the next two weeks and it sounds like something could be going on. Your cervix was closed then but when you bleed it means your cervix is changing so you could be opening up. I say go in and play it safe because you really could be in early labor.

I would go, and at the very least I would call L&D to see what they recommend based on your history and current symptoms.

If it's nothing, great!
If it's pre-term labor then they have a chance to try and stop it from occurring.

Good luck! I hope baby stays cookin' for a little bit longer!

I think you should go in. It's one thing to have cramps and contractions and it's a whole different thing to have a bleed (no matter how small), at least call them up and see what they say.

Just because you are still a few weeks away from been full term, i'm sure they will ask you to come in for a bit of investigation, it could be nothing. It's never a bother, they are usually very nice. Good luck Hun x

Thanks ladies :) your support always means a lot to me!! I was a rebel and didn't go in...menstraul cramps stopped and the contractions did too as long as I was laying down. Bleeding lasted the rest of the evening every time I used the restroom but is gone now today. Had some terrible back pain while sleeping last night though! Quite unusual since I've slept great with my snoogle for months. I'll have to see how today goes. No early baby allowed :haha: I have my shower tomorrow!

Aren't you still concerned as to what caused the bleeding in the first place??

I personally wouldn't be worried about what anyone in L&D thought about me as long as I know for sure everything is ok.

I don't mean to worry you or anything, just my opinion.

I'm glad things seem to have settled though xx

I think you should have at least called. Bleeding though not nesasarily something bad isnt normal at 34 weeks.

Agreed. Even if it has stopped now, you really should still call about it...

No the bleeding didn't worry me to terribly much because I've had it before. My mom is a labor and delivery nurse at the hospital I will be delivering at so she has told me before that as long as I'm not filling a pad then some spotting is normal. My doctor has never been concerned about my spotting that lasts just an evening either. Pregnancy is so worrisome and confusing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->